Match parking

So even though they say by not paying it the fee will increase cos of admin and bla bla bla I just ignore it and there is nothing they can do even though i overstayed the 3hr limit and they have evidence?! This is the company btw btw http://www.parkingeye.co.uk/contact.html

This would just be spiffing news......

extra beer tokens that you didnt think you had a few hrs ago , it looks like lad..

http://gutt.co.uk/2010/05/06/don%E2%80%99t...nes-or-tickets/

On Watchdog some time ago they had a Solicitor who was an expert in traffic law who said that private parking fines are near not enforceable as they apply to the driver and not the owner of the car. He did not know of any cases where private companies have been sucessful in sueing a driver as it is so difficult to prove.

Aye, I've read up on it myself in the past. Reason being is that when telling family and friends not to pay they don't take "because leeslover said so" as a valid reason.

But as the good word spreads, and clowns like me take bites out of freshly issued tickets from smug, on-looking wardens, I expect the law will be changed and/or clamping will become more common place.

leeslover...

I work at north manchester general hospital and there's a warden (he's actually just a hospital porter who's been asked to patrol the car parks) who's let the 'power' go to his head and issues parking tickets for fun.

does he / the hospital have any rights to pursue them or can they just be ignored?

cheers

leeslover...

I work at north manchester general hospital and there's a warden (he's actually just a hospital porter who's been asked to patrol the car parks) who's let the 'power' go to his head and issues parking tickets for fun.

does he / the hospital have any rights to pursue them or can they just be ignored?

cheers

Can be ignored. As per all of the above, if they don't put a clamp on you, you can drive away and ignore the notice.

Do they have an issue with parking over there? Heard the kids get their buzz from driving quickly and dangerously.

Sounds like fun but I'll stick with the meths.

The do drive like loons over there, you can be going down the highway and expect to get overtaken by Dick Dastardly and the Ant Hill Mob. They also park 4 abreast and in the middle of the road, or they did until people started giving tickets out... People leave the keys in their Ferraris etc so that you can move it if you are blocking them in.

Aye, I've read up on it myself in the past. Reason being is that when telling family and friends not to pay they don't take "because leeslover said so" as a valid reason.

But as the good word spreads, and clowns like me take bites out of freshly issued tickets from smug, on-looking wardens, I expect the law will be changed and/or clamping will become more common place.

Not really my area of expertise but I would doubt it. Such a change in the law would be massively unpopular at the same time as not getting any revenue for any branch of the Government.

So even though they say by not paying it the fee will increase cos of admin and bla bla bla I just ignore it and there is nothing they can do even though i overstayed the 3hr limit and they have evidence?! This is the company btw btw http://www.parkingeye.co.uk/contact.html

Spiff away. The can make you pay precisely sod all of the, "fine," so it's not a major concern if they increase the amount that you don't have to pay :wink:

Options available here:

Just walk the other way to the ground (behind McDonalds and across the roundabout).

Buy a new Hamster from Pets at home and say you were taking it for a walk. Park in the official carparks and give the club some money

Park on the street and annoy some locals

Sit next to someone who keeps repeating themselves on public transport

:grin:

leeslover...

cheers

I heard of my Dad that the head porter at NMGH deliberately parked in certain spaces to stop others parking there (and could easily move his car). Some of the no parking areas at NMGH are there for specific reasons. If its any good to you the postgrad car park tends to be quiet (but that might be at the wrong end of the hospital).

Why not just help the club out and pay to go on the car park. More convenient and less walking.

Car park fee is far less than others you visit.

Barry

Fair point Barry but in the past when the car park was busy it was a real pain to get away after the match. Is there any way in which vehicles can be "marshalled" onto Broadway

Jan

I was actually involved in the design and manufacture of the units for parking eye. I can let you into a little secret into how to "shut down" the unit once it catches you. All you have to do is........

SMASH IT TO F*@$ING PIECES WITH A MASSIVE HAMMER.

On a more serious note, just dont pay them, thats what they did with us when we sent them the invoices for the work. Complete crap company run by a first class cockerel1.jpg

Why not just help the club out and pay to go on the car park. More convenient and less walking.

Car park fee is far less than others you visit.

Barry

1.) Can you get from the car park to the main stand without treking behind the away end (especially with the slope)?

2.) Even if you can the distance between the car park and where you can get into the main stand upper is not that much farther (if any) from the Clayton Green.

3.) The Clayton Green has only just started charging people to use its car park (again). You pay £5 and get £5 off in the pub (less than 2 pints, and less than 1 pint, 1 coke (large) and a packet of crisps).

4.) Its quicker to get out of the Clayton Green than the car park (especially if someone is blocking you in).

5.) Its also quicker to get to from the motorway as you don't have to queue on the slip road as much, less traffic lights, no right hand turns across a dual-carriageway and less queue at the car park entrance.

The car I was in used to use the official car parks 100% of the time, but ever since they put the barriers up and don't take them down after the game we hardly use it (the last time was when I was on 2 crutches, parking in the disabled section, and going in the disabled section of the Chaddy). Factor in the brand new building site, the absence of the Lookers etc. and no wonder the car park gets used less. Now the Clayton Green has started charging again I am more likely to use the official car park if my Dad isn't coming but that's once or twice a season max.

When you get the ticket it has the magic word PCN on it, now for the difference, PCN has 2 wordings, if it is Penalty Charge Notice then you will have to pay as this is enforceable, usually council or Police issued. Now for the other worthless piece of paper, It will say Parking Charge Notice and there is the difference. Because it is a free car park what can they actually claim a loss on for you parking there ? this is where court cases trying to enforce this has failed and they know this.

Parking eye who do B&Q will send you the so called fine offering a redution if you pay early, after this a picture of your car entering and leaving will be sent(picture wouldn`t identify owner in a court of law), next up is the threatening letter with a nice official police looking enforcement threat than usually last warning in red lettering (this really scares you) 12 months later and not a peep so don`t be bullied into paying up. I`m sure LL could add to or amend if I got anything wrong.

Does this not constitute a breach of our rights under the DPA?

I'm assuming people receive letters relating to unpaid parking 'fines' based on the information held by the DVLA from whom the parking company get the car owner details. No doubt, that's a nice little earner for the DVLA but whilst it's probably a perfectly legitimate business transaction, it doesn't seem to be morally right.

Does this not constitute a breach of our rights under the DPA?

I'm assuming people receive letters relating to unpaid parking 'fines' based on the information held by the DVLA from whom the parking company get the car owner details. No doubt, that's a nice little earner for the DVLA but whilst it's probably a perfectly legitimate business transaction, it doesn't seem to be morally right.

They pay the DVLA £4.50 a time I believe, like you say not morally right really.