Dean Brill - Why?

This might seem like a pointless rant, with not much to back up my argument, but my question is this - How the hell is Dean Brill still playing League One football, let alone getting a regular place in a promotion contending team?? I'd feel more confident if we put Evina in the sticks - I don't know how we stuck with him last season after losing us at least two games single handedly with the inability to keep out shoddy free kicks. This season has been no better - he is indecisive, clumsy, rubber wristed, doesn't know how to talk to his defence - the list could go on. Don't get me wrong, he has made some very good saves that have kept us in games on occasion, but so would most goalkeepers every now and then if allowed to play as many minutes as he has. Surely this should be our priority now the window has opened again???

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I read the topic and the first sentence and concluded you are a moaner.

We have a lot of problems, Brill is no way near the top of the list so sit down and shut up

Edited by cmr

This might seem like a pointless rant, with not much to back up my argument, but my question is this - How the hell is Dean Brill still playing League One football, let alone getting a regular place in a promotion contending team??

Sorry to rain on your parade and be pessimistic, but we are not a promotion contending team.

brill didnt cost us any goals today, not his biggest fan ill admit, but hazell cost us the game, pretty much on his own!!! just typical of oldham fans to give brill stick even when it not warranted.

brill didnt cost us any goals today, not his biggest fan ill admit, but hazell cost us the game, pretty much on his own!!! just typical of oldham fans to give brill stick even when it not warranted.

even the latics player commentators said he was at fault - punching at it 3 times when he should have caught it! if he had caught it or punched it clear then there would be no reason why their attacker was bundled over in the box cos the ball wouldnt be there! thats why he was at fault and has been at fault for most goals conceeded. no one needs to score in open play against us anymore becuase our lot gift them!

it is warrented he was fully at fault he pucnhed the ball instead of bloody catching it !!

Brill can't do right for doing wrong with a lot of people on here! :ranting:

if he could catch a ball then maybe he wouldnt get the stick he does !!.

it is warrented he was fully at fault he pucnhed the ball instead of bloody catching it !!

If I could be arsed going back and ripping all the pro Briil posts then I would, pity there's only one keeper with 10 outfield players, centralised focus= blinkered opinions.

Not to mention the one on one in the first half with O'Grady where he completely bottled it and again chose to punch instead of catching. Our goalkeeping coach is either not doing his job or Brill is not listening.

explain.

Brill had at least 2/3 chances to easily catch it, as in first half, i wouldnt mind him punching it, if he could get some distance on it!!!

Looked as though he should never of been beaten for the second goal either (that was reubens fault) was a tight angle and played it across him.

Anyone have any news on mvoto?

Brill had at least 2/3 chances to easily catch it, as in first half, i wouldnt mind him punching it, if he could get some distance on it!!!

Looked as though he should never of been beaten for the second goal either (that was reubens fault) was a tight angle and played it across him.

Anyone have any news on mvoto?

Serious right ankle according to OS.