Oldham Hooligan book

Someone mentioned to me that a latics fan brought out a hooligan book, but couldn't remember what is was called or who wrote it... I don't remember one coming out, as I'm sure it would have been mentioned on here.... Has someone written one? If so, is it any good?

Twas called "We are the Famous Football Hooligans" by Varl H Spiers

Never got around to reading it so cant comment.

If anyone wants to sell a copy let me know. I have always had a strange interest in mass disorder (football related and non-football related) and have quite a few books on the subject :grin:

Most of the football violence books I have read are pretty crap and have been put back on the shelf after a few chapters. Haven't read a 'Hoolie' book for a few years, but Guvnors (City), Congratulations, You Have Just Met The I.C.F (West Ham), Red Army General and Men In Black (United) are well worth a read.

If anyone wants to sell a copy let me know. I have always had a strange interest in mass disorder (football related and non-football related) and have quite a few books on the subject :grin:

Most of the football violence books I have read are pretty crap and have been put back on the shelf after a few chapters. Haven't read a 'Hoolie' book for a few years, but Guvnors (City), Congratulations, You Have Just Met The I.C.F (West Ham), Red Army General and Men In Black (United) are well worth a read.

They're all much of a muchness, "We chased them, they chased us..." both claimed victory etc, etc.... Best story on this topic was John 'The Ones' battling for the Boro - telling tales of his time running the Middlesbrough firm, unfortunately Cleveland Police used his chronicles against him and he received a lifetime ban from the Riverside :grin:

On a related subject I thought Awaydays was decent but the remake of The Firm was pretty average but good in parts.

They're all much of a muchness, "We chased them, they chased us..." both claimed victory etc, etc.... Best story on this topic was John 'The Ones' battling for the Boro - telling tales of his time running the Middlesbrough firm, unfortunately Cleveland Police used his chronicles against him and he received a lifetime ban from the Riverside :grin:

On a related subject I thought Awaydays was decent but the remake of The Firm was pretty average but good in parts.

Most on them are very similiar "We chased them, they chased us...", but the ones have I recommended I felt have a little bit more about them.

The Boro Frontline book is truly awful.

Awaydays is a good book. Kevin Sampson's books are usually pretty decent. Not seen the film, however.

The Firm - is that a book ? I have seen both of the films. The original is a classic, the remake was average like you say, but worth a wacth for the tunes and clothes. I.D is the best Hooligan film for me.

Most on them are very similiar "We chased them, they chased us...", but the ones have I recommended I felt have a little bit more about them.

The Boro Frontline book is truly awful.

Awaydays is a good book. Kevin Sampson's books are usually pretty decent. Not seen the film, however.

The Firm - is that a book ? I have seen both of the films. The original is a classic, the remake was average like you say, but worth a wacth for the tunes and clothes. I.D is the best Hooligan film for me.

I've read the ones you've recommended but I still thought they were pretty average. As for the films, I thought I.D. had some interesting ideas but I thought that was pretty average too but others disagree and have elevated it to cult status. As for the two we've mentioned, Away Days and The Firm remake - worth watching just for the soundtracks. The Away Days soundtrack in particular s superb.

I like "Naughty" the Stoke one. The fictional Tranny one was really good.

As for films, I.D. was brilliant as was the original Firm. The remake of the Firm though was an insult to the original. Absolutely terrible :-(

If anyone has a copy or if anyone knows Carl any chance you could ask him if he's got any left I can buy as I'd still like to get hold of one, even if a couple on here think its sh1t.

I like "Naughty" the Stoke one. The fictional Tranny one was really good.

As for films, I.D. was brilliant as was the original Firm. The remake of the Firm though was an insult to the original. Absolutely terrible :-(

If anyone has a copy or if anyone knows Carl any chance you could ask him if he's got any left I can buy as I'd still like to get hold of one, even if a couple on here think its sh1t.

oldham get a good write up in stoke's n40 book.we are mentioned in most of the books i have read.