Citeh Fans on this weekends promotion

I've seen it far worse at opposition grounds, I seem to recall someone in a Man Utd shirt giving it the bigg'un to us at Peterborough once

Yeah, united fans seem to be located up and down the UK. It's an embarrasment really seeing local football teams shirts at a ground. If you've come to see a team either wear there shirt or come in normal clothing. I remember seeing a bury shirt under this lads jacket not long back.

City fans have become more annoying than manchester united fans recently ! there arrogant and stuck up t**ts ! there branding us glory supporters ???

very much glory supporters who travel all the way to southampton on a tuesday night to watch a game under penny ? :S

f**k them and there club !

I think you may have completely missed their point.

I must confess (well, anyone who has seen my rants on here of late will already know) that I am utterly flabbergasted by this City thing. I thought - up until the other week - that it was a central tenet in our faith that we hate Man City. Then I find out that apparently nobody does anymore. When did this happen? Last week, last month, last year, 10 years ago? When? Was it not sung every single game for several years that "We only hate Man City" and then little ditty about having the wings of a sparrow and flying over Maine Road etc? Not 10 or 15 people but hundreds shouting their lungs out? And now I see people expressing embarrasment if 10 or 15 people stand up and shout that they hate Man U and Man C. Who are these people? Where did they come from? What happened to football? When did it become so......crap?

I feel like a fundamentalist jihadist who been away for a few years to come back and find his comrades have shaved their beards off, pledged their allegiance to the United States and confess bemusement to my beliefs.

How did this happen? Is it to do with the Chaddy having its heart ripped out when they put seats into it, the club folklore died with it?

I feel absolutely no affinity with the people who own and run the club but that's by the by, the fans make a club after all. But to find out that the fans arent actually the fans I thought they were has utterly bemused me. Have I even been supporting the same club? Have I fallen into a parallel universe were everything seems the same until one day you realise it's all very very wrong? I cant be supporting the same club - I realise now the club I support exists only 15-35 years ago and not in the here and now. I'm a relic of a long gone, and would seem utterly forgotten age.

I need to go away and build a time machine, not to just be in a simpler time where we hated City, they didnt like us and all was good and the Universe was in balance and harmony. No, not that - what I must do is find all of your fathers and stop them ever meeting your mothers. I need to stop this abomination.

Edited by help_shiny

I must confess (well, anyone who has seen my rants on here of late will already know) that I am utterly flabbergasted by this City thing. I thought - up until the other week - that it was a central tenet in our faith that we hate Man City. Then I find out that apparently nobody does anymore. When did this happen? Last week, last month, last year, 10 years ago? When? Was it not sung every single game for several years that "We only hate Man City" and then little ditty about having the wings of a sparrow and flying over Maine Road etc? Not 10 or 15 people but hundreds shouting their lungs out? And now I see people expressing embarrasment if 10 or 15 people stand up and shout that they hate Man U and Man C. Who are these people? Where did they come from? What happened to football? When did it become so......crap?

I feel like a fundamentalist jihadist who been away for a few years to come back and find his comrades have shaved their beards off, pledged their allegiance to the United States and confess bemusement to my beliefs.

How did this happen? Is it to do with the Chaddy having its heart ripped out when they put seats into it, the club folklore died with it?

I feel absolutely no affinity with the people who own and run the club but that's by the by, the fans make a club after all. But to find out that the fans arent actually the fans I thought they were has utterly bemused me. Have I even been supporting the same club? Have I fallen into a parallel universe were everything seems the same until one day you realise it's all very very wrong? I cant be supporting the same club - I realise now the club I support exists only 15-35 years ago and not in the here and now. I'm a relic of a long gone, and would seem utterly forgotten age.

I need to go away and build a time machine, not to just be in a simpler time where we hated City, they didnt like us and all was good and the Universe was in balance and harmony. No, not that - what I must do is find all of your fathers and stop them ever meeting your mothers. I need to stop this abomination.

i still hate them.

Always have and always will hate man u and man city !

There are a few nods to religion in there. It all makes sense now...

Blasphemer. Are you now suggesting that because I fervently dont like Man City that I'm religious? Oldham Athletic is our religion and you're from some warped schism. Folk like you with your "oooh, dont dislike other clubs" and your "ahhhh,those chavs are embarrasing me by standing up and singing things" and "eeeeeh by Jove,it's quiet here these days.wonder where everyone has gone?" are now the soul of football (aaaaaaargggh, mother he said soul, he said soul) and for that it is a far far poorer thing.

I think some of it stems from the fact that Utd and City are so far ahead of us now and the rivalry is going, whereas at one time going back decades we always had a chance of keeping up with them. Does anyone honestly believe we will ever be on a par with them again. Negative..maybe?, Realistic....certainly

Blasphemer. Are you now suggesting that because I fervently dont like Man City that I'm religious? Oldham Athletic is our religion and you're from some warped schism. Folk like you with your "oooh, dont dislike other clubs" and your "ahhhh,those chavs are embarrasing me by standing up and singing things" and "eeeeeh by Jove,it's quiet here these days.wonder where everyone has gone?" are now the soul of football (aaaaaaargggh, mother he said soul, he said soul) and for that it is a far far poorer thing.

Teehee.

I think some of it stems from the fact that Utd and City are so far ahead of us now and the rivalry is going, whereas at one time going back decades we always had a chance of keeping up with them. Does anyone honestly believe we will ever be on a par with them again. Negative..maybe?, Realistic....certainly

We were once, we could be again, some things in the world go full circle.

Personally, I have never had the bare hatred some on here have for anyone or anything.

Even the battles, sympomatic of the time and not confined to one club.

Not all fans are like, that,s ame as not all Latics fans are the same.

I've not really had the blind hatred of Man City, they were the under dog for many a year and maybe that was a certain empathy came from.

What I thought was, we had a mutual loathing of yer average Man United fan.

yes maybe not in the next 5 or 10 years but in the future. everything goes round in a circle.

The thought of ever clashing swords again with the Manchester two might seem like some laudanum inspired dream but you never know. Manchester United are due a financial reckoning one day, who knows how that will end up. Manchester City would go out of business in a heartbeat if the owner decided it wasnt for him, who knows. A very rich man might buy Oldham and take them up one day, unlikely but these things do happen. So, I shall remain in hope.

Also - even if we never play them again it still gives me some kind of interest in the Premier League. There's no way I can support any team in it so the next best thing is to anti-support, it gives me (and lots of others I suspect) a reason to watch it.