Latics in the Sydney Morning Herald

Saying you're from 'near Manchester' when you're speaking to foreigners is ok in my book, but can't stand people from Oldham, Rochdale etc saying their from Mcr - they're not! If anyone in this country asks me where I'm from I say Oldham, and if they don't know where it is they're not worth talking to

Used to really pee me off years ago whenever we got to an away ground we were always greeted with" I told them Oldham" due to a major battery manufacturer using that as their slogan

i thought Geelong were the big/most successful team?

It goes in cycles. Fortunately, the Lions are the most successful side of the modern game with Premierships in 01/02 and 03. They were beaten by Scummy Port Adelaide in 04 when going for an unprecedented 4 in a row. Following that we had West Coast/Sydney in consecutive finals; one each, then Geelong made the next 3 winning two of them and St Kilda made the last two winning none. For that 3 years, Geelong were magnificent. As already mentioned, Collingwood won their first in 20 years last time out. Hopefully it will be at least another 20 before they win it again. ABC: Anyone but Collingwood.

It goes in cycles. Fortunately, the Lions are the most successful side of the modern game with Premierships in 01/02 and 03. They were beaten by Scummy Port Adelaide in 04 when going for an unprecedented 4 in a row. Following that we had West Coast/Sydney in consecutive finals; one each, then Geelong made the next 3 winning two of them and St Kilda made the last two winning none. For that 3 years, Geelong were magnificent. As already mentioned, Collingwood won their first in 20 years last time out. Hopefully it will be at least another 20 before they win it again. ABC: Anyone but Collingwood.

it's an entertaining game Aussie rules

i never have a clue what's going on but enjoy it all the same :unsure:

I live in Cornubia which is basically the halfway point between Brisbane and the Gold Coast. When people ask where I am from, I have an ID crisis and say Oldham.

When they say is that near Manchester? I say no mate, Manchester is a small city near Oldham.

is that near Yatala? One of the best pies I've ever had there, full English in a pie, now if only Latics did that.........

I get suprised by the amount of people who know where Glossop is

Used to really pee me off years ago whenever we got to an away ground we were always greeted with" I told them Oldham" due to a major battery manufacturer using that as their slogan

Over my head mate - something to do with Oldham Batteries ?