Huddersfield Town Away

we wont take alot ? they think we are boycotting ?

http://downatthemac.proboards.com/index.cg...mp;thread=54373

i thought we have genrally taken the same amount or more they bring to us in recent seasons.

also not happy with trotman

http://downatthemac.proboards.com/index.cg...mp;thread=54376

fans think there club is like man u or something, pathetic fooking yorkshire tw*ts !!

i thought we have genrally taken the same amount or more they bring to us in recent seasons.

fans think there club is like man u or something, pathetic fooking yorkshire tw*ts !!

I cant see where they are not happy with trotman?

Yeah I remember paying £24 to go there! They don't travel, anyway. So a few boycotting will hardly make a difference!

Always a poor turn out for their tinpot club.

You have got to be eff'ing kidding me.

Edited by mattyg101

You have got to be eff'ing kidding me.

That got my attention too - never bring a good following my arse! :ranting:

Nothing on there; other than what we know already. Hudds fans are danger in becoming as arrogant & condescending as Leeds fans – which is why it was sooooooo pleasing that we played them off the park at ours. And also pleasing to see that they didn’t sell out the RRE even though they are a ‘massive club’ with such good away support.

If we do what we know we can do; in all areas of the pitch; just as we did in the home fixture – I fully expect us to come away from Gayfarm with something; possibly the full 3. They couldn’t handle Oumare or Morais at BP; we’ve Aidy White in the ranks now too; pace all over the shop now and I think we can trouble them. The Alan Lee stuff is rich from them; they booed him onto the pitch when he came on at ours; amazing what 3 goals will do for some fickle fans eh? To paraphrase Kevin Keegan; ‘I’d bloody love it if we beat them’.

That got my attention too - never bring a good following my arse! :ranting:

You bring decent followings for the size of your home attendances, generally. Last season wasn't great, but I remember we brought a crap following to your place when we in the dark days of Ritchie... last season was probably your equivalent.

Nothing on there; other than what we know already. Hudds fans are danger in becoming as arrogant & condescending as Leeds fans – which is why it was sooooooo pleasing that we played them off the park at ours. And also pleasing to see that they didn’t sell out the RRE even though they are a ‘massive club’ with such good away support.

We'll always be one of the better supported teams in this division, but at the minute our away followings are inflated by us having a decent side... it's a shame that this has led to some of our fans getting a bit arrogant about our support. It's something to be proud of though, the last figures I saw had us as having the second best average away attendances in the division... not bad to say how southern dominated the division is.

If we do what we know we can do; in all areas of the pitch; just as we did in the home fixture – I fully expect us to come away from Gayfarm with something; possibly the full 3. They couldn’t handle Oumare or Morais at BP; we’ve Aidy White in the ranks now too; pace all over the shop now and I think we can trouble them.

You played well at your place, but you seem to be assuming that we play as badly as we did at your place every week. We finally seem to be playing somewhere near our ability.

The Alan Lee stuff is rich from them; they booed him onto the pitch when he came on at ours; amazing what 3 goals will do for some fickle fans eh? To paraphrase Kevin Keegan; ‘I’d bloody love it if we beat them’.

:blink: . Don't have a clue what you're talking about there. I'm pretty confident that Lee would praise our support for the treatment he's received, whilst he's got a bit of stick when fans have been frustrated, he's got nothing like the amount you would expect and turned into a slight cult hero amongst some fans. He gets his name sung at games whilst we don't have a song for Rhodes... we're a strange lot!

One of them says that those who don't go will spend their money on blue wicked and smirnoff ice. Isn't that what you keep saying?

Well I use the logic that because Latics never win a game in the JPT it doesn't count.

So they're more "ghost" goals that real ones.

Hopefully he's got the scoring habit out of his system ahead of Saturday :grin:

tell that to him, who will be full of confidence on Saturday :grin:

I thought it was a Johnny Woodgate. THats what he was allegedly drinking with bowyer when they got in a bit of trouble.

That was Smirnoff ice and a drink called Redeemer.

You could order a Lee Bowyer and get one from Walkabout in Leeds shortly after the incident.

That soon got stopped.

:blink: . Don't have a clue what you're talking about there. I'm pretty confident that Lee would praise our support for the treatment he's received, whilst he's got a bit of stick when fans have been frustrated, he's got nothing like the amount you would expect and turned into a slight cult hero amongst some fans. He gets his name sung at games whilst we don't have a song for Rhodes... we're a strange lot!

What about 'Duh Duh Duh Duh Jordan Rhodes, Duh Duh Duh Duh Jordan Rhodes' ?

That was Pawel Abbott, then Keigan Parker ( <_< ), then Cadamarteri and now Lee Novak. Although we've got Cads back until the end of the season so we'll probably be singing it for him too... who says football fans aren't as creative as they used to be?!

I was at the game; sat in my usual seat dam near behind the away dug-out; and you had that many unused subs / injured players / coaching staff in your ‘entourage’ that there wasn’t room for them all at ‘little old Oldham’s bench’, so they had to come and sit in the empty seats near me.

I ended up sat next to an absolute plank – a Scottish coach of yours; in his 40’s...and Lee Novak was next to him; with Lee Croft on the row in front of them with some other players i didn’t recognise.

When Lee came on; there was a noticeable Boo from a section of your support; you could hear it from where I sit; which is about half way – because ‘idiot coach’ & Novak heard it too & then had a very unsubtle chat about.

It was along the lines of ‘fans don’t like Alan – can’t blame them really; he’s done cock all’ type conversation.

When Alan Lee elbowed Reuben Hazell going up for a header; all the Latics fans around me went up in arms at it – ‘bang out of order’ ‘dirty b&^%$d type stuff & Lee Croft said something back to us along the lines of ‘he’ll do it again & not bother; he does it to us in training too’...........

So, fans booed him on and his teammates & coach were slagging him off.......Hmmmmmm; good team unity there eh?

I was at the game; sat in my usual seat dam near behind the away dug-out; and you had that many unused subs / injured players / coaching staff in your ‘entourage’ that there wasn’t room for them all at ‘little old Oldham’s bench’, so they had to come and sit in the empty seats near me.

I ended up sat next to an absolute plank – a Scottish coach of yours; in his 40’s...and Lee Novak was next to him; with Lee Croft on the row in front of them with some other players i didn’t recognise.

When Lee came on; there was a noticeable Boo from a section of your support; you could hear it from where I sit; which is about half way – because ‘idiot coach’ & Novak heard it too & then had a very unsubtle chat about.

It was along the lines of ‘fans don’t like Alan – can’t blame them really; he’s done cock all’ type conversation.

When Alan Lee elbowed Reuben Hazell going up for a header; all the Latics fans around me went up in arms at it – ‘bang out of order’ ‘dirty b&^%$d type stuff & Lee Croft said something back to us along the lines of ‘he’ll do it again & not bother; he does it to us in training too’...........

So, fans booed him on and his teammates & coach were slagging him off.......Hmmmmmm; good team unity there eh?

I honestly haven't heard, or seen any complaints about the booing of Alan Lee. I believe you though, and thanks for sharing the story. Been trying to work out who the coach is, but can't think of a Scottish coach we have.

I've always though that he was quite a popular squad member; we have a few players on Twitter, and though he isn't on, there are often tweets from players "sat in Costa with big Alan Lee..." and that sort of thing.

Wouldn't take long to write alternative lyrics to the song '(take me home) Country Roads' by the legend that was Jon Denver

:wink: