dale not appealing against red card !

I just confuse myself at the best of times :lol:

Basically.. At the match it looked a nothing challenge..

Looking back at the replay seems worse but still only a yellow max i think.. if that helped?

Yeah, no probs.

In my world (didn't make the game, TV view) it's a yellow but with the rules as they are it looks like the ref has applied them correctly with a red.

Edited by opinions4u

serious foul play (includes any use of excessive force or brutality against an opponent when challenging for the ball. Examples include a dangerous slide tackle from behind, or an "over the top tackle" in which a player raises his foot so the cleats could hit a player, or a two footed tackle that takes down the opponent. FIFA has broadened this definition by saying that "Any player who lunges at an opponent in challenging for the ball from the front, from the side or from behind using one or both legs, with excessive force and endangering the safety of an opponent is guilty of serious foul play. For current rules visit www.fifa.com, Laws of the Game. The above quote is from Questions and Answers, Additional Instructions for Referees). The rules now include "Decision 4", which says: "A tackle, which endangers the safety of an opponent, must be sanctioned as serious foul play".
Edited by opinions4u

I would have to disagree with most on here. Stonewall straight red card in my opinion. Went in for the tackle/wreckless lunge very late, and with two feet. Straight through the man, nowhere near the ball. The referee didn't even hesitate, that red card came out faster than Greg Fleming could ever charge off his line.

I would have to disagree with most on here. Stonewall straight red card in my opinion. Went in for the tackle/wreckless lunge very late, and with two feet. Straight through the man, nowhere near the ball. The referee didn't even hesitate, that red card came out faster than Greg Fleming could ever charge off his line.

Second time he'd done it as well, difference is first-time he won the ball albeit cleaning White out from behind...didn't even give a free-kick. He was frighteningly inconsistent!