Who's Against a Permanent Move Out of Oldham?

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was for the Failsworth move because I felt it was part of the borough of Oldham, but I do think that the beauty of supporting a club like Latics is the community that comes with it, and I understand that to a lot of people taking the club out of the borough will sever ties with that community

however, if we were to make a tempory move out of the borough the message will no doubt cross to other Football fans and other people across the country about the imcompetance of OMBC

Edited by Tommy_Fent

Have they? They have done nothing since moving. They were a third division club when they left Wimbledon, and they are a third division club now.

nothing ?

oh so just a promotion a play off and a trip to wembley in the JPT is nothing, id snap someones hand off if they offered me that for latics under the circumstances that we moved !

Yup... THis one certainly polarises peoples view points...

I am not surprised many fans have given up on "Oldham" though...

Me either. I do understand the gripe against Oldham, it's a cesspool of failure getting worse by the minute run by an incompetant council.

but just because we have an incompetant council doesn't mean we should abandon the town the club is from. Oldham is not the council and the council should not be used as an excuse to leave.

One question that has not been answered yet though, is what is stopping Latics from building the stadium on the grounds where the lancaster club lies now in a scaled down development?

Its the 8 acres of so land adjacent to the Lancaster club (where they originally intended to build the stadium) which has been knocked back. But TTA still own the lancaster club, which is private land, and I believe this plot without the adjacent plot is about 22 acres?

Is there any particular reason why a stadium cannot be built here?

nothing ?

oh so just a promotion a play off and a trip to wembley in the JPT is nothing, id snap someones hand off if they offered me that for latics under the circumstances that we moved !

Thats how important the JPT is... I'd forgot they won it. And promotion back to where they were when they started. Massive success.

Plus, their "success" doesn't make moving correct. It's still massively wrong. I'd rather the cub died trying in Oldham than moved out of town permanently.

One question that has not been answered yet though, is what is stopping Latics from building the stadium on the grounds where the lancaster club lies now in a scaled down development?

Its the 8 acres of so land adjacent to the Lancaster club (where they originally intended to build the stadium) which has been knocked back. But TTA still own the lancaster club, which is private land, and I believe this plot without the adjacent plot is about 22 acres?

Is there any particular reason why a stadium cannot be built here?

Electricity pylons I think.

Me either. I do understand the gripe against Oldham, it's a cesspool of failure getting worse by the minute run by an incompetant council.

but just because we have an incompetant council doesn't mean we should abandon the town the club is from. Oldham is not the council and the council should not be used as an excuse to leave.

macca!!! there is no land that is viable, there is no option of re developing bp and the council are useless!!! the cock everything up, i mean look at the vance miller case!!! the whole thing is corrupt, get out of oldham while we can before it becomes even more of a shanty town

Thats how important the JPT is... I'd forgot they won it. And promotion back to where they were when they started. Massive success.

Plus, their "success" doesn't make moving correct. It's still massively wrong. I'd rather the cub died trying in Oldham than moved out of town permanently.

you serious ? for a club like us the money you get a tv apperance money you get for getting to the final is great. oh and the ticket sales etc,

see dont think of that do you ?

macca!!! there is no land that is viable, there is no option of re developing bp and the council are useless!!! the cock everything up, i mean look at the vance miller case!!! the whole thing is corrupt, get out of oldham while we can before it becomes even more of a shanty town

There is no land viable to the CURRENT OWNERS.

30 acres is needed for the current owners to finance the new stadium. Why can't we get new owners in with a different plan, one that doesn't need as much land? You don't need 30 acres to build a football stadium. There are plenty of places in Oldham that would fit a football stadium on it's own. But that options is unavailable to the current owners as they don't have the finance to do it.

Edited by Macca

Their is land that is viable, it's just that the current owners want a 30 acre site.

you serious ? for a club like us the money you get a tv apperance money you get for getting to the final is great. oh and the ticket sales etc,

see dont think of that do you ?

Sh*t, I forgot that you parade the balance sheet around on a open top bus.

The massively succesful MK Dons are still a 3rd division club. And I will repeat myself:

Plus, their "success" doesn't make moving correct. It's still massively wrong.

30 acres is needed for the current owners to finance the new stadium. Why can't we get new owners in with a different plan, one that doesn't need as much land? You don't need 30 acres to build a football stadium. There are plenty of places in Oldham that would a football stadium on it's own. But that options is unavailable to the current owners as they don't have the finance to do it.

ok i will put us in the loot, im sure someone will buy us, what with us losing money left right and centre!! just one thing though, all this doesnt seem right to me, corney must have had an incline that something was wrong with it not going through and prob knew that is was gonna be rejected, so why not sell assets and buy the richards clause out and be done with it, nope i reckon he has sonething up his sleeve, maybe the a team who knows

I don't think a move out of where the administrative boundaries of oldham end means we should change the name of the club. It would just reflect the history and tradition of the club. Not a team I aspire us to be like but isn't Grimsby town in Cleethorpes? I've no idea how long they've been there but am not aware of it causing a problem.

30 acres is needed for the current owners to finance the new stadium. Why can't we get new owners in with a different plan, one that doesn't need as much land? You don't need 30 acres to build a football stadium. There are plenty of places in Oldham that would fit a football stadium on it's own. But that options is unavailable to the current owners as they don't have the finance to do it.

New owners have been encouraged, but none are forthcoming.

My loyalties are with the town the club is from. If the club moves to Tameside permanently then it ceases to be my club.

I don't agree with that statement and other similar statements made on here. Its your view so I respect it, but my response is that if it means that Oldham Athletic is alive and kicking at a brand spanking new stadium a stones throw outside of the borough of Oldham it will be an incredibly good thing for the club and the fans. I believe the club would have new fans if a move outside of Oldham occurred. Please note, I do not want it to happen but if it is the best for the club then I'm all for it.

I know its a different matter but if a family member or your partner you love moved to a different town to you, you wouldn't cease your feelings and love for them just because of that reason would you? A bit far-fetched but hey...