Chris Taylor - Brentford Fan's View

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Meh, he's finding his form again after last year and his general game doesn't offend me in any way - definitely not any disgrace to the club. The amount of times over the years we've been wound up by cheating little gobs***es, it's nice to have one of them working for us for a change!

Keep up the good work CT, I say!

Just on yesterday, the more I look at the tackle for the penalty, the worse it looks. Studs up, aiming for Chris' ankle - Bees fans can have no complaints.

i dont think your getting my point. dont mind him winding people up and ye he is getting his form back and finally playing well again. my issue is diving there is no need for it. when an opposition plyer does it and gets a penalty everyone jumps on here and slags them off and says its ruining the game ect but then people are now condoning it because he is a latics player. im saying there is a good enoug player in there for him to not need to dive/cheat. you appear to be defending his cheating. do you defend opposition players when the cheat to win penalties against us?

i dont think your getting my point. dont mind him winding people up and ye he is getting his form back and finally playing well again. my issue is diving there is no need for it. when an opposition plyer does it and gets a penalty everyone jumps on here and slags them off and says its ruining the game ect but then people are now condoning it because he is a latics player. im saying there is a good enoug player in there for him to not need to dive/cheat. you appear to be defending his cheating. do you defend opposition players when the cheat to win penalties against us?

it happens against us so often why no make use of it?? also the refs are so poor that things like this have to happen to get desicions,

Seriously?

Went to the game yesterday and he didn't see him do much cheating, so have no idea what the Brentford fans' problem is, let alone our own fans.........

I was down that end for the second half and the Brentford fans weren't too happy about the penalty (correct decision from the ref) or the fact he went over shortly after holding his face claiming the Brentford player had caught him. (Holdsworth was on the side telling Taylor to calm down)

Some of the abuse from the Brentford fans was OTT especially as the subs were warming up, Kelly and Brooke were the main targets (who just laughed it off) but straingly they didn't say anything to the 6' Jean Francios Christophe.

I missed the alleged feigning of being punched. That aside, I honestly don't know why they are upset. He was kicked time and again and kept letting the ref know. So?

What makes it all a bit more sad is that it's Brentford; a club that's had horrible, niggly, cheating, overly-aggresive and traditionally dirty right through the fabric of their club for as long as I can remember.

They sound like Crewe fans.

They need to read this book

Sour Grapes: Studies in the Subversion of Rationality (Cambridge, 1983), a book by Jon Elster describing the phenomenon of adaptive preference formation or called cognitive dissonance. PILLOCKS....

Please, please post on their forum and suggest that to them. I'm sure they'll see the funny side..... :grin:

I know every forum has its fair share of over-reacting nonsense, but calling someone a 'despicable human being' for supposedly diving and cheating? I wasn't at the game and didn't see the highlights,but even if he did dive it hardly puts him on a par with Peter Sutcliffe, does it? I hate the phrase "it's only a game", but come on, sense of perspective....

We seem to be infuriating quite a few teams this season (remember that Charlton fan calling us "niggly, overly rough, time-wasting, hateful, evil, rage-inducing northerners"?) Long may it continue...

it happens against us so often why no make use of it?? also the refs are so poor that things like this have to happen to get desicions,

what so if you cant beat them join them? thats the worst excuse for defending cheating ever 'well they do it so why cant we?'. school playground springs to mind

No, but I suck it up and accept its part of the game.

Got to be honest, I'm not sure why Latics fans are suddenly jumping on him for diving and cheating. It just seems to have stemmed from the frustrated and bitter rants on the Brentford forum. I'd say Taylor makes the most of fouls to ensure he gets free-kicks - no problem with this at all, as he's been fouled. I can't ever really remember him blatantly diving.

To call him "a disgrace to the club and football" is just daft.

No, but I suck it up and accept its part of the game.

Got to be honest, I'm not sure why Latics fans are suddenly jumping on him for diving and cheating. It just seems to have stemmed from the frustrated and bitter rants on the Brentford forum. I'd say Taylor makes the most of fouls to ensure he gets free-kicks - no problem with this at all, as he's been fouled. I can't ever really remember him blatantly diving.

To call him "a disgrace to the club and football" is just daft.

i have always said it about him this isnt the first time. and making the most of a foul i different from blatently diving but even so its still simulation and i have seen him dive without a foul several times

I'm not sure why Latics fans are suddenly jumping on him for diving and cheating.

