match abandoned - merge o matic active

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What a joke!!!!!

I go to rochdale on the basis that the Rochdale officials say the game is 100% on.... Spend loads in the litton tree, walk to the ground and get absoloutly soaked, assured by stewards (not there fault) that the game is 100% on, buy a pie, a pint a and a program in the ground only for the game to be called off by the ref about 5mins into the game(or whatever it was).

and coz i work four weeks out of five lates, its more than likely i wont be able to go to the replay!

Not a happy chappy!!!!!!!!!!!

DOGDALE,,,,, YOUR A JOKE!!!!!!!

Edited by Gaz_Oafc

I think we should, utter disgrace the fact there was no inspection - it was lucky it was a local derby... would of been pished if it was a long away trip

I think we should earn it.

Perhaps we should have given Stoke the LDV tie when the floodlights failed many years ago?

I think we should, utter disgrace the fact there was no inspection - it was lucky it was a local derby... would of been pished if it was a long away trip

what about all the latics fans who have travelled a great distance to get there though...i know of people coming from leeds and coventry to name two...the latter only coming after it was stated on official site the game was definately on!!! do they have just cause to complain to rochdale football club and ask for reimbursement

What a joke!!!!!

I go to rochdale on the basis that the Rochdale officials say the game is 100% on.... Spend loads in the litton tree, walk to the ground and get absoloutly soaked, assured by stewards (not there fault) that the game is 100% on, buy a pie, a pint a and a program in the ground only for the game to be called off by the ref about 5mins into the game(or whatever it was).

and coz i work four weeks out of five lates, its more than likely i wont be able to go to the replay!

Not a happy chappy!!!!!!!!!!!

DOGDALE,,,,, YOUR A JOKE!!!!!!!

How much for your ticket? :wink:

what about all the latics fans who have travelled a great distance to get there though...i know of people coming from leeds and coventry to name two...the latter only coming after it was stated on official site the game was definately on!!! do they have just cause to complain to rochdale football club and ask for reimbursement

I know of two fans who flew in from Frankfurt to watch this game...

This is the thing, Rochfail will profit off this - from the food, drink & any merchandise sold... what do OAFC or Latics fans get? SWEET F.A

For the record i didnt attend but i feel for those who did

With a huge Police bill <_<

Edited by DALE

Does anyone know what the official time of postponement was?

The ball didnt bounce to be fair, but it should have been called off way before it was!

It was obvious rochdale just wanted the money off oldham fans (pies, pints and programs) in the ground before it was called off, as the rain was no worse at the time of postponement than it was at kick off!

Possibly should've been called off before the match started but with a big crowd in you can understand all concerned wanting to give the game a go and see how it went. It was pretty clear from the first few seconds that the game was going to be a farce - and a dangerous one at that - and the correct decision was taken.

If people look beyond their time and wallets and at the safety of the players, they'll see it was the right decision.

And as for the FCUM nonsense...safeguarding the pitch for a TV game is hardly going to be the ref's concern.

Knew it wouldnt last when 10 of our players went into the pre-match huddle and Brill came dashing from his goal to join in only to nearly go flat on his back in a big puddle in the centre circle!!Good atmosphere tonight,looked pretty lively coming out aswell though.