latics v huddersfield

That was the best performance of the season so far can't fault any of the players today they were all excellent. Need abit more killer instinct infront of goal but it would be abit churlish to complain about that today given the opposition who lets not forget have a wage bill that is probably 5 or 6 times larger than our own. This is a team who will give everything and want to fight for one another and that was shown in the group huddle at the end which was great to see.

In other news Risdale was there again today :mmm:

I'm surprised that no one's mentioned Taylor - I thought he played brilliantly today, all our moves seemed to go through him.

every single player had a good game today. lee clark is giving huddersfield too much credit in his interview IMO. when i saw their team and following, i thought it would be a very hard game. but we won every ball and produced the best first half i've seen at BP for a while. great to see so many fans today and i hope people come back because we are 4 points off second with a game in hand. great game, great performance and a great atmosphere.

:scarf001::OASISscarf::OWTB1:

From the htfc website report:

GOAL - Oldham - 23 mins - Oldham scored the first goal of the game when a seemingly harmless ball over the top dropped kindly into the path of Oumare Tounkara, who, with Ian Bennett rushing out of goal and despite the keeper getting a slight touch to the ball as he did, the ball continued to roll for the striker who slotted it into an empty net.

Not the 4 one touch passes that led to the ball being slid through the defence along the ground then. Unfortunately the rest of it is also equally retarded.

Cracking win today and showed we can play both types of football, with an emphatic, flowing, brilliant footballing first half where we ran hudders ragged and a strong defensive performance in the second restricting them to very few real chances. provisionally up to third if we can win our game in hand and no reason why we cant stay there if we can re-produce that every week, although im sure hudds will be disapointed at their showing, way under par from what they've been producing recently.

Brill 7 - Thought he could be in for a busy afternoon but it wasnt the case, starting to think about his distribution a bit more and was relativly safe today

Lee 7 - Doesnt make many mistakes and didnt today, probably should have scored but took an extra touch but he's not a striker

Hazell 8 - Not much got passed him, and showed his leadership well today looks to have a great partnership with m'voto

M'Voto 8 - Doesnt distribute the ball as comfortably as Hazell but makes up for it by being a rock of a defender, another excellent game

Black 7 - Pretty solid, made challenges when he needed to and got forward when he needed to glad he's back in the team

Morias 9 - The midfield spark we've been crying out for, espeically for home games, ran the shw first half and MOM before understanably tiring in the second

Furman 8 - Got about the pitch very well today, good on the ball and combatent without it. Needs to keep this level up

Stephans 7 - Linked play very well 1st half, didnt retain the ball well enough in the second though and a bit in and out with his delivary into the box

Evina 7 - Showed glimses of what he can do, pace to burn but needs to build his confidence a bit, could be a good player for us though

Taylor 7 - Good first half, could have got himself on the score sheet, faded a little in the second half but was starved of much service and kept at it well

Tounkara 7 - Battled well and got his goal, has played better without scoring this season but still our main threat, just needs to be a bit more lethal

All in all an excellent 3 points and should be full of confidence as we go on the road!

maybe a little but with 5 being average everyone is way above that and with 9 being the match winning performance!

as well as we played we should have had the game sewn up at HT so that was behind my thinking, still some things to work on, we only won by 1, if hudds had scored a 94th min header we'd have been cursing at not being more clinical first half.

Think like many others on here i feel more positive coming hme from BP than i have in a long while

Should have finished 6-2 today. 1st half was where it was all at. Breathtaking at times. They just couldn't live with us. Morais, Omar, JVM and Furman (stupid booking apart) were all outstanding. Even the ref had a half decent game, let it flow without the usual flurry of cards that happens all too often these days.

2nd half they had more posession, but didn't really threaten. We again should have scored more and put it to bed.

The only down side was NO F....PIES AT HT. AGAIN!!!!! Sort it out Caterers FFS!!!!

Other than that, happy days. Well done lads!!

Not sure how they deserved 2. I don't remember Brill making a save?

Shame I underestimated Udders' following on the owtb prediction league ...

Interesting stats from todays game

1st half - shots on target = OAFC 7 HTFC 0

full match - shots on target = OAFC 11 HTFC 2

Best performnance for over 2 years today.

Typical owtb - lose to Accrington, what was it 7/8 pages, followed by best performance for well over 2 years and less than 3 pages. Moaners must still be drowning their sorrows in the pub.

Interesting stats from todays game

1st half - shots on target = OAFC 7 HTFC 0

full match - shots on target = OAFC 11 HTFC 2

Best performnance for over 2 years today.

Typical owtb - lose to Accrington, what was it 7/8 pages, followed by best performance for well over 2 years and less than 3 pages. Moaners must still be drowning their sorrows in the pub.

:lol:

Who'd a thunk it...?