Latics player commentary

It would be interesting to know how many local people (who can afford it), no longer attend home games but listen to the commentary. It could be the reason why attendancies have dropped over the past few years. It's far less hastle to just logon at 3 and listen, than make the effort to go to the game (especially if you don't drive).

It would be interesting to know how many local people (who can afford it), no longer attend home games but listen to the commentary. It could be the reason why attendancies have dropped over the past few years. It's far less hastle to just logon at 3 and listen, than make the effort to go to the game (especially if you don't drive).

I am sure that is not the answer al.

If you go by the number sing the chat service at the same time, then when Latics are at home it is about 30 people. It goes up to about 60 for the far flung away games

Not knowing many of them perosnally, but knowing enough about them over the years, I'd say 20 of those are definately classed as exiles.

Of course, moe could be listening only, but even thn you can tell by th enumber of posters after the game.

Of the 100,000 Oldhamers, I think a bigger majoroity are fed up of being in this league alone, have kids or other responsiiblities now, sit in the pub, watch Greedy LEague etc

Yep that has happened to me. I just can sit at home when the weather is bad and listen.....the only thing that will motivsate me to attend evening matches/close away games and all home games is a better ground and a true goal scorer. Tunkara is a waste of space from I have seen.. bring back Lee Hughes...

Yep that has happened to me. I just can sit at home when the weather is bad and listen.....the only thing that will motivsate me to attend evening matches/close away games and all home games is a better ground and a true goal scorer. Tunkara is a waste of space from I have seen.. bring back Lee Hughes...

Tounkara is not a waste of space, in fact quite the opposite. It's his first season in league football so give the lad a break, he's creating plenty of chances and goals for others with his unselfish running, with his pace and physique he's a real handful for opposing defenders.

He's getting fitter with every match and when, not if, he starts scoring regularly we'll have a real player on our hands.....if Sunderland were to give us the opportunity of signing him and M'voto in January I would snatch their bloody hands off because by the end of the season I think clubs will be queing to sign them!!!