Dean Brill - Why?

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just think your view of what the keeper should have saved is very unrealistic and harsh.

I'll leave it at that Lee

So to expect a pro goalkeeper to come out and catch a ball to prevent THREE goals is unrealistic ?

Wow I need my expectations of a pro keeper lowered.

So to expect a pro goalkeeper to come out and catch a ball to prevent THREE goals is unrealistic ?

Wow I need my expectations of a pro keeper lowered.

Maybe instead of coming to catch or punch a ball he should try to head it clear as he has shown that he can clearly get higher with his head than he seems to manage with his outstretched hands!! :lol:

Maybe instead of coming to catch or punch a ball he should try to head it clear as he has shown that he can clearly get higher with his head than he seems to manage with his outstretched hands!! :lol:

:applause1::applause1:

T’was weird how he was able to get higher off the ground, with more spring & a heck of a lot more purpose to head the ball over the bar; than he was able to do when incorrectly deciding to punch during the game. Strange.

I’m personally no witch-hunter..........I just don’t happen to rate him at all, and i’ve not been confident in him between the sticks since he arrived. I wouldn’t actively boo him (or any other latics player for that matter), or try to hound him out of the club – I just simply don’t rate him at all – I think he is a very poor ‘Keeper; who will continue to cost us for as long as he plays for us. I don’t expect Reina, or Cech, or Van Der Sar at our level; what I do expect though is a ‘Keeper who can consistently do the basics with some semblance of competency; which unfortunately Brill can’t.

I’m personally no witch-hunter..........I just don’t happen to rate him at all, and i’ve not been confident in him between the sticks since he arrived. I wouldn’t actively boo him (or any other latics player for that matter), or try to hound him out of the club – I just simply don’t rate him at all – I think he is a very poor ‘Keeper; who will continue to cost us for as long as he plays for us. I don’t expect Reina, or Cech, or Van Der Sar at our level; what I do expect though is a ‘Keeper who can consistently do the basics with some semblance of competency; which unfortunately Brill can’t.

Agreed.

brill has decent shot stopping, but overall is bobbins and dickov knows it..

+1 Brill HAS to be dropped. Its all about competition, Get Fleming between the sticks, we have him in the squad bloody use him! That way Brill might not think hes a deffo starter every week and give him a kick up the ass. He looked crap in the warm up when Gerrard/Fleming was kicking at him

I'll watch it again on the highlights and if I'm wrong then so be it, but, at the time I didn't think he could catch cleanly any of the 3 he punched/tried to punch, without there being TOO much risk of him dropping the ball under pressure/in the ruck. At the time I thought he went for the correct option of punching.

I just think that there is too much of a witch hunt against 1 player on here and as I said previously, if/when Brill does go, the usual suspects will just move onto their next victim, who I think ironically could be Taylor.

Constructive critisism is 1 thing, but this thread is something else.

He could definitely have caught at least 1 of the times, another one would of been 50/50 i think, however in that situation its in the favour of the keeper about 80/20 if not more as if knocked over, gets a free-kick alot easier than a defender would.

proof there he can could of done a hell of alot better for the second and hazell should of got the ball into the stands.

proof there first one if he was off his arse fast enough he would of got to it !!

He should of been up quicker, if you watch, you can see he watches it as it comes to COG while still on his bum

brill dives the complete wrong way for the second !! :blink:

In that situation, its normally right to predict the striker will go to the inside post, however if he stayed on his feet for another second or two, he would of been able to get it

He's looking worse!! and after the grandeur of delusion he has painted for over 2 years, then unfortunately our local hero looks nothing better than what he is...... a 3rd division local footballer despised by many away fans!!!

Which is why i said he looked :grin:

I still can't understand why Fleming isn't playing, or even given a chance. Last time we saw him, it was near on two years ago and I'm pretty sure that (unlike Brill) he might have learned from his faults. The fact is, from what I've seen, Fleming is the best shot stopper at the club - and actually comes for crosses. A defence needs confidence in the keeper and vice versa. Its okay having a go at Hazell, but start from the back, drop Brill.

Not read the rest of the :censored: ( and indeed there is probably plenty yet, some of it might not be!), BUT at half time, after many mini rants, I heard some doghnut say " Brill has been :censored: today!" WELL FOOK ME!!!!! we are 0-0 he's had very little to do yet the pillock behind was having a go at his kicking.

Here's a fact for you Brill haters/dislikers etc etc.

After 93 minutes he was the only player to get a clear header on goal!!!!!! Yes it went over, but i'd be pretty embarrassed if i were a centre forward!!!!!

Many, many, more players to be critical of today, yet some of you herberts choose the keeper.......

There's NO ALL!!!!

and....................................NO FOOK ALL!!!!!!!!!

Were's the " I like this" option.

It was almost as good as the one I heard away at Rochdale when Brill tipped it over the bar. "he should have caught it..."....Chuff me did that fan get my response...