Who's Against a Permanent Move Out of Oldham?

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't agree with that statement and other similar statements made on here. Its your view so I respect it, but my response is that if it means that Oldham Athletic is alive and kicking at a brand spanking new stadium a stones throw outside of the borough of Oldham it will be an incredibly good thing for the club and the fans. I believe the club would have new fans if a move outside of Oldham occurred. Please note, I do not want it to happen but if it is the best for the club then I'm all for it.

I know its a different matter but if a family member or your partner you love moved to a different town to you, you wouldn't cease your feelings and love for them just because of that reason would you? A bit far-fetched but hey...

I couldn't support Tameside Athletic. It's not the same. Just as it was for Wimbledon fans when they moved to Milton Keynes. It's just not the same.

Sh*t, I forgot that you parade the balance sheet around on a open top bus.

The massively succesful MK Dons are still a 3rd division club. And I will repeat myself:

Plus, their "success" doesn't make moving correct. It's still massively wrong.

Whilst I fully agree with you Dave, should Latics more to Tameside it wouldn't be nowhere near the scale of wrongness that horrible Franchise scum did it. In principle it's pretty wrong, and I would have been dead against a move out of the borough up until lately but the latest news just leaves me with no confidence that OMBC supports a new stadium or even remotely cares about our football club. They're not supportive in the slightest, we were forced to work with them still after the last debacle which we ended up marching for, now after this I'd say the relationship between club and council is pretty much untenable.

I guess, whatever the outcome of this, whether we stay in Oldham and fight for a future (which unless the impossible becomes possible and a huge lotto win or new deluded ambitious owners come in and bankroll project BP) or we make a go of it by groundsharing and/or redeveloping Curzon Ashton (the only meaningful alternative the way I see it) we'll have fans who won't want to fall behind either. I'm firmly with the latter, I'm at the end of my tether with OMBC.

its plain and simple

stay in oldham - no club

move out temp or even permenant - there is always a club and from that i know exactly which i, and most probably most members on here would prefer.

Under current owners yes. Perhaps its time for new ownership.

its plain and simple

stay in oldham - no club

move out temp or even permenant - there is always a club and from that i know exactly which i, and most probably most members on here would prefer.

Bolton Wanderers moved a long way from Bolton Town centre, no doubt despite many objections from fans at the time, but the move didn't work out too badly.

Under current owners yes. Perhaps its time for new ownership.

I don't think we'll have too long to wait in any case, SC I'd imagine will be gone in the summer, I really can't see him working with OMBC any longer, it's the straw that broke the camel's back.

New owners then? Where are they trotting in from?

Seems to be a lot in favour of a move out of the borough of Oldham because the council/club can't get their act together. For me a permanent move out of the borough is unacceptable and would see my support for the club end. I could see the club move away if there was plans to have the club back in the borough in the future but I couldn't accept a permanent move. A club should never forget it's roots. We are Oldham Athletic and that is what we should continue to be.

A permanent move to Tameside or anywhere that isn't the borough of Oldham is unacceptable. Dodgy council or no dodgy council.

Is there anyone else with the same opinion?

Yes, mate. I agree entirely.

i know circumstances are different but why is everyone now in favour of moving out of oldham when nobody wanted to move to the very edge (failsworth).

maybe the council/town doesn't deserve a football club but there's been one for over 100 years that hasn't done too badly in the town and if we moved out we'd basically be throwing away the last 100 years of OAFC. i'm relatively new as a latics fan (last seven or eight years) and i want to see OAFC in the future, preferably in Oldham.

This all seems mental to me how can people say they don't want a club if it means moving out of Oldham. I love this club and I will love it aslong as it does not mean moving to the extent that MK Dons did. Other than that I will still be watching Latics at every home game like I do now.

This all seems mental to me how can people say they don't want a club if it means moving out of Oldham. I love this club and I will love it aslong as it does not mean moving to the extent that MK Dons did. Other than that I will still be watching Latics at every home game like I do now.

Because I support Oldham Athletic. That's the key to it. It won't be that if they move away from Oldham.

Because I support Oldham Athletic. That's the key to it. It won't be that if they move away from Oldham.

course i want the club i support to carry on but if we moved away and still carried on supporting latics, would we be any better than all the united and city fans from oldham that support them even though latics are closer?

course i want the club i support to carry on but if we moved away and still carried on supporting latics, would we be any better than all the united and city fans from oldham that support them even though latics are closer?

I support Oldham because the club is in Oldham. It's my local club in my home town. That's why I don't support Citeh or Man Ure.