Latics in Lee Talks

If we're in the position to offer out contracts, I wonder where we are regarding offering the management team longer term deals?

Admittedly it's early days in the management career of Dickov and Taggart, but surely if we're looking to keep the likes of Tonk and M'voto for next year, we should be thinking about securing their services too.

Edited by JoeP

and was impressed he took a cut last time

Lee has shown its not all about the money previously aswell - he rejected QPR to come here (they certainly would have offered more than we did) because he wanted to stay in the north-west.. which is good news for us :grin:

If we're in the position to offer out contracts, I wonder where we are regarding offering the management team longer term deals?

Admittedly it's early days in the management career of Dickov and Taggart, but surely if we're looking to keep the likes of Tonk and M'voto for next year, we should be thinking about securing their services too.

Isn't their contracts one year rolling? So it just continues for another year..? Not to sure :unsure:

Isn't their contracts one year rolling? So it just continues for another year..? Not to sure :unsure:

Not sure, either.

Surely that means either the club or PD/GT could bring an end to the agreement at the end of the year? While the players have been fantastic, it's the management team that have been the glue to bring it all together. I would hope there's some guarentee in place that they would be here before we start signing players for next year.

Not sure, either.

Surely that means either the club or PD/GT could bring an end to the agreement at the end of the year? While the players have been fantastic, it's the management team that have been the glue to bring it all together. I would hope there's some guarentee in place that they would be here before we start signing players for next year.

rolling contracts i do believe,so that the club or the gaffer are tied un necessarily to a contract if things go tits up....

most of the players have come here because of the gaffer...the owner isnt daft and if we do manage to get anywhere near playoffs or promotion i fully expect a decent contract offered...

PD and JT are on a one year rolling contract. The definition of a ‘rolling contract’ is; ‘a contract that continues automatically until someone decides to end it’. In our case we should hope that the financial package for PD and JT is an attractive one, for rookies, with improvements to it as it rolls. These improvements may not always be publicised. They have certainly delivered up to now. Like any contract it will be a mine field. Too much should not be read into it in any case. More often than not these days, the law of the jungle applies.

PD and JT are on a one year rolling contract. The definition of a ‘rolling contract’ is; ‘a contract that continues automatically until someone decides to end it’. In our case we should hope that the financial package for PD and JT is an attractive one, for rookies, with improvements to it as it rolls. These improvements may not always be publicised. They have certainly delivered up to now. Like any contract it will be a mine field. Too much should not be read into it in any case. More often than not these days, the law of the jungle applies.

John Terry?

"Red devil begins talks with Latics":

http://www.givemefootball.com/league-one/r...lks-with-latics

Kieran Lee, of course!

The former Manchester United trainee has risen to prominence since being brought into the first team on a regular basis following injuries last season. After signing a new one-year deal before the start of the season, the 22-year-old now looks set to earn a longer-term deal.

"We are talking to Kieran at the moment regarding a new deal," Dickov told the Oldham Chronicle. "Kieran has been absolutely fantastic for us. Not many people realise it, but he actually took a pay cut to stay at the club this season."

I think it means "The former Manchester United trainee has risen to prominence since being brought into the first team on a regular basis following Dave Penneys inability to see a talented young player even it hit him square up the arse"

I think it means "The former Manchester United trainee has risen to prominence since being brought into the first team on a regular basis following Dave Penneys inability to see a talented young player even it hit him square up the arse"

Wasn't it Dave Penney who gave Lee his breakthrough? Last season he made 24 appearances. In contrast the season before where he only made 6.

Think you have your wires crossed with Shez. He signed both Lee and Stephens and didn't want to bother with either. It was Penney who gave them both a real crack of the whip to impress and earn their places in the team. Both are turning out to be good assets for the club. I think Penney earns a bit of credit for that.

Edited by PlayItLivo

Wasn't it Dave Penney who gave Lee his breakthrough? Last season he made 24 appearances. In contrast the season before where he only made 6.

Think you have your wires crossed with Shez. He signed both Lee and Stephens and didn't want to bother with either. It was Penney who gave them both a real crack of the whip to impress and earn their places in the team. Both are turning out to be good assets for the club. I think Penney earns a bit of credit for that.

Probably just let my hate for Penney get in the way ,

that may be true but he only put them in because there was nobody else with all the injuries

I think Penney earns a bit of credit for that.

Injuries.

Penney was desperate and two half-decent players took their chance.

It's actually less than a year since Lee had a pretty poor game as a right back at Hartlepool. I remember saying then "this lad will never make a good full back".

Not quite as inspired as my suggestion to "give Pieterson a bowl" in the last test!

Injuries. In case you forgot, DP put Lee on loan list because he told him he had no future here.

Okay, so if you accept he had an injury crisis on his hands then you accept that he is not mostly to blame for last season and that he did pretty well to keep us up given the injuries we sustained. You can't have it both ways.

Injuries sustained from his training methods. And in fact, the players who helped mostly keep us up were signed by Shez.