London based Tics

Mods I knew this isn't the correct forum, but the most noticed. So please leave this thread till after the Brentford game for those that it will help.

Question: Best way via tube from Euston Station to Brentford's Griffin park?

Looking at the Brentford website, the most straight forward walk would be from Ealing South tube station on the Piccadilly line. (it's zone three for those travelling tis way)

Mods I knew this isn't the correct forum, but the most noticed. So please leave this thread till after the Brentford game for those that it will help.

Looking at the Brentford website, the most straight forward walk would be from Ealing South tube station on the Piccadilly line. (it's zone three for those travelling tis way)

The rail station is an easy walk to the ground. so, tube to Paddington? Then rail out I think.

I did it to South Ealing Tube last time and that's the way I intend going tomorrow, it's about 5 minutes on the bus from there or a 15-20 minute walk in a straight line to Griffin Park.

That's probably the best way. There is engineering work on the Piccadilly so no service north of Kings X. That shouldn't be a problem but if there are knock on effects which wouldn't be a huge surprise then the alternative would be to get the Northern line to Waterloo and then the overground train to Brentford.

That's probably the best way. There is engineering work on the Piccadilly so no service north of Kings X. That shouldn't be a problem but if there are knock on effects which wouldn't be a huge surprise then the alternative would be to get the Northern line to Waterloo and then the overground train to Brentford.

Is that alternative the over ground to Reading?

Thanks brothers. So am I correct in saying, from Euston take the Northern line south to Leicester Square then, the Piccadilly to South Ealing tube?

Yes, or take the Victoria line south to Green Park then change to the Picadilly line, a couple less stops and you'll avoid the nightmare that is Picadilly Circus and Leicester Square on a Saturday afternoon!!!!

Yes, or take the Victoria line south to Green Park then change to the Picadilly line, a couple less stops and you'll avoid the nightmare that is Picadilly Circus and Leicester Square on a Saturday afternoon!!!!

Cheers sounds better. But can I store all these details???

I've done it to brentford 3 times via South Ealing station. Come out of the station, turn right and its a stright walk down a hill to the ground. (There is amain road to cross at the bottom). Its about a 15 min walk - but the ground is easy to find.

My plan was:

Euston - Leicester Square ... drop bag off at free hotel

Leicester - Square - Waterloo ... change to overground

Waterloo - Brentford

Is that an acceptable plan?

(Then walk back to hotel from Waterloo, give the lad a 60 mniute tour of London!)

write em down, u r tekkin full responsibility for this 1 dude

Erm...I think i take full responsibility if it ever goes wrong and of course you're the mastermind when all my plans go smoothly!!

PS: Corner flags nearing completion. Going from the have not's to those with the most. Best Corner Flags in the league bar none.

Erm...I think i take full responsibility if it ever goes wrong and of course you're the mastermind when all my plans go smoothly!!

PS: Corner flags nearing completion. Going from the have not's to those with the most. Best Corner Flags in the league bar none.

Iphone tube app - simples

Iphone national rail app - simples

Green Park is a very long walk to change from Picadilly to Victoria line (so I assume its the same the other way) and I would advise against it for anyone with decent sized bags.

Green Park is a very long walk to change from Picadilly to Victoria line (so I assume its the same the other way) and I would advise against it for anyone with decent sized bags.

How long? do you mean like down streets? or through underground walk ways?

Our plan was Victoria Line Euston to Green Park then Piccadilly Line Green Park to Hammersmith - pop our heads above ground to dump bags at the hotel, then Piccadilly Line Hammersmith to South Ealing...........walk.......drink......watch the match........drink........drink........

We're on the 9.55 from Manchester, gets in just after 12, so I reckon it might be tightish for time :(.

Our plan was Victoria Line Euston to Green Park then Piccadilly Line Green Park to Hammersmith - pop our heads above ground to dump bags at the hotel, then Piccadilly Line Hammersmith to South Ealing...........walk.......drink......watch the match........drink........drink........

We're on the 9.55 from Manchester, gets in just after 12, so I reckon it might be tightish for time :(.

Don't forget: there's officially no boozing on the underground. Get a can from the offy for the walk from South Ealing to Brentford.