Good Win Today

Well, if they are exiles like myself, who were at the game on Monday because they were back for the Bank Holiday and can't get to Boundary Park for every home game due to distance, then yes.

If they just can't be @rsed going to the less "glamerous" games, then no, probably not......

Or maybe some have choose the Southampton match to use up the last of the disposable. Or some may have used this weeks last disposable on Rochdale. Then some might just not be arsed.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Or maybe some have choose the Southampton match to use up the last of the disposable. Or some may have used this weeks last disposable on Rochdale. Then some might just not be arsed.

3 home games in 8 days is alot of money if you're not a ST holder. 2 home games in 8 days is alot of money for some. Even more so given there's been no payday since the financially crippling christmas period. People pick and choose and out of those three (dale, swindon, southampton) more often than not people would opt to give Swindon a miss.

3 home games in 8 days is alot of money if you're not a ST holder. 2 home games in 8 days is alot of money for some. Even more so given there's been no payday since the financially crippling christmas period. People pick and choose and out of those three (dale, swindon, southampton) more often than not people would opt to give Swindon a miss.

Quite right. I'm not and have paid £20 for Dale and then went and got advance tickets for Swindon and Saints, so £54 in total over the course of a week. With more home games to come before the months out. Had it been March I'd have chosen to miss a couple (probably Swindon) but as it is I got a decent payday on New years Eve fior DJing.

Definitely a cost factor in most peoples minds. With so many home games the club should be providing incentives to buy tickets for all of them. Something like "January Bonanza - Attend all home games in Jan and get into one free" or something.

Quite right. I'm not and have paid £20 for Dale and then went and got advance tickets for Swindon and Saints, so £54 in total over the course of a week. With more home games to come before the months out. Had it been March I'd have chosen to miss a couple (probably Swindon) but as it is I got a decent payday on New years Eve fior DJing.

Definitely a cost factor in most peoples minds. With so many home games the club should be providing incentives to buy tickets for all of them. Something like "January Bonanza - Attend all home games in Jan and get into one free" or something.

This would have been a good idea, but i could understand ST holders maybe frowning on it.

This would have been a good idea, but i could understand ST holders maybe frowning on it.

see this is the point i dont get....season ticket holders moaning..why???? i used to be a season ticket holder,and i didnt and dont mind the club doing offers,my view is i have paid for all my games in advance and got a good discount....

see this is the point i dont get....season ticket holders moaning..why???? i used to be a season ticket holder,and i didnt and dont mind the club doing offers,my view is i have paid for all my games in advance and got a good discount....

I agree entirely, but we do have some fans who ( how shall we say? ) are not averse to a little whinge.

I've been both ST holder and pay on the door recently, and it doesn't bother me at all.....the more fans the merrier.

+4

Really? I thought we were pretty comfy all day and despite their possession, they created little. Don't know whether or not Dickov told them to sit back and hit them on the counter, but we did it pretty comfortably I thought. Not great to watch, especially at home, but I'd take this performance and this result over the opposite against Dale.

Trotters was immense, as was Hazell after last week. Black was as good as I've seen him and Morais was awesome. On the negative side, I thought Stephens was poor. Slowed the counter attack game down, and often chose the wrong option. The midfield was a bit of a non-entity today.

Good to get back to winning ways though, especially against a bogey side.

Well done boys.

Agree almost 100% with all the post. More or less Exactly as I saw it yesterday...apart from this

Trotters was immense

I'd have said 'comfortably solid' - for me, immense is over-egging it........but other than that, pretty much with all the rest.

Great win & decent performance.

Unfortunately some moaning gits would and it really pisses me off. i can only speak for myself but i get a season ticket because i'm lucky enough that i can afford to and i want to support the club by making that commitment to go to every game in advance, not because i've worked out out how much it'll cost per game and offset that against what offers the club might potentially offer during the season. Is the club taking any money out of your pocket to pay for ticket offers? No. Will bringing in more fans benefit you by creating a better atmosphere, making for a better day out? Yes. Will it benefit the club you clearly care enough about to spend hundreds of pounds supporting? Yes. So stop complaining.

Unfortunately some moaning gits would and it really pisses me off. i can only speak for myself but i get a season ticket because i'm lucky enough that i can afford to and i want to support the club by making that commitment to go to every game in advance, not because i've worked out out how much it'll cost per game and offset that against what offers the club might potentially offer during the season. Is the club taking any money out of your pocket to pay for ticket offers? No. Will bringing in more fans benefit you by creating a better atmosphere, making for a better day out? Yes. Will it benefit the club you clearly care enough about to spend hundreds of pounds supporting? Yes. So stop complaining.

+1.

ST holders also get first choice seats for FA cup games, any play-off games etc, and discounts in the club shop..

With the discount already on the ticket, (works out £13/£14 a home game for adults i think??) guarenteed entry etc.. need to stop moaning and back the club, even if they do the odd offer to try and get some fans in

ST holders also get first choice seats for FA cup games, any play-off games etc, and discounts in the club shop..

With the discount already on the ticket, (works out £13/£14 a home game for adults i think??) guarenteed entry etc.. need to stop moaning and back the club, even if they do the odd offer to try and get some fans in

I've been a season ticket holder for longer than I care to remember and couldn't give a toss if the club offered cheap pay on the day deals.

We need fans through the gate and I was happy to pay the price I did for mine in the summer.

From what I have read on this thread, other ST holders feel the same way.

I thought the result was more important than the performance on Saturday, we needed a win after the previous 2 results and the win was all essential.

Swindon are a very decent outfit and pass the ball well and create chances for one of the best strikers in the division in Austin.

I thought we played better against Rochdale but individual mistakes cost us the game.

Swindon will feel unlucky not to have got a point as they controlled the game for periods and put us under considerable pressure, a good save and the post prevented them scoring or it might have been a different result.

I'll take the win and the 3 points after what was not our best performance of the season.

I'm a season ticket holder too and if we get more bums on seats through offers which brings more money into the club it means we can spend on players/wages which in turn improves the value of my initial ST outlay. It's a win win really.

Obviously as long as the cheapskate part-timers don't try and sit in my seat. :ranting:

I've been a season ticket holder for longer than I care to remember and couldn't give a toss if the club offered cheap pay on the day deals.

We need fans through the gate and I was happy to pay the price I did for mine in the summer.

From what I have read on this thread, other ST holders feel the same way.

I'm another season ticket holder and I completely agree

Not our best performance but still got the win, the teams at the top are the ones who win when playing below par.

Results like those on Saturday and at Dagenham are the results that make all the difference. I'll take an indifferent performance every week if it means getting the win (unless it os like the Stockport away performance which felt like a loss).