Not again!

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do love a good overreaction.

Not an over-reaction in the slightist, Dag+Red are bottom of the league- lack in concentration at the back and we draw- terrible result.

Just look at are results for inconsisitancy, and if we were to make the play-offs it would mean winning games just like today.

To be even talking about the playoffs when everyone had us down to be fighting relagation is a dream in it's self so chill.

Exactly. After last seasons drivel this season has been an unexpected bonus. Disappointing we didnt win but still a long way to go, we have only last 6 league matches all season and already eclipsed our goal tally of the whole of the last campaign.

Its a point more to our total and we are still in the play-off positons and above teams with budgets much bigger than ours!

To be even talking about the playoffs when everyone had us down to be fighting relagation is a dream in it's self so chill.

Never gone along with this viewpoint. A new season is a fresh start - it quickly became obvious last season that the problem was the management. That was eventually resolved and I was tremendously confident in Dickov from day 1.

Expectations have been raised, both by fans and those within the club. Therefore today was disappointing, regardless of the :censored:e served up last term.

Next 5 games, and Im not being a pessimist, but I think depending on what Latics team turn up, we could either take 9 points (best outcome in my opinion) or end up with 2 points.

And at the end of Feb I hope we are still hanging on to the top 6, but I just cant see it, just to inconsistant.

A Huddersfield

H Carlisle

A Bristol Rovers

A MK Dons

H Peterborough

It was never going to be a classic given the weather and opposition. However despite not clicking we deserved a scrappy win, and but for a few disappointing individual displays we'd have won comfortably.

I'll start with Tonk who was nothing short of garbage. I like him but was surprised he came out for the second half today, let alone complete the 90. Simply awful.

Trotters was much like Tuesday, poor on the ball but generally solid bar a couple of dozy moments. I expect better from him.

Taylor missed a hat full of good chances, even sitters. Presumably whoever awarded him MOTM was in the bar.

Furman wasn't himself.

MOTM was Morais, though he wasn't at his best he was still our biggest threat. Tonk's share of the partnership just never materialised.

Not too sure what happened for the equaliser - I'd become distracted and looked up to see Lee just fail to get back to clear off the line. There must have been a big cock up somewhere to get into that scenario though? :mad:

1-1 is a disappointing result, but overall i'm fairly happy with the performance, we're a young team thats prone to mistakes, but we're playing good football and it's enjoyable to see, compare that to Dagenham's hoof ball, or our team last season, i'll take this any day of the week. We may make play-offs, but even then i think we'll not go up. I just hope though that SC sticks with it, and tries to keep this team together as much as possible, because i think if he does next season could be special. Especially if we can keep hold of Taylor, and Morais.

Next 5 games, and Im not being a pessimist, but I think depending on what Latics team turn up, we could either take 9 points (best outcome in my opinion) or end up with 2 points.

And at the end of Feb I hope we are still hanging on to the top 6, but I just cant see it, just to inconsistant.

A Huddersfield

H Carlisle

A Bristol Rovers

A MK Dons

H Peterborough

This is Latics. Anything is possible. Knowing us we will go and beat Huddersfield, The Mongs and Peterborough and lose the two we should win. Would take 9 points fom those.

Exactly. After last seasons drivel this season has been an unexpected bonus. Disappointing we didnt win but still a long way to go, we have only last 6 league matches all season and already eclipsed our goal tally of the whole of the last campaign.

Its a point more to our total and we are still in the play-off positons and above teams with budgets much bigger than ours!

+1, even with a new manager, typical latics turned up today. last season we'd have lost that game and even though we didn't play anywhere near how we can, we didn't lose.

They weren't very good.

Furman had his poorest game of the season.

We missed a couple of sitters and gave away a soft one.

I think we underestimated our opposition today and paid the price.

it looked to me like we turned up thinking we'd win 4-0 again. gave away a sloppy goal and PD won't be happy that we didnt make enough chances.

only good thing about today is that every time we've dropped points before, we've bounced back so hopefully we can give huddersfield a good game on saturday

We got what we deserve to be honest that's why today's result didn't bother me, I feel pretty indifferent towards it. It was a shíte game and we didn't dominate, our best spell came within 10 minutes after the goal where we had chances to make it 2-0. But Daggers were well organised and weren't being bullied, they hustled us as much as we hustled them and did have a couple of chances themselves to go 1 up (one which Amos made a great save to keep out). Their left sided winger gave Kieran Lee the willies and I thought he was Dagenham's best player. On paper, yes, a game we should have won but a draw was a fair result in what was a drab affair. I'd be a hell of a lot more annoyed if we klcked their arse for 90 minutes and only managed to draw. Today's not ideal, but acceptable.

4-4-2 with Reid and Tounkara up front next home game please Paulie. Not a fan of one playing one striker at home. Dagenham handled Tonk pretty well. Morais and Taylor did their bit but we weren't quick enough on the ball and looked for too many hoofs. White was anonymous.

Missed their goal as I was looking at my phone but sounded like a mistake given the crowd's reaction.

I'll start with Tonk who was nothing short of garbage

He did create the best chance of the first half with his run and great cross for Taylor.

He still pulls defenders all over the place which creates the space for Morais, Taylor and to a lesser extent White.

Garbage is a harsh description. I'd start him with Reid. Not sure who I'd leave out though!