Who would you play up front......

Personally i would start with Brooke and Feeney cos at the moment our "wrecking ball" is more like a toffee hammer and in pre season Brooke looked very tasty indeed and P.D. must see something in Feeney so lets see how it goes over a few games , and if it works in kicking Tonks asse he might be a great sub to bring on ........Worth a try ??

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've just been thinking about this and I too came to the conclusion that our current pairing isn't quite firing, yes Taylor scored a corker the other and day and Tonks nearly bagged on Tuesday but a bit of a freshen up is needed as we have become very predictable.

Brooke and Feeney has a lot of mileage in it, Feeney is experienced and Brooke can learn from him, he has a raw talent that can be developed. I'd stick those two upfront for the next 5-10 games, if it clearly isn't working after 5 maybe have a rethink, it will take time for it to work and will not happen overnight but I'm optimistic.

I've just been thinking about this and I too came to the conclusion that our current pairing isn't quite firing, yes Taylor scored a corker the other and day and Tonks nearly bagged on Tuesday but a bit of a freshen up is needed as we have become very predictable.

Brooke and Feeney has a lot of mileage in it, Feeney is experienced and Brooke can learn from him, he has a raw talent that can be developed. I'd stick those two upfront for the next 5-10 games, if it clearly isn't working after 5 maybe have a rethink, it will take time for it to work and will not happen overnight but I'm optimistic.

To be honest it cant do any harm. I mean we havent been scoring much as it is recently, so experimenting with Brooke and Feeney might be worth it. It could prove to be a master stroke and get taylor back on the wing.

who beleives we play 4-4-2?

Dickov plays players where they are because they can interchange positions and formations throughout the game Sheridan and Talbot tried this at times too, it's an aspect of the modern game which I don't think many people have picked up on yet but thats the way I think Dickov wants us to play, with Tounkare acting as the most forward player with Taylor, Morais and one other interchanging positions lining up as:

Amos

Lee, Hazell, Trotman, Evina

Furman, Stephens

Morais, Taylor, White

Tounkare

but switching between, 4-4-2 and 4-3-3

Edited by Tommy_Fent

Amos

Holdsworth Hazell Trotters Black

Lee Furman Jones

Morais Taylor

Brooke

Stephens & Tonk need a rest. Just cant see feeney doing anything, Also allows us to control the midfield more with either Lee, Furman or Jones sitting infront of Hazell of Trotters when attacking as Holdsworth and Black will be further up the pitch acting like wingers when attacking, with morais and taylor making it into a front 3, with 2 of the 3 CM's pushing up the pitch

Amos

Holdsworth Hazell Trotters Black

Lee Furman Jones

Morais Taylor

Brooke

Stephens & Tonk need a rest. Just cant see feeney doing anything, Also allows us to control the midfield more with either Lee, Furman or Jones sitting infront of Hazell of Trotters when attacking as Holdsworth and Black will be further up the pitch acting like wingers when attacking, with morais and taylor making it into a front 3, with 2 of the 3 CM's pushing up the pitch

A rest as in drop them?.........they can't be knackered they have just had 5 weeks off!!

I do agree with you though, they are short of confidence and need to find it with a stint in the reserves.

A rest as in drop them?.........they can't be knackered they have just had 5 weeks off!!

I do agree with you though, they are short of confidence and need to find it with a stint in the reserves.

I mean rest for Tonk, he has given everything, and recently recieved little support, and has had to do all the physical battles more than usual recently with the long ball up more often, and been pushed around by some quality experienced centre backs. Just to give him a rest for a few games (but have him on the bench!!!!). Stephens, more to show that he isnt guarenteed a place, and hopefully get him to up his game back to how it was at the start of the season.

I mean rest for Tonk, he has given everything, and recently recieved little support, and has had to do all the physical battles more than usual recently with the long ball up more often, and been pushed around by some quality experienced centre backs. Just to give him a rest for a few games (but have him on the bench!!!!). Stephens, more to show that he isnt guarenteed a place, and hopefully get him to up his game back to how it was at the start of the season.

Agree about Stephens Rob , but i think Tonk also needs to know he,s not guaranteed to start every week.Lets face it were not going up and would rather use the next 5 to 10 games trying Brooke and possibly Feeney , and with a 9 point gap between us and the drop zone and at least 4 teams much worse than us now is the time to mix things up a little cos at minute its hard to see where the goals are gonna come from..IMHO

for a start Taylor isnt a striker ,

Also I cant believe how old Feeney looked on Tuesday !

Really dont think him or Brooke are the answer sadly

Maybe get Eaves back on loan?

Tonk needs a rest, Brooke & Eaves formed a good partnership in reserves, and caused Boltons defence plenty of problems.. He isnt getting a look in at Bolton - they've only been naming 4 subs recently and he hasn't been included, also gains him some more first team experience and helps us out as he can almost perfectly slot back into the team?

Maybe get Eaves back on loan?

Tonk needs a rest, Brooke & Eaves formed a good partnership in reserves, and caused Boltons defence plenty of problems.. He isnt getting a look in at Bolton - they've only been naming 4 subs recently and he hasn't been included, also gains him some more first team experience and helps us out as he can almost perfectly slot back into the team?

hmm maybe, but surely there is another more experience striker out there who is avaible for loan ,

Kevin Phillips? :lol:

Infact I wish Dickov would play himself

Edited by razza699

I'm all for new ideas but Feeney looks disinterested and is clearly not the player he once was (was he ever good anyway?). Brooke is a kid but he is a big lad and looks like he can play a bit. Don't think we can rely on him for the goals we need though.

We need to buy or loan a goal scorer because Tonk isn't the answer.

Yes you defiantly didnt go pre season, Brooke tackle on burnley lb took him , Brooke got taken out by Preston keeper

Just to clear up my original post, I didn't say Brooke wasn't good enough, I just said he wasn't ready to lead a league one attack.