Where do we go from here?

What do we do now?  

186 members have voted

1. 1. Which would be best suited to take the club forward?

• Continue with Failsworth plans for now
    • Look for yet another site within the town
    • Re-Develop Boundary Park (If Possible)
    • Move out of the town for good

When need more revenue coming into the club on non match days. The failsworth idea is a good idea because the revenue would come in from all the extra options available to the public. We don't have the space at bp to bring in the revenue we need.

We had the space for everything we need including additional income streams two years ago when redeveloping BP was Plan A. What's changed? (Apart from the value of the land around the ground).

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i don't get why people want to move oldham out of oldham, it's in the title. it was only two days ago that people were still against moving to failsworth.

i know the council have done :censored: all for us recently and there's no reason why we should trust them again but we should let SC see what he can do before we all start 5-page threads about how we should move to ashton and share their ground

The only remotely valid reason I've ever seen for taking the redevelopment of BP off the agenda altogether has been the financial hole left in the plans by the property crash and recession - both temporary financial conditions.

I'm not sure why people think not having money is a small problem when it comes to funding a capital project.

A highly incompetent individual who lost his job over the affair. Allowing Miller to walk free at all, let alone with any compensation, was in itself utterly criminal.

You never know, Vance might offer to take over the club and redevelop BP. :wink:

Edited by BP1960

I'm not sure why people think not having money is a small problem when it comes to funding a capital project.

:lol:

You're mistaking me for a Labour supporter...

The funding gap is not a small problem, but as far as I can see, since Blitz and Gazaal have pulled out there'd be a funding gap in any project, including Failsworth.

What I still can't quite fathom is how the value of the whole BP site can still magically cover the cost of building a brand new stadium elsewhere while the value of the land we own around the ground took such a huge drop in the recession that redeveloping BP is no longer viable. What's so special about the plot the ground actually sits on? Is there a secret door to a diamond mine under the pitch?

The figures simply do not make sense.

Edited by garcon

:lol:

You're mistaking me for a Labour supporter...

The funding gap is not a small problem, but as far as I can see, since Blitz and Gazaal have pulled out there'd be a funding gap in any project, including Failsworth.

What I still can't quite fathom is how the value of the whole BP site can still magically cover the cost of building a brand new stadium elsewhere while the value of the land we own around the ground took such a huge drop in the recession that redeveloping BP is no longer viable. What's so special about the plot the ground actually sits on? Is there a secret door to a diamond mine under the pitch?

The figures simply do not make sense.

I am not sure I follow you, but I work it out that all the land has gone down so the variance remains the same.