After latest OMBC cock up - is promotion now essential........?

.............for us to stay in business? (failing someone buying us)

Does anyone know what the minimum average attendance would be for us to break even?

I think we'd average between 6 and 8,000 in the Championship with some of the big away followings and some stayaways coming back

If you add the extra TV money to this and extra prize money would this make us a viable going concern in a 3 sided 9k capacity ground?

Does anyone know what the minimum average attendance would be for us to break even?

I think we'd average between 6 and 8,000 in the Championship with some of the big away followings and some stayaways coming back

If you add the extra TV money to this and extra prize money would this make us a viable going concern in a 3 sided 9k capacity ground?

Promotion is worth about £4million in TV money alone I believe - MASSIVE!

With the players wanting Championship wages, I still can't see how it would be viable. :disappointed:

The only viable future is to have income 364 days a year from non-football sources.

it would make for one hell of a team talk though :grin:

Dickov: "This club dies if we don't turn around this 3-0 deficit in the second half, now I don't know about you, but I'm not ready to let this club go to it's death after how far we've come, especially not to a team who shouldn't even be in existence. Now let's get out there and hit these guys hard. Tounkara, you're a wrecking machine, Furman, you're gonna eat lighting and you're gonna crap thunder. COMEE ONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!"

The inspiration for the movie Paulie and the Galactdickov's starring Gerard Butler as Paul Dickov, Michael Clarke Duncan as Oumare Tounkara and Chris Hall as Reuben Reid.

Edited by PlayItLivo

Dickov: "This club dies if we don't turn around this 3-0 deficit in the second half, now I don't know about you, but I'm not ready to let this club go to it's death after how far we've come, especially not to a team who shouldn't even be in existence. Now let's get out there and hit these guys hard. Tounkara, you're a wrecking machine, Furman, you're gonna eat lighting and you're gonna crap thunder. COMEE ONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!"

The inspiration for the movie Paulie and the Galactdickov's starring Gerard Butler as Paul Dickov, Michael Clarke Duncan as Oumare Tounkara and Chris Hall as Reuben Reid.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

promotion is always what a club is trying to achieve anyway....so i do not think it is essential to staying in buisness.....although it is highly desireable

if we go up,then im pretty sure we would see an upturn of a few thousand coming back....and also the away followings will increase so i think break even figures would be achievable...

yes wages would rise as in any form of life,but the owners are pretty clued up and wouldnt let it dictate to bankrupt us in the process...add in the extra tv money..possible cup runs sale of ex players and i would say we would be fine....

what i am more interested in now,is how to move things forward regards stadium....and if naybe a revised scheme to do something at bp would be worth while...

lets not forget corney n co purchased ba's lancaster club and its grounds on the strengh of building a new ground.....i would say the new ground is still viable..but maybe have to concentrate more on corporate things and cinemas n bowling alleys rather than making lots of football pitches and 5 a side things for the borough....look after number 1 first now....

promotion is always what a club is trying to achieve anyway....so i do not think it is essential to staying in buisness.....although it is highly desireable

if we go up,then im pretty sure we would see an upturn of a few thousand coming back....and also the away followings will increase so i think break even figures would be achievable...

yes wages would rise as in any form of life,but the owners are pretty clued up and wouldnt let it dictate to bankrupt us in the process...add in the extra tv money..possible cup runs sale of ex players and i would say we would be fine....

what i am more interested in now,is how to move things forward regards stadium....and if naybe a revised scheme to do something at bp would be worth while...

lets not forget corney n co purchased ba's lancaster club and its grounds on the strengh of building a new ground.....i would say the new ground is still viable..but maybe have to concentrate more on corporate things and cinemas n bowling alleys rather than making lots of football pitches and 5 a side things for the borough....look after number 1 first now....

I agree, 30 acres is not necesary and I'm sure a site half that size or even less could be found in Oldham which will suffice.

Edited by BP1960