How to inflate "attendance" figures

Latics have said that our gates are actual people through the turnstiles

Hardy was talking about this in the Chron a few weeks ago. He definitely said our attendance figures are a true reflection of how many went through the turnstiles.

Latics have said that our gates are actual people through the turnstiles

That's true, I remember now you said it.

It we did the same as Hudds would that make our gates 5,000 +?

And was Corp wrong all along, did thy used to be counted that way?

I usppose we used to give a lot of freebies away too.

Not wanting to open theat debate up, but maybe the drop is not as dramatic as first feared.

I dont understand the club's thinking on this one! I remember them saying a while ago that most clubs report tickets sold and bum's on seats where we only report bums on seats. I assume that by reporting the attendance this way they can appeal to more fans to come as we need the support, but my thinking is the opposite and I think the bigger the crowd, the more encouraged people would be to support us.

Its that thing of not wanting to miss out on something!

Also you wouldnt want to eat in an empty restaurant or drink in an empty boozer would you?.......... same thing!

I dont understand the club's thinking on this one! I remember them saying a while ago that most clubs report tickets sold and bum's on seats where we only report bums on seats. I assume that by reporting the attendance this way they can appeal to more fans to come as we need the support, but my thinking is the opposite and I think the bigger the crowd, the more encouraged people would be to support us.

Also you wouldnt want to eat in an empty restaurant or drink in an empty boozer would you?.......... same thing!

True, but if you put the higher figure, the VAT man probably comes after you, and everyoe maons about the gate being fiddled..!

Andn that the TTA are making huge sums, with barrowfuls of cash.

Better to be truthful, IMHO.

Historically, and correctly in my view, it was the actual attendance that was reported. That's why clubs have "record attendances" rather than "record tickets sold".

Historically, and correctly in my view, it was the actual attendance that was reported. That's why clubs have "record attendances" rather than "record tickets sold".

I understand it fully and also agree with you, however if other clubs are doing it and it makes them look a better option than us in terms of "the matchday experience" we should consider it rather than being different!