Walsall pitch inspection on Friday morning

When a club calls for an inspection the day before a game, it is usually because they know themselves that it is unplayable and want early official confirmation. There is no way that they will be able to announce it as definitely on tomorrow, so the only possible alternatives are that it is definitely off or that a further pitch inspection is scheduled for Saturday. My money is on it being called off tomorrow.

When a club calls for an inspection the day before a game, it is usually because they know themselves that it is unplayable and want early official confirmation. There is no way that they will be able to announce it as definitely on tomorrow, so the only possible alternatives are that it is definitely off or that a further pitch inspection is scheduled for Saturday. My money is on it being called off tomorrow.

Dont home teams have to pay for the away teams transport if it is called off after they've already set off?

Most games in the lower divisions of the football league this weekend will have P-P next to them by 3pm saturday.

Having read the article, those were my thoughts exactly :disappointed:

walsall.png

-4 tonight lets hope the pitch can stand it !

I think -4 is the limit of the covers. A light covering of snow on top may help, but if the frost is already in the ground a temp. of +3 won't make much difference. I don't think there is much chance of this game being played.

Why are they having a pitch inspection at 10 am ??????

The match is played at 3pm so if temperatures are going to be constant over the next 48 hours then surely an inspection should be done at 3pm today.

As it is the prospect is for warmer temperatures on Saturday and leaving it until 12ish on Saturday would be better.

One of our nearest away games so a late postponment wouldn't be that distributive .

Stinks to me that Walsall don't want the match on so have an inspection when the pitch is at its worst.

All shades of Stockport last season :angry:

Edited by losesome

Why are they having a pitch inspection at 10 am ??????

The match is played at 3pm so if temperatures are going to be constant over the next 48 hours then surely an inspection should be done at 3pm today.

As it is the prospect is for warmer temperatures on Saturday and leaving it until 12ish on Saturday would be better.

One of our nearest away games so a late postponment wouldn't be that distributive .

Stinks to me that Walsall don't want the match on so have an inspection when the pitch is at its worst.

All shades of Stockport last season :angry:

The first bit makes a lot of sense. Then we get to 12 ish on Saturday, aside from Diego a lot of Oldham fans who are going will be setting off by then, the team will have done. How do you know the pitch will be at its worse at 10am, it won't get above freezing all day today in Walsall. The temperatures will be better on Saturday, but not by much, 2 degrees above freezing isn't going to thaw the pitch that quickly.

Plus aside from Byfield have they got a load of injuries (Byfield has been out since september), Walsall are looking to have a pitch inspection today because if the decision is going to be the same as it would be tomorrow its better of being made today.