• No Season Ticket Holder
    • Yes but not a Season Ticket Holder
    • No and I'm not a Season Ticket Holder
    • I wish... but I'm a Exile.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With the Cup runs now all over, every man and his dog is needed at EVERY home game !

Will you be going?

Gave up my season ticket after last season but still go to every home game and, yes I'll be there on Saturday and as always, hoping for the best but quietly expecting something less.

For anyone contemplating a boycott of this game as a result of today's FA cup defeat, can I ask you to reconsider. If you attended the abandoned Rochdale game then use the re-arranged game as the vehicle for voicing youir disquiet. Instead of getting a replacement ticket, ask for your money back. We don't get any of the receipts from the game so your non-attendance won't hit the club financially and, given 'Dales worst cup performance than ours, I doubt whether there'll be much of a home crowd so the lack of away support shouldn't be a factor either. In any case, a reported 2:1 crowd ratio in our favour today didn't provide the spark for the players any more than it's likely to at Spotland.

If you really care about your club, you will be there on Saturday.

The defeat today may prove very harmful in the medium/ long term I'm afraid

Not for me it wont but for the club generally its a massive opportunity wasted we really are going to struggle to get new fans in unless we have something to capture their imagination thats just what a cup run can give you.

Season ticket holder but gonna be working. Todays result is a shocker and should be a wake up call to Dickov, don't leave out your best players, imagine a loss against Town now,open for stick.

went today,what a joke we should of bin 6 0 down at half time what a piss take,pd wants to sort his head out after today and amit he droped a bollock,going saturday i'm not to sure after watching us getting totally outplayed by a stanley side who have been dicked the last few games,and then to round it off waching hazzel with his finger on his lips telling the oldham fans to button it when they was giving them :censored: after the final whistle,sums the day up a load of w#nk

went today,what a joke we should of bin 6 0 down at half time what a piss take,pd wants to sort his head out after today and amit he droped a bollock,going saturday i'm not to sure after watching us getting totally outplayed by a stanley side who have been dicked the last few games,and then to round it off waching hazzel with his finger on his lips telling the oldham fans to button it when they was giving them :censored: after the final whistle,sums the day up a load of w#nk

why was he playing ? NO

get a grip the players fault 100% ! they came with a mentality that the game would be a stroll in the park and that we would easily be in the second round. they got a nasty shock when they found out they wasnt in for a easy ride, and it took them to be 3-0 down before getting there arses into gear !

so please go on and tell me why he has to sort his head out ?

why was he playing ? NO

get a grip the players fault 100% ! they came with a mentality that the game would be a stroll in the park and that we would easily be in the second round. they got a nasty shock when they found out they wasnt in for a easy ride, and it took them to be 3-0 down before getting there arses into gear !

so please go on and tell me why he has to sort his head out ?

just read the managerial disaster thread...... :wink: say no more

I'll be there as usual, but in the Corporate Box for this one so it'll be messy.

As for those gutted about the result yesterday (and performance) - of which i'm one. I think people need to learn there are no guarantees...it's disappointing yes, but there's no guarantee we'd get through to the third round and even then there's an equal chance of Bournemouth or Swindon away - never a guarantee of a big pay-day. Only BIG third round ties I've ever known us get in 25 years have been Tottenham in '88, Chelsea in '99, City '05 and Everton in '08 - 4 big ties in 25 years. I'm as pissed off as anyone, but people need to realise that Corney probably has little option but to flog players in Jan' no matter what...given the depth of :censored: we're in.

Third round draws

86-87 Bradford (H)

87-88 Spurs (H)

88-89 Charlton (A)

89-90 Brum (A)

90-91 Brentford (H)

91-92 Orient (H)

92-93 Bin Dippers (H)

93-94 Derby (H)

94-95 Reading (A)

95-96 Barnsley (A)

96-97 Barnsley (A)

97-98 Cardiff (A)

98-99 Chelsea (H)

99-00 PNE (A)

00-01 OUT

01-02 Cheltenham (A)

02-03 OUT

03-04 OUT

04-05 CITY (H)

05-06 OUT

06-07 Wolves (A)

07-08 Everton (A)

08-09 OUT

09-10 OUT

10-11OUT

not many glamour ties there is there? Helluva gamble banking on a cup run, anything can happen and as :censored:e as we were we hit the woodwork three-times yesterday and had one disallowed. Fine margins, but like all 72 FL teams we were banking on a cup run and a plum draw - many are usually disappointed.

What I have found particularly disappointing when digesting my facts above is the fact we have only appeared in the 3rd round 4 times in the last 11 seasons - that is shocking!

Edited by oafcprozac

I'll be there on Saturday, but I know of a few who aren't going as they've been forced to find new seats again. There's no point trying to gain new support if the club is constantly disillusioning the fans we already have. It's a shame really, as having Latics fans in the small section could've made for a cracking atmosphere. As it is, it'll be as flat as it was last season, from both sets of fans...