Poor attendence from Rochdale

maybe they dont like getting wet. my dog wont go for a walk if its raining nowadays

Great turnout from Latics as usual

AWFUL turnout from Rochdale. All ticket your avin a laff. Massive club. Ground was half empty. I bet there wern't much more Dale there than Latics tonight

they have never been well supported though have they, they took about 13,000 - 14,000 to wembley which about 30 - 40 % supported someone else.

Yeah but loads were United, City, Latics - I took my boy, I know WardleLatic went etc... and on the coach we were on, there was not one Rochdale fan! :grin:

PS aren't their fans (Dale) the mongiest bunch of throwbacks you have ever seen?

Yeah but loads were United, City, Latics - I took my boy, I know WardleLatic went etc... and on the coach we were on, there was not one Rochdale fan! :grin:

PS aren't their fans (Dale) the mongiest bunch of throwbacks you have ever seen?

I went to Wembley and meet everyone for drinks ......... no way was I ever going in to support another team especially them. Wembley is reserved to watch your own team there, unless it's RL as Yeds are unlikely to ever get there.

It is a shame shows just how small a club they are. Thought they might be getting a few more fans though the gate being promoted for the first time in 41 years.

True but alot of their fans will accept their status as a small club, unlike some of our lot who think we should be building a 25000 seater stadium when we are getting crowds of 4000 :huh:

I went to Wembley and meet everyone for drinks ......... no way was I ever going in to support another team especially them. Wembley is reserved to watch your own team there, unless it's RL as Yeds are unlikely to ever get there.

We went as neutrals, and had a thoroughly enjoyable day, can't scoff at a tenner a ticket!

That was the fullest the home ends have been for ages, if you think that was a poor attendance you should have been at the Dagenham game. It was certainly more full than the Huddersfield game and I would estimate the crowd at around 6,600.

My Dad’s cousin (I know I know; tenuous) is a ‘Dale season ticket holder and has been for like 50 years – and when we saw him after last night’s 8 minutes of a game; he said that’s the busiest it’s been for ages in the home stands – but that there were still loads of seats empty all around him (he sits in the main stand; opposite where we were)

He guessed at the attendance; knowing what he usually sees at homes games as being around 5,700 to 6,000 – with us selling out at 3,200 in that away stand. He certainly though we had more in than they did.

Difficult not to sound too patronising when talking about ‘Dale home attendances; yes they’re low (and lower than ours) and you really should never get beaten by away fan numbers-wise; but ours are no great shakes at present either are they?

Edited by slystallone

My Dad’s cousin (I know I know; tenuous) is a ‘Dale season ticket holder and has been for like 50 years – and when we saw him after last night’s 8 minutes of a game; he said that’s the busiest it’s been for ages in the home stands – but that there were still loads of seats empty all around him (he sits in the main stand; opposite where we were)

He guessed at the attendance; knowing what he usually sees at homes games as being around 5,700 to 6,000 – with us selling out at 3,200 in that away stand. He certainly though we had more in than they did.

Difficult not to sound too patronising when talking about ‘Dale home attendances; yes they’re low (and lower than ours) and you really should never get beaten by away fan numbers-wise; but ours are no great shakes at present either are they?

but like you said better than theirs.

That was the fullest the home ends have been for ages, if you think that was a poor attendance you should have been at the Dagenham game. It was certainly more full than the Huddersfield game and I would estimate the crowd at around 6,600.

I think both clubs are struggling to attract bigger attendances, which is a shame considering both sides are trying to play attractive passing football.

Location wise we've just got too much competition.

I think both clubs are struggling to attract bigger attendances, which is a shame considering both sides are trying to play attractive passing football.

Location wise we've just got too much competition.

ah the competition thing again...

what we have is when we started to slide all those years ago both manchester clubs upped there marketing strategys as to hopefully try to entice fans from a wider net..and they have managed it...

think regarding home attendance then they might have had a few less due to the weather or like has been said, fa cup against fc united...3 games in a week is a lot for most people to pay for these days.

Does anybody know what the official attendance was last night ?? :unsure:

Dales attendance has always been crap. Even when they got promoted last season, i think they only had 5000 their?

Apparently the attendance was more like 7000, (and am sure just over 50% of that was Latics fans)