New Strike force

With hopefully Hazell back next week how about playing M'Voto up front with Tounkare.

One hell of a strike force to worry opposing defences and having seen 10 Min of him upfront yesterday he would score a few i reckon ?? Do better than the current crop.

:lol::lol::lol:

Edited by losesome

Tounkara is a big dope, he'd be a good impact sub, but I'd like a goalscorer in his place.

Where you at the game, Tounks ran 40 yards to keep the ball, outpaced 2 defenders and squared to Taylor.

The only dope around here is you.

And Pav has scored how many this season in the league?

Who mentioned Abbott? :blink: But to answer your question 0, but he has scored 2 goals in competitive football in less games than Tounkara. Bit that's neither here nor there.

I'm saying we need a goalscorer. If you've got a Lee Hughes, Luke Beckett or Chris Porter on the pitch you stand a better chance against the teams we're struggling to score past. A goal from a goalscoring striker could have been the difference between 1 point and 3 yesterday. The same could be said for the Yeovil and Wednesday games. Tounkara is not a goal scorer, he might chip in with a few but he'd be far more effective as a sub imo. You can't honestly wonder why we're getting bad draws at home and not winning as many as we should, without a goalscorer any team will struggle, any team. When you've got a guy who can stick the ball in the onion bag you can go a lot further in the league.

And no, I don't mean Abbott, he's not the goal scorer we need, he's a target man, a target man who had the burden of also being the main goalscoring threat, poacher, advanced forward, deep lying forward all at the same time. That's not his game, he is a target man who along with a goal scorer (ala Lee Hughes) would have seen us sure fired us further up the table than where we were. The treatment of Abbott is actually quite appalling if it wasn't for his goals we'd be playing League Two football right now, put Tounkara in last season's defensive minded team, does he muster 13 goals? Somehow I don't think so.

Who mentioned Abbott? :blink: But to answer your question 0, but he has scored 2 goals in competitive football in less games than Tounkara. Bit that's neither here nor there.

I'm saying we need a goalscorer. If you've got a Lee Hughes, Luke Beckett or Chris Porter on the pitch you stand a better chance against the teams we're struggling to score past. A goal from a goalscoring striker could have been the difference between 1 point and 3 yesterday. The same could be said for the Yeovil and Wednesday games. Tounkara is not a goal scorer, he might chip in with a few but he'd be far more effective as a sub imo. You can't honestly wonder why we're getting bad draws at home and not winning as many as we should, without a goalscorer any team will struggle, any team. When you've got a guy who can stick the ball in the onion bag you can go a lot further in the league.

And no, I don't mean Abbott, he's not the goal scorer we need, he's a target man, a target man who had the burden of also being the main goalscoring threat, poacher, advanced forward, deep lying forward all at the same time. That's not his game, he is a target man who along with a goal scorer (ala Lee Hughes) would have seen us sure fired us further up the table than where we were. The treatment of Abbott is actually quite appalling if it wasn't for his goals we'd be playing League Two football right now, put Tounkara in last season's defensive minded team, does he muster 13 goals? Somehow I don't think so.

So who do you propose that we should sign to go into the team instead of Tounkara?

Also i think Tounkara is the big target man this season?

So your blaming our bad draws at home and not winning as many as we should for Tounkara being in the team instead of a goalscorer?

Maybe Dickov actually knows something about strikers since he was one himself and made it at the top level?

Actually Tounkara in last seasons defensive probably would muster more than 13 goals, there was a lot of balls over the top that Abbott had no pace to get to, which Tounkara has. And how many penalties did Pav score last season btw?

We have got creativity about us we just need a goalscorer who can took em away when he gets the chance. Easier said than done though i suppose.

were crying out for a goal scorer,but the flops of last season are still here.so im guessing till one or all of those goes we cant bring anyone in...think if we wait till jan be too late,could do with capitalising on decentish start we have had.

And scored how many? And failed to square it a second time to Taylor which proved costly.

Dope. :grin:

i think he had every right to have a shot, he'd done the hard work himself and saw a gap to shoot.

taylor upfront could be a good move for him and he seemed to link well with tounkara yesterday

So who do you propose that we should sign to go into the team instead of Tounkara?

Also i think Tounkara is the big target man this season?

So your blaming our bad draws at home and not winning as many as we should for Tounkara being in the team instead of a goalscorer?

Maybe Dickov actually knows something about strikers since he was one himself and made it at the top level?

Actually Tounkara in last seasons defensive probably would muster more than 13 goals, there was a lot of balls over the top that Abbott had no pace to get to, which Tounkara has. And how many penalties did Pav score last season btw?

I want a goalscorer in the team, you want Joe Colbeck back, 'nuff said.

I want a goalscorer in the team, you want Joe Colbeck back, 'nuff said.

Never said i wanted him back.. said anyone still wish he was here?

he actually gave some width to the team which we dont have to much of atm, space infront of black is usually empty isnt it?

Edited by RobOAFC