Latics Announce Financial Year Losses

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And it's people like you who think that is TTA's fault who are part of the problem.

How very wrong... Fans like me have always been part of the solution... A fan willing to live within the clubs means... Promoting surviving ahead of of gambling...

The problems lie elsewhere... The fact I have given up on a hopeless situation doesn't make me the problem, it gives me integrity...

Edited by oafc0000

7 years and we are still losinglucky enough to have someone try and get us out of this poxy division writing cheques for £1.5 million a year... Epic fail And still I'm ungreateful as far as I am concerned...

Fixed it for ya

I have to say, do I consider TTA and SC untouchable and can do no wrong. Majorly not. But to have a whinge (for that is all it is) for the following reasons:

They will walk away with barrowloads of cash

They are in it for the money

They'll go as soon as they can (only because they said that all along)

They have not got us promoted

They need to splasks ome cash on a striker

They need to rein the money completely (well I agree but none of us want them to)

There are other sites in Oldham

Why can't they re-develop BP

Flies in the face of the facts.

The fact I have given up on a hopeless situation doesn't make me the problem, it gives me integrity...

You say what?!

In your dreams.

You have every right to go, don;t have to give your reasons even, but to say that gives you integirty.

That's laughable. You might want to look at things from another angle.

You say what?!

In your dreams.

You have every right to go, don;t have to give your reasons even, but to say that gives you integirty.

That's laughable. You might want to look at things from another angle.

Integrity is a concept of consistency of actions, values, methods, measures, principles, expectations and outcomes.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Integrity

There comes a point where you have to say if NO ONE is prepared to change the way football is run and financed then you really have to look at what you are throwing money at. It is integrity. Maybe not in your eyes, but it is in mine.

Edited by oafc0000

There comes a point where you have to say if NO ONE is prepared to change the way football is run and financed then you really have to look at what you are throwing money at. It is integrity. Maybe not in your eyes, but it is in mine.

So in your view those who attend matches lack integrity.

Do one.

So in your view those who attend matches lack integrity.

Do one.

I don't think that is necessarily true...

Issues of morality and Integrity are subjective... We all hold different morals and feel different thing show intergraity or not... They are personal feelings...

You choose yours and I will choose mine... I am not critising anyone for going or not... Make your own choice!

Edited by oafc0000

I don't think that is necessarily true...

Issues of morality and Integrity are subjective...

Why have the club felt the need to release these figures now some 6 months after the end of the tax year for last year, is it their way of getting the fans ready with the we are going into administration bombshell.

Why have the club felt the need to release these figures now some 6 months after the end of the tax year for last year, is it their way of getting the fans ready with the we are going into administration bombshell.

We don't owe the taxman or the banks a penny at this point, so there will be no administration unless Blitz and Gazal want their money back. Which they have always stated they wouldn't do to us.

Integrity is a concept of consistency of actions, values, methods, measures, principles, expectations and outcomes.

I disagree, you have not been consistent, you were going and know you are not.

What you have said is you are not going because There comes a point where you have to say if NO ONE is prepared to change the way football is run and financed then you really have to look at what you are throwing money at. and that is not why you stopped going.

You stoped going for other, and very valid nonetheless reasons.

Integrity is not about boycotting something, it is an intangible, a belief.

What you are doing is trying to fit a supposed belief to justify your actions, when integrity is when your actions come from your belieifs automatically.

Edited by singe

But you have not been consistent, you were going and know you are not.

What you have said is you are not going because There comes a point where you have to say if NO ONE is prepared to change the way football is run and financed then you really have to look at what you are throwing money at. and that is not why you stopped going.

You stoped going for other, and very valid nonetheless reasons.

Integrity is not about boycotting something, it is an intangible, a belief.

What you are doing is trying to fit a supposed belief to justify your actions, when integrity is when your actions come from your belieifs automatically.

ah well... you are welcome to your opinion...

The accounts have now been filed at Companies House and are therefore openly available. It is standard practice for the directors to make a comment on them as that happens. We shouldn't be reading anymore into it.

Or to cut a long story, greedy selfish clubs like ourselves... Founder members and all...

On the contrary - I believe Latics and Crystal Palace were the only two founder clubs to initially veto the proposal, you sensationalistic drama queen.

A fan willing to live within the clubs means... Promoting surviving ahead of of gambling...

In the current footballing world, living within your means will tend to result in a reduction of those means.

