Match parking

Just a word of warning to about parking on the retail park at the bottom of Broadway .

I have parked there this season because you get 3 hours free, however at last match i though the signs were different so i checked them

No time limit now BUT you can't leave the retail park. If you do then you get a fine ?

Noticed they had a guy in the office on the left as you go in , obviously clocking any of those that head up towards the ground.

Be warned .

Edited by losesome

They can't fine you, they aren't the Government.

If they clamp you, you will have to pay a reasonable fee to remove the clamp, so long as they warned you about it. Otherwise, not a thing they can do about it.

I know they can't fine you but at the end of the day it will still cost you money.

Think it was £90 release fee !!!

no gates but i would think they have CCTV clocking people to see if they leave the site.

Can't possibly catch everyone that does it but they will get some ?

They can catch everybody on CCTV, they can't fine a single one of them. Just because they put a sign up saying you will be fined £x, doesn't make it so. Unless they clamp you, anyone trying to enforce parking on private land can get precisely :censored:-all from you.

They can catch everybody on CCTV, they can't fine a single one of them. Just because they put a sign up saying you will be fined £x, doesn't make it so. Unless they clamp you, anyone trying to enforce parking on private land can get precisely :censored:-all from you.

Leeslover ,

I am only pointing out to people that IF you park on the retail park you run the risk of being clamped with a £90 release fee.

Please don't make a court case out of it !!!!!!!

Edited by losesome

Leeslover ,

I am only pointing out to people that IF you park on the retail park you run the risk of being clamped with a £90 release fee.

Just read it - the first post didn't mention clamping.

Assuming they are clamping, good warning.

Leeslover ,

Just wouldn't like to see people paying what they think is a fine when they don't have to! As you say, if you get clamped then they have you, otherwise they can whistle for it.

Options available here:

Just walk the other way to the ground (behind McDonalds and across the roundabout).

Buy a new Hamster from Pets at home and say you were taking it for a walk.

Park in the official carparks and give the club some money

Park on the street and annoy some locals

Sit next to someone who keeps repeating themselves on public transport

ive been busted twice with tickets from these private enforcers , both times written to them explaining that i refuse to pay and asking what happens next , didnt get any response and not a penny left my bank. but if leeslover knows his stuff sounds like i neednt bother with the letters?

Yeah - I work in the exciting and universally popular world of traffic enforcement. :ph34r:

The fundamental reason you need to pay a ticket from the council (if you don't have any luck with representations or appeals etc) is that they can get a warrant of execution and send a bailiff round. All the people managing private sites can do is ask you for the money, so whether you reply or not doesn't make a difference.

Yeah - I work in the exciting and universally popular world of traffic enforcement. :ph34r:

The fundamental reason you need to pay a ticket from the council (if you don't have any luck with representations or appeals etc) is that they can get a warrant of execution and send a bailiff round. All the people managing private sites can do is ask you for the money, so whether you reply or not doesn't make a difference.

haha that qualifies you enough i suppose , bet if you took a tenner from every 60 pound fine you must have prevented a friend/family member from paying, youd be searching for a new local team to support in the caribbean

haha that qualifies you enough i suppose , bet if you took a tenner from every 60 pound fine you must have prevented a friend/family member from paying, youd be searching for a new local team to support in the caribbean

Now you mention it. it is odd how often people give me a call out of the blue when they just happen to have got a ticket :wink:

I can vouch for leeslover's tips - I've probably had more private parking tickets than all of you put together and yet have never paid a penny. It's all part of a running game with a mate as to who can get the most - I therefore go out of my way to add to my already impressive montage.

Incidentally EuroCarParks tend to send a scary chasing letter (duly added to my piece de resistance) but I've never heard a bean from N.C.P, despite circa 40 tickets.

I can vouch for leeslover's tips - I've probably had more private parking tickets than all of you put together and yet have never paid a penny. It's all part of a running game with a mate as to who can get the most - I therefore go out of my way to add to my already impressive montage.

Incidentally EuroCarParks tend to send a scary chasing letter (duly added to my piece de resistance) but I've never heard a bean from N.C.P, despite circa 40 tickets.

http://gutt.co.uk/2010/05/06/don%E2%80%99t...nes-or-tickets/

On Watchdog some time ago they had a Solicitor who was an expert in traffic law who said that private parking fines are near not enforceable as they apply to the driver and not the owner of the car. He did not know of any cases where private companies have been sucessful in sueing a driver as it is so difficult to prove.

Exactly that.

So even though they say by not paying it the fee will increase cos of admin and bla bla bla I just ignore it and there is nothing they can do even though i overstayed the 3hr limit and they have evidence?! This is the company btw btw http://www.parkingeye.co.uk/contact.html

This would just be spiffing news......

Edited by LeylandLatic