Todays conceded goal!

Heres what Dean Furman said on Twiter

Just seen d&r goal from yest..great assist from ballboy. Multi ball meant to help us out not away team! Fuming! Now for torrrreeeess!!!!

Perhaps if Furman had not played arguably his worst game of the season the impact of the ball boy doing his job properly wouldn't have been quite so damaging ....

... think before you type Dean; blaming a kid for dropping 2 points?

Edited by opinions4u

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He does have a very good point!

A better point would have been to question who was supposed to have been tracking their scorer and lost him. Another point is when a keeper comes flying out like that he has to get there and not left floundering leaving an unguarded net. I hope the ball boy doesn't read these comments and Furman should be ashamed of himself.

A better point would have been to question who was supposed to have been tracking their scorer and lost him. Another point is when a keeper comes flying out like that he has to get there and not left floundering leaving an unguarded net. I hope the ball boy doesn't read these comments and Furman should be ashamed of himself.

Or maybe he should be blaiming his team-mates for not putting chances away to put the game to bed??

Last week it was the ref, this week it's the ball-boy!

Come on, Dean....

Edited by JoeP

Or maybe he should be blaiming his team-mates for not putting chances away to put the game to bed??

Last week it was the ref, this week it's the ball-boy!

Come on, Dean....

I thought the problem was the wrong kind of rain. :wink:

Heres what Dean Furman said on Twiter

Just seen d&r goal from yest..great assist from ballboy. Multi ball meant to help us out not away team! Fuming! Now for torrrreeeess!!!!

Yeah! You tell 'em, Dean! The incompetent little sods should earn their money!

Oh hang on, they're children who aren't getting paid, and whose job is to stop delays to the game, not to help you out.

Hope he enjoyed Torres' debut.

Yeah! You tell 'em, Dean! The incompetent little sods should earn their money!

Oh hang on, they're children who aren't getting paid, and whose job is to stop delays to the game, not to help you out.

Hope he enjoyed Torres' debut.

At least he had the sense to delete it!

I remember Jimmy Hill getting spanked in the press for blaming a ball boy once on MOTD doing the exact same thing. Then Jimmy having to apologise in person to the kid.

Was gonna mention that, harsh on the ballboy then and now, perhaps they could be taught by 'greasy hands' Diego how to return a ball 'quickly' to the opposition?

That Liverpool game was a 1-1 draw the Scousers benefitting from the ballboy returning the ball double quick to nick an undeserved equaliser. Blackburn were battered 3-0 in the replay….

Edited by oafcprozac

Sh1te – I was worried this might happen – sure we have a strong starting group who can compete with anyone in the league; but I worried about squad depth; 1 or 2 injuries and we’re down into the youths or the untried ‘hot prospects’....I’m not sure we have the strength in depth to compete if our star lads aren’t out there.......could be a tough game on Tuesday night; boys will have to become men!

Hope your lads gets better soon O4U :wink: