Dean Brill - Why?

Taylors actually looked like being a good player though, Brill has made a few good saves, but he has cost us more points than won us. If you go to punchh the ball, you need to get a good connection and get it far, which Brill didnt do, once he went at it with two fists together, when they could of easily been two open hands catching the ball.

I'll watch it again on the highlights and if I'm wrong then so be it, but, at the time I didn't think he could catch cleanly any of the 3 he punched/tried to punch, without there being TOO much risk of him dropping the ball under pressure/in the ruck. At the time I thought he went for the correct option of punching.

I just think that there is too much of a witch hunt against 1 player on here and as I said previously, if/when Brill does go, the usual suspects will just move onto their next victim, who I think ironically could be Taylor.

Constructive critisism is 1 thing, but this thread is something else.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At the end of the day I want a Keeper who is A/ A steady type and you know what you get from him and the players have confidence but more importantly B/ Catches balls from crosses. So important in my opinion regardless of how many wonderful saves he may or may not make.

Edited by laticsmad

proof there he can could of done a hell of alot better for the second and hazell should of got the ball into the stands.

proof there first one if he was off his arse fast enough he would of got to it !!

Proof there that for the penalty our defenders were even slower than speedboat O'Grady and that for the second Rubes just plain cocked up. Cracking finish from O'Grady albeit a gift.

proof there he can could of done a hell of alot better for the second and hazell should of got the ball into the stands.

proof there first one if he was off his arse fast enough he would of got to it !!

Nope the 2nd was just half-arsed defending by Hazell and a cool finish by COG. Nothing Brill could have done!

I just read your 2nd line :blink: It is pretty difficult to get up quickly when you have just dived full length for a penalty.

brill dives the complete wrong way for the second !! :blink:

I say O'grady's done him. Good attacking play after the woeful back pass. Where's the withc hunt on Rubes for the 2 gifts he's conceded today?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

It's a team game. Not just 1 player. They all make mistakes it's just some on here want to castigate or should that be castrate 1 player only for the result.

Not read the rest of the :censored: ( and indeed there is probably plenty yet, some of it might not be!), BUT at half time, after many mini rants, I heard some doghnut say " Brill has been :censored: today!" WELL FOOK ME!!!!! we are 0-0 he's had very little to do yet the pillock behind was having a go at his kicking.

Here's a fact for you Brill haters/dislikers etc etc.

After 93 minutes he was the only player to get a clear header on goal!!!!!! Yes it went over, but i'd be pretty embarrassed if i were a centre forward!!!!!

Many, many, more players to be critical of today, yet some of you herberts choose the keeper.......

There's NO ALL!!!!

and....................................NO FOOK ALL!!!!!!!!!

Not read the rest of the :censored: ( and indeed there is probably plenty yet, some of it might not be!), BUT at half time, after many mini rants, I heard some doghnut say " Brill has been :censored: today!" WELL FOOK ME!!!!! we are 0-0 he's had very little to do yet the pillock behind was having a go at his kicking.

After 93 minutes he was the only player to get a clear header on goal!!!!!! Yes it went over, but i'd be pretty embarrassed if i were a centre forward!!!!!

Many, many, more players to be critical of today, yet some of you herberts choose the keeper.......

There's NO ALL!!!!

Bloody hell mate get it off your chest why don't you :shock: We get it you like Brill :grin:

There's NO ALL!!!!

Calm down geoffers, back to normality on Saturday!

Taylors actually looked like being a good player though, Brill has made a few good saves, but he has cost us more points than won us. If you go to punchh the ball, you need to get a good connection and get it far, which Brill didnt do, once he went at it with two fists together, when they could of easily been two open hands catching the ball.

He's looking worse!! and after the grandeur of delusion he has painted for over 2 years, then unfortunately our local hero looks nothing better than what he is...... a 3rd division local footballer despised by many away fans!!!

Bloody hell mate get it off your chest why don't you :shock: We get it you like Brill :grin:

:lol: Sorry, I should have made a poignant case for the rest. I am tired though of hearing Dingbats ironically cheering and abusing a guy who frankly is no worse than the dross that protect him week in, week out, yet escape the criticism.

Keepers in general do nowt for me - but i'd have loved a centre midfield and centre half who'd have stood up to the 'fail' in the first half!! Rather than the other way round!!! Gary Jones bullied our lot - and we had nowt to stand up against him 'part from Furman' Good game!!

Criticism is all good.............when it's right!! In Brill's case today....It's Fookin' :censored:e!!!! Put that in a song!!!!!!

"It's a team game. Not just 1 player. They all make mistakes it's just some on here want to castigate or should that be castrate 1 player only for the result. ""

To be fair our fans recent record of castigating one player is pretty impressive. One recent recipitent of their ire was a full back by the name of Neal Eardley. Useless,crap,lazy,doesn't care,not good enough for League 1. Since Eardley has sunk into deserved obscurity no one could deny our experts have been proved correct.

Agree the witch hunt for Brill is ridiculous - he was copping serious abuse from the family section of the Chaddy today even whilst just trying to keep warm in front of the RRE. The lemmings listen and learn.

He'll be broken and forced out sooner or later, which might not be a bad thing for the team, but I still can't help but feel sorry for him. First impressions clearly count! :lol:

6 goals conceded in the last 2 games and not 1 (some may argue 1 at Hartlepool), were down to Brill? why the witchhunt?

As i said Poor, very poor.

Sorry got to disagree with you there pal.

6 goals conceded and I'd say 3 possibly 4 he could of done better with.

2nd at Hartlepool - floated ball into the area keeper shod be coming out for them. Granted defending was abysmal.

3rd at Hartlepool - another floated ball into the box and another catch that should of been made to prevent them from scoring.

1st Dale goal - how many times could he catched the ball ? All this talk about him being under pressure is bull sh!t, don't keepers learn how to catch under pressure ?

Possibly

2nd Dale goal - watch the replay and he dives the complete wrong way !! In those situations keepers should be out at the feet of the forward making himself bigger and harder to beat.

Sorry got to disagree with you there pal.

6 goals conceded and I'd say 3 possibly 4 he could of done better with.

2nd at Hartlepool - floated ball into the area keeper shod be coming out for them. Granted defending was abysmal.

3rd at Hartlepool - another floated ball into the box and another catch that should of been made to prevent them from scoring.

1st Dale goal - how many times could he catched the ball ? All this talk about him being under pressure is bull sh!t, don't keepers learn how to catch under pressure ?

Possibly

2nd Dale goal - watch the replay and he dives the complete wrong way !! In those situations keepers should be out at the feet of the forward making himself bigger and harder to beat.

Peter Schmeichel has retired you know?