No, a fair few have been on it, well since he started doing it (well since he started playing that is).

His behaviour, although the norm in football, is a disgrace to the club, me, you, every fan watching and football. The fact that there's hundreds of other players disgracing themselves is irrelevant.

what so if you cant beat them join them? thats the worst excuse for defending cheating ever 'well they do it so why cant we?'. school playground springs to mind

well tbh i dont care how we win aslong as we do, if we do it and get away with it so be it, i dont think taylor dives i think he makes the most of being caught now excuse me here but i think thats very very clever from the lad

well tbh i dont care how we win aslong as we do, if we do it and get away with it so be it, i dont think taylor dives i think he makes the most of being caught now excuse me here but i think thats very very clever from the lad

well you need to try watch matches without the rose tinted glasses

His behaviour, although the norm in football, is a disgrace to the club, me, you, every fan watching and football. The fact that there's hundreds of other players disgracing themselves is irrelevant.

I disagree and thinks that's incredibly harsh.

If he's such a cheat, you've got to wonder why he hasn't been booked/sent-off more for diving?

Edited by JoeP

Well TBH, I don't care how we win as long as we do. If we do it and get away with it so be it, I dont think Taylor dives. I think he makes the most of being caught. Now excuse me here but I think thats very, very clever from the lad.

I can't disagree with this more. It undermines the sporting philosophy. it makes me think, 'what is the point' of watching this 'sport'.

In short, I despise everyone that does this, that condones it and that makes fanny arsed rules that let people get away with it.

(I hate to mince my words)

Edited by OldhamSheridan

I disagree and thinks that's incredibly harsh.

If he's such a cheat, you've got to wonder why he hasn't been booked/sent-off more for diving?

Because the rules nowadays let people off with cheating.

I've said before, and I'll say again, diving (or overdoing things as some would put it) should be met with a five game ban. It would stop overnight as players lost their wages.

I can't disagree with this more. It undermines the sporting philosophy. it makes me think, 'what is the point' of watching this 'sport'.

In short, I despise everyone that does this, that condones it and that makes fanny arsed rules that let people get away with it.

(I hate to mince my words)

i just dont see how taylor can win with some of our fans, he plays brilliant and gets a pen which he makes the most of and btw was a stonewall pen and he gets slated, he doesnt turn up and gets slated . How about gettin behind him

i just dont see how taylor can win with some of our fans, he plays brilliant and gets a pen which he makes the most of and btw was a stonewall pen and he gets slated, he doesnt turn up and gets slated . How about gettin behind him

dickov said it in his post match interview on GMR, he can be the team's best player and i think going upfront has done alot for him.

i was at the scunthorpe game when he annoyed their fans so much, he got two of them sent off, which was great for us and he had a great game himself. (not so great for me as i was in the scunthorpe stand and it happened right infront of me

Agreed - our fans do seem to have a habit of wanting the cloud to go with the silver lining.

I think Taylor is an excellent player. Without him I think we would be facing relegation. I would even go as far as say that, after Gregan, I can't think of an Oldham player I would rather watch. When he is playing the game right.

We all know why he does it (the diving, not the knee high, potential leg breaking challenges that he occasionally does), because the rules award it. But I for one will never accept it. It's pathetic. Better players than him do it Messi for instance. But it is just plain wrong.

Nobody complained when Rick Holden used to do it. The lads got a bit of confidence back and put a bit of steel in his game. You moan when he's soft and moan if he gets stuck in. Luring opposition players into making a mistake and fouling you is a big part of the game. It's not cheating, it's reading ur opposition. He does that more than he dives, I don't think he throws himself to the ground without contact, which is the cheating that most fans have a problem with.

Agreed - our fans do seem to have a habit of wanting the cloud to go with the silver lining.

not gonna happen some people just cant help but moan, this ties in with the :censored: attendences, if its not the 3 sides or the atmosphere, its the food or because there is a possibilty other clubs fans are there, get a grip ffs

hopefully the brentford game due to the thread being on that, and you said earlier that you wasnt at the game, how can you honestly comment of something you havnt seen first hand

well there you go then try reading what is in front of you. i am not talking about any particular game and made it clear i wasnt at the game and wouldnt comment on it. im talking about chris taylor (he's a player not a game btw) who's the d**k now