Will you be going to the game?  

186 members have voted

1. 1. Going to the Match

• Yes Season Ticket Holder
    • No Season Ticket Holder
    • Yes but not a Season Ticket Holder
    • No and I'm not a Season Ticket Holder
    • I wish... but I'm a Exile.

I'll be there on Saturday, but I know of a few who aren't going as they've been forced to find new seats again. There's no point trying to gain new support if the club is constantly disillusioning the fans we already have. It's a shame really, as having Latics fans in the small section could've made for a cracking atmosphere. As it is, it'll be as flat as it was last season, from both sets of fans...

it makes sence for the club to give huddersfield to whole rre, we wouldnt sell the small part of the rre but huddersfield would so more money coming in and less police costs makes it a no brainer !

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it makes sence for the club to give huddersfield to whole rre, we wouldnt sell the small part of the rre but huddersfield would so more money coming in and less police costs makes it a no brainer !

Your comment implies it's a sell-out for the Huddersfield fans which must mean ticket only for the away fans - Do we know that for a fact?

It benefits us in the short term, yes. In the long term, not so much.

I've followed Latics long enough to realise that one poor performance doesnt guarentee that the next one will be just as bad?

As for Huddersfields away following, they took 6000 to Hillsborough on Tuesday, I used to hate the fact they claim to be a massive club because loads of people have jumped on the bandwaggon, but the way our fans have deserted us last season makes us no better so maybe if we got better crowds we wouldnt have to give away half the ground

I've followed Latics long enough to realise that one poor performance doesnt guarentee that the next one will be just as bad?

As for Huddersfields away following, they took 6000 to Hillsborough on Tuesday, I used to hate the fact they claim to be a massive club because loads of people have jumped on the bandwaggon, but the way our fans have deserted us last season makes us no better so maybe if we got better crowds we wouldnt have to give away half the ground

spot on.

That's hardly the fault of the season ticket holders though is it? If I buy a season ticket I expect to be able to sit in the seat I pay for, even, if not especially, for the big games.

That's hardly the fault of the season ticket holders though is it? If I buy a season ticket I expect to be able to sit in the seat I pay for, even, if not especially, for the big games.

then dont buy a season ticket their knowing you will be moved for certain games?

its not rocket science.

then dont buy a season ticket their knowing you will be moved for certain games?

its not rocket science.

That's exactly the point i'm trying to make. People will stop buying season tickets if they know they're going to be moved for every half decent home game.

It's not rocket science.

everyone knows full well that they would be moving, just like we will when sheff wednesday come. the club make it perfectly clear !

what does it matter where your sat in the ground you will still see the same game, just dont have a bunch of little chavs bigging them selfs up behind a policeman !

everyone knows full well that they would be moving, just like we will when sheff wednesday come. the club make it perfectly clear !

what does it matter where your sat in the ground you will still see the same game, just dont have a bunch of little chavs bigging them selfs up behind a policeman !

Quite a bit, obviously. As I said, i'm going to the game, it isn't me not going. But I can see why people, season ticket holders may I add, are choosing not too. The Chaddy End and Main Stand are awful stands. And being moved for every decent home game is pretty annoying...

That's exactly the point i'm trying to make. People will stop buying season tickets if they know they're going to be moved for every half decent home game.

It's not rocket science.

Fans who buy a ST in the RRE can't moan about having to moved because they knew they would be moved for the decent games if the away team would bring over 1,500 fans, and i also said 'season ticket their'

Its not rocket science.

Fans who buy a ST in the RRE can't moan about having to moved because they knew they would be moved for the decent games if the away team would bring over 1,500 fans, and i also said 'season ticket their'

Its not rocket science.

I just don't think it's on that it should be our fans forced to move into the crap stands to accommodate the away fans. Surely the club should put our fans first? Balls to the extra money, we're losing money by constantly disillusioning our own fans...

I just don't think it's on that it should be our fans forced to move into the crap stands to accommodate the away fans. Surely the club should put our fans first? Balls to the extra money, we're losing money by constantly disillusioning our own fans...

It has to be done though.. how many fans have simply stopped going because they have to move about 5 home games a season?

It has to be done though.. how many fans have simply stopped going because they have to move about 5 home games a season?

Quite a few. A lot don't like the idea of being able to sit in their seats against the likes of Brentford and Hartlepool (yawn) but not Huddersfield or Rochdale. And to be fair, I can sympathise with them...

Edited by JonesyOAFC

OK then hand the club over £20 and get the rest of the season ticket holders in the RRE to do so and maybe they might not move you. You get a £20 discount on your season ticket for this very reason, you can't have it both ways.

Unlike some people on here I couldn't care less if they made the RRE the home end and it would make it a better deal for families too.

You knew what the score was before the start of the season, and the season before that, and the season before that...

You've got a very selfish view which wouldn't help the club. We'd all love to be able to sit where we want to but we are in no position to turn extra money away, especially after Saturday's defeat.

Look at the bigger picture not just at your own inconvenience!