Slashing the wage bill to a sustainable level would likely see us in the bottom four, gates would reflect this and suddenly we'd be spending beyond our means again. It's a ticket to a downward spiral, whereas spending beyond your means at least offers some sort of ':censored: or bust' roll of the dice. The dilemna of lower league pro football..

Just been thinking about this exceptional loss of £550k in respect of the planning application for the redevelopment of BP...why on earth is OAFC footing the bill for this when the project was that the land is being used to pay for the new stadium? Land owned by Brassbank whose owners are TTA...they're selling off land around BP for what at 1st was the redevelopment of Boundary Park, but later changed to Failsworth and yet the company OAFC 2004 are footing a £550,000 bill? Something stinks about this latest info coming out!

Edited by boundaryblue80

Just been thinking about this exceptional loss of £550k in respect of the planning application for the redevelopment of BP...why on earth is OAFC footing the bill for this when the project was that the land is being used to pay for the new stadium? Land owned by Brassbank whose owners are TTA...they're selling off land around BP for what at 1st was the redevelopment of Boundary Park, but later changed to Failsworth and yet the company OAFC 2004 are footing a £550,000 bill? Something stinks about this latest info coming out!

The development of Boundary Park would have been for the benefit of Oldham Athletic and costs were incurred along the way towards making it happen. If the development had gone ahead, nobody would have moaned at the costs. Like anything in life, it is frustrating when costs are incurred for something that does not come to fruition.

Edited by Takemeanywhere

The figures are relevant to when Blitz was bankrolling the club, so it's broad as long isn't it (until if and when he calls the debt in I suppose)?

Said the man with the massive head :grin:

The development of Boundary Park would have been for the benefit of Oldham Athletic and costs were incurred along the way towards making it happen. If the development had gone ahead, nobody would have moaned at the costs. Like anything in life, it is frustrating when costs are incurred for something that does not come to fruition.

I've no problem with the cost coming about due to "trying" to make it happen...I'm questioning where this figure should be apportioned to. Seeing as they pulled the main asset, the land, away from the club when it was bought back off the council by TTA owned OAFC 2004 and stuck it in Brassbank why should the £550k bill go to OAFC and not to Brassbank? After all, this is where the money was coming from for the new stadium.

Stitch_KTF - we're being told what losses Blitz and co have taken and talked about loans being called in, yet this £550k goes straight to OAFC. Either Brassbank and the money from selling the land around foots the then-redevelopment/now-new stadium (and thus costs like this are seperate from OAFC) or it doesn't. It seems from this, it doesn't...In essence, it's as though they've called in £550k off OAFC already!

Edited by boundaryblue80

I've no problem with the cost coming about due to "trying" to make it happen...I'm questioning where this figure should be apportioned to. Seeing as they pulled the main asset, the land, away from the club when it was bought back off the council by TTA owned OAFC 2004 and stuck it in Brassbank why should the £550k bill go to OAFC and not to Brassbank? After all, this is where the money was coming from for the new stadium.

If you owned a house on a long-term lease and wanted to build an extension, you would need to draw up plans and get planning permission, all of which incurs costs. If the extension didn't end up going ahead, do you think you would be able to turn around to your landlord and say,"you pay the costs"?

BB80, you're so utterly obsessed with finding something that "stinks" in just about everything the club does, I'm beginning to wonder if the smell is a little closer to home. Do you have inconctinence issues?

oafc0000 - what kind of reaction did you expect to declaring that you have more integrity than the fans who still go and support the club?

And what did you honestly expect the club to do back in 1991?? Do you really and truly believe ickle Oldham would have been able to veto the Grand Plan?!

It's all too easy to be moralistic and full of integrity when pontificating on a messageboard about what should or shouldn't be done, and it usually comes from the sort of people who have the overriding need to feel superior to others. Which I find a very ugly trait.

Edited by garcon

If you owned a house on a long-term lease and wanted to build an extension, you would need to draw up plans and get planning permission, all of which incurs costs. If the extension didn't end up going ahead, do you think you would be able to turn around to your landlord and say,"you pay the costs"?

They don't own us on a long term lease...they own us lock and stock. As well as Brassbank...the company they set up to hold the land and sell it off when required to raise the money for the redevelopment/new stadium...but this £550k goes to OAFC??? You're giving hypotheticals that aren't answering the question...why is the money being raised out of the land sale by Brassbank not being used for these costs???

2 words...Asset stripped...

Edited by boundaryblue80