Controversial I know but...................

...I thought we were excellent today, played some great flowing football against a resolute ten man Rochdale defence !!

Our only real issues were the fact we wanted to walk the ball into the net and we gifted them two goals. We used the flanks well, played it through the middle and kept possesion for long periods.

I thought the referee let play go for both sides, there were numerous opportunities for him to blow up for fouls but he let it go and when he did blow, kept his cards in his pocket. Not sure that the red card was that bad but he obviously did, I'm sure the highlights will put the record straight!!

Thoroughly enjoyable derby game just a pity we didn't get the result we deserved :grin:

...I thought we were excellent today, played some great flowing football against a resolute ten man Rochdale defence !!

Our only real issues were the fact we wanted to walk the ball into the net and we gifted them two goals. We used the flanks well, played it through the middle and kept possesion for long periods.

I thought the referee let play go for both sides, there were numerous opportunities for him to blow up for fouls but he let it go and when he did blow, kept his cards in his pocket. Not sure that the red card was that bad but he obviously did, I'm sure the highlights will put the record straight!!

Thoroughly enjoyable derby game just a pity we didn't get the result we deserved :grin:

Our best football came in the first 10 minutes of the second half and the final 7 minutes of the game. Other than that is was pretty woeful....like last season woeful.

i'd say somewhere inbetween the two. we were good in parts, but then let rochdale into the game more.

Are you after a part in deadliest catch?

No controversy here. Just garbage. We were well beat today. Face it

i rarely post here but i thought the second half performance was excellent

oldham produced very little in the first half while dale had lots of the ball in our half

the second saw us in some great positions, having all of the possession and territory but really not testing the dale keeper at all. they produced next to nothing and got very lucky with two very very soft goals

the ref didnt help but i dont think he was as bad as some people are making out

on another day we win this game comfortably, we'll pick up and move on and if we continue to play like that and put teams under that sort of pressure we'll win lots of games between now and the end of the season

Our best football came in the first 10 minutes of the second half and the final 7 minutes of the game. Other than that is was pretty woeful....like last season woeful.

I'm sure when you've had time to calm down and collect your thoughts, you'll see the error of your ways :grin:

I'm guessing a 15 year old who watched from the Chaddy end. We were NOT the best team today. We lost numpty

We were the better team in the 2nd half, no doubt about it. You think I'm 15, why?, Just because I think we were the better team? :lol:

And the least enjoyable game of the season. Fact

I'd agree with this- it wasn't how we played, that we lost, or how bad the ref was. We were playing Dale = Must NOT Loose. We lost, Dale could go down, we could go up (perhaps not any more) but Dale have the bragging rights.

(Incidentally I know a few Poolites and would much rather we lost to them and lost worse than we did than loose to Dale).

I'd say today was massively frustrating. The first half was a non-event with poor refereeing, the second half was lively with diabolical refereeing.

We should have been ready for Dale's smash and grab - we weren't.

Bad defending for both goals. For the penalty, Brill should have caught it and we shouldn't have allowed them another shot from the penalty rebound. Roobs just messed up for the second.

A half competent referee would have given us at least one penalty for handball at 2-1.

It seemed a bit daft lumping the ball up to Taylor in the first half, who was up against two brick sh*thouse defenders. If we'd have kept it on the floor, we would have caused them more problems.

An opportunity missed to get the 5,000+ Latics fans there today back on a regular basis.

Edited by JoeP