Catastrophic result

I won't make a bold statement as I didn't go either thanks to work, but it would appear from the messages I got from friends who went is that we were nowhere up for it like Rochdale were.

The bold statement I will make is that another ex-striker has returned to haunt us. Typical.

Dale weren't up for it. They set out for a 0-0 draw and got the bonus of a smash n' grab away win. The ref was a disgrace, but it was the Hazell horror show that lost this one for us. That and Brill not being able to do the basics right. Think he's been watching La Liga or something over the five week break with the amount of punching he did. Should not have been beaten for the second at that angle either.

Fuming about today.

erm...did we not have all that pressure from the start of the second half for 10 mins,corner after corner throw in after throw in crosses coming in with them penned into there own penalty area????? or was i watching a different game????

we didnt make the pressure count,we needed to score in those instances and im sure rochdale would have crumbled....brill went the right way for pen,but why was we too slow to react....hazells fault for second,pissin about again,he had the ball so why not the simple out of play let players get back,instead of dickin about,losing control and bang....

the ref..well the less said about him the better...total fool,i sincerley hope he gets reported by dickov,some very ludicrous decisions....

big big test now..defence needs shaking up..taylor isnt a striker..midfield is devoid of ideas,kieran lee n aidy white brilliant,but not enough on the game yet again like saturday....

i hope dickov finally realises we need to change things..give fleming a chance and for gods sake get a striker in....

I agree, thought we did ok and deserved to win the game and were punished for 2 mistakes whilst not taking our own chances.

Stats:

Shots on 9-3

Shots off 6-5

Corners 13-3

Dale weren't up for it. They set out for a 0-0 draw and got the bonus of a smash n' grab away win. The ref was a disgrace, but it was the Hazell horror show that lost this one for us. That and Brill not being able to do the basics right. Think he's been watching La Liga or something over the five week break with the amount of punching he did. Should not have been beaten for the second at that angle either.

Fuming about today.

my thoughts exactly

ok, we might have only managed a draw, but to give those goals away like that from a 30 year old pro footballer is just a disgrace.

1st wtf was brill doing flapping at it then hazell doesnt clear and however cheap it was, their guy falls over

2nd was a just appalling, so bad and incompetent its not even funny.

FFS KICK IT OUT OF PLAY!!!!!!! How many times will he have been in that position as a player in the past?

Then again its not at all a shock - Hazell and Brill have always been our :censored:test 2 players and we will always fail to succeed with those two in the team.

Get Macdonald back from his loan spell and put him with trotman, cant be any worse that than useless sack of crap hazell.

Fleming or Gerrard in for Brill please

i hope dickov finally realises we need to change things..give fleming a chance and for gods sake get a striker in....

i want to give brill a chance to prove us all wrong but fleming might do a job aswell.

taylor was pretty poor today and i think he needs a rest for a game or two.

next game i'd start:

brill (one more mistake and fleming should be given a go)

lee hazell/m'voto trotman black

morais stephens furman white

tounkara kelly

evina is decent going forward but black is a better defender, kelly deserves a run and could do well playing off tounkara.

I agree, thought we did ok and deserved to win the game and were punished for 2 mistakes whilst not taking our own chances.

Stats:

Shots on 9-3

Shots off 6-5

Corners 13-3

most of those shots on target were powderpuff, like the one from Taylor that trickled to the keeper.

How many of those corners came one after the other following a defence clearance. Quite a few. Stats are fairly misleading in most games.

I wouldn't call them powder puff - plenty of them were hit with some power, they just kept getting bloody blocked by one of their players !! Frustrating. We were not great today, but definitely the better side. The luck was with Rochdale.