Where should Oldham Athletic relocate to permanently?

It's looking increasingly likely we'll have to leave Oldham - As the situations stands at the moment  

152 members have voted

1. 1. So where do we go?

• Stay at Boundary Park even though it may cost us the club?
    • A site must be found in Oldham AT ALL COSTS
    • Ashton Moss/A site in Tameside
    • Share with another club
    • Regional Athletics Centre
    • Stakehill

It's looking increasingly like we have no choice but to leave Oldham due to the club's ownership not being able to find suitable a 30 acre site in Oldham, the failings of OMBC and the impact of the NIMBYs. So where do we go?

Edited by oafcprozac

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's looking increasingly like we have no choice but to leave Oldham due to the club's ownership not being able to find suitable a 30 acre site in Oldham, the failings of OMBC and the impact of the NIMBYs

I could be mistaken but I think Stakehill is an Industrial zone only.

Poll added above Macca

i havent voted yet as i think there is a very large area to put a stadium in at greengate...and the part of greengate in particular has an oldham postcode and is technically classed as chadderton....other than that the stakehill idea is a good one

i havent voted yet as i think there is a very large area to put a stadium in at greengate...and the part of greengate in particular has an oldham postcode and is technically classed as chadderton....other than that the stakehill idea is a good one

Couldn't that be put under Stay in Oldham?

Could kibosh that idea then, but then there's that much land around there surely it can't all be earmarked as 'Industrial' only?

There is a huge amount around Stakehill, all farm land but I know the area well and I think access would be a problem. It's a shame about Stakehill because it's a ghost town now, and of course access is in place.

That's your opinion Macca, I respect you for it but please let other people vote how they see fit. It's their club too...

People can vote how they want. It doesn't make it the correct decision however. Peoples gripe is with the council not with the town. The reason we can't stay in the town is because the owners can't find a place that fits with their criteria.

It's the owners that need to move on as they can't deliver what the club really needs through no fault of their own.

RIP Oldham Athletic :disappointed:

Seriously Tameside is not the answer.

Being a Royton based Lifelong fan, I would definitely want it to stay as local as possible,BUT, if Tameside was the way forward I would support it.

I am there every other weekend with my lads Football Team and you can see the massive difference between the forward thinking Council there and the joke that is OMBC.

Their would be a lot of floating fans over there who would be attracted by a League Football team and if we shared the Curzon ground there is a lot of room for expansion.

Failsworth is Manchester in everything but name, it would have been a disaster!

That's your opinion Macca, I respect you for it but please let other people vote how they see fit. It's their club too...

+1

I will not begrudge anyone for wanting to stay in Oldham, but I honestly fail to see what is left for us here.

- Simon Corney has stated that he does not expect football at BP next season

- No new owners on the horizon with a spare 20 mill to develop BP

- A completely and utterly incompetent council that stand in the way of the club progressing

+1

I will not begrudge anyone for wanting to stay in Oldham, but I honestly fail to see what is left for us here.

- Simon Corney has stated that he does not expect football at BP next season

- No new owners on the horizon with a spare 20 mill to develop BP

- A completely and utterly incompetent council that stand in the way of the club progressing

Council aside maybe the problem is Simon Corney?

I think he's done a great job for OAFC trying to get this new stadium in Oldham and I thank him for initially saving us and investing all his time and money into us. Corney needs this 30 acre site and to leave BP.

Another owner may not need to do this. Corney can't deliver a stadium in Oldham another owner could. A stadium doesn't cover 30 acres.

Being a Royton based Lifelong fan, I would definitely want it to stay as local as possible,BUT, if Tameside was the way forward I would support it.

I am there every other weekend with my lads Football Team and you can see the massive difference between the forward thinking Council there and the joke that is OMBC.

Their would be a lot of floating fans over there who would be attracted by a League Football team and if we shared the Curzon ground there is a lot of room for expansion.

Failsworth is Manchester in everything but name, it would have been a disaster!

Failsworth is Oldham FACT

Tameside isn't Oldham FACT

If you are against Failsworth then you are against Tameside for the same reason.

Council aside maybe the problem is Simon Corney?

I think he's done a great job for OAFC trying to get this new stadium in Oldham and I thank him for initially saving us and investing all his time and money into us. Corney needs this 30 acre site and to leave BP.

Another owner may not need to do this. Corney can't deliver a stadium in Oldham another owner could. A stadium doesn't cover 30 acres.

Just to clarify, although Corney is chairman of the club, he does not own any shares. Although they have stood down as diretors, Blitz and Gazal still own 97 percent of the shares. They hold the cards here, not corney.

Just to clarify, although Corney is chairman of the club, he does not own any shares. Although they have stood down as diretors, Blitz and Gazal still own 97 percent of the shares. They hold the cards here, not corney.

Didnt Corney buy into the club aswell with the other 2? It was just that the other 2 were the financial money men?