Controversial I know but...................

Just one of those days, we seemed very slow on the ball today and apart from Aidy White nobody seemed to run at a Rochdale team that looked very poor to me.

It would be easy to blame Hazell completely but I thought he was on top of O'Grady for most of the game until he decided to pass the ball to him, didn't see the penalty so can't comment on that.

There is no way that we was 'well beat' today. We were the better team today but due to some stupid defending and a crap ref we lost.

I think when all the emotion has died down and people take an honest view of the game, the only conclusion can be that Rochdale played their game better than we played ours.

Admittedly, it did co-incide with a very poor referee who seemed out of his depth but nonetheless, we have to accept that the refereeing decisions didn't cause our downfall - we did. We seemed to forget that it was a local derby when form and reputations take second place to pride & passion - something completely missing from our game until the last few minutes.

Derby games don't always go according to the script and Hazell's attempt at last-man dribbling cost us dearly - row Z of the Broadway stand (if we had one) should have been the destination for his clearance rather than try to prove he's of Ronaldo class.

Still....... not yet relegation form.... is it?

We were on top for the vast majority of the 2nd half today.

I can't help but feel that Dickov made a tactical blunder in this game and the Hartlepool game by moving a defender up front when the opposition had scored a goal against the run of play. In both instances this decision was a contributing factor to us conceding another goal.

If we'd stuck with things as they were there was a real chance we could have evened the matches up without gifting the opposition a greater lead.

I think when all the emotion has died down and people take an honest view of the game, the only conclusion can be that Rochdale played their game better than we played ours.

Admittedly, it did co-incide with a very poor referee who seemed out of his depth but nonetheless, we have to accept that the refereeing decisions didn't cause our downfall - we did. We seemed to forget that it was a local derby when form and reputations take second place to pride & passion - something completely missing from our game until the last few minutes.

Derby games don't always go according to the script and Hazell's attempt at last-man dribbling cost us dearly - row Z of the Broadway stand (if we had one) should have been the destination for his clearance rather than try to prove he's of Ronaldo class.

Still....... not yet relegation form.... is it?

i agree with most of that,however i dont think dale did play better actually...think apart from the pen and ogradys screamer brill had 1 shot to save whole second half...

if we had scored in the opening 10 mins of second half they would have caved in.....

i can accept losing,i can accept losing to local rivals..what i cant accept is piss poor defending from our captain,not lumping it out of play and getting rid.dale capitolised on our mistakes...they didnt play better....

the ref...to say i dont think he was as bad as people are making out is a cop out..he was piss poor,no consistency...why book trotman for not retreating from a goal kick,he doesnt have to retreat...then ryan brooke does it and ref says nowt... there players takin ours out then our player gets up wins the ball back and bang,yellow card for a foul...joke...if he blows like for like then fair enough,but he was so one sided it was untrue...id love to see the assessors report on this game

i agree with most of that,however i dont think dale did play better actually...think apart from the pen and ogradys screamer brill had 1 shot to save whole second half...

My comment wasn't that they played better than us - just that they played THEIR game (defend in numbers, hustle and break ) better than we played ours (slow build up, trying to pick out the perfect pass, walk the ball into the net etc.).

Result was they scored two goals from their limited chances whereas we could only manage one from a far greater number of attacking opportunities.

stop being dramatic

So today wasn't woeful then? And today's performance doesn't rank with some of last season's home performances?

no he was so shocking to be honest he should not be allowed to ref again.

And you're calling me dramatic.

Ref having shít game, losing fans angered, shocker.

We were the better team in the 2nd half, no doubt about it. You think I'm 15, why?, Just because I think we were the better team? :lol:

If the definition of the 'better team' is the side that had more shots on target (9 to 3), more corners (13 to 3) then we were definitely the better team.

However... we demonstrated the old failings - not clinical enough in front of goal and too hesitant at the back. Hazell had two lapses which ultimately cost us the game and the chances we had (Stephens first half, White, Brooke, Brill second half should have been put away).

Ultimately the better team is the one which takes it's chances and defends well - I lost count of the number of times a Rochdale defender blocked a shot or cross and when O'Grady had his two chances, they were dispatched with aplomb.

We did not play badly - we just failed to do the right things again - there is great talent in the team but also great inconsistency.

As we all know, there are three positions that need sorting out - a striker, a defender, a goalkeeper - compounded by the injuries to MVoto and White.

I'll leave it up to PD - (who thought we were excellent yesterday...) but I don't expect any new faces this month - we just need to get more out of the players we have.

Looking forward to Saturday akready... Nice to see Swindon running into form just as they are due at BP :wink:-

So today wasn't woeful then? And today's performance doesn't rank with some of last season's home performances?

And you're calling me dramatic.

Ref having shít game, losing fans angered, shocker.

if you see some of the links of him having regular bad games that shows its not just the

"losing fans angered" its also the winning fans and everyone else !