THE TRUST POSITION

depends where were going to be playing from...

but i doubt it....the club dont put on free buses when we play away games...

When Latics reserves first moved to Stalybridge the club laid on buses... but that died a slow death.

If the club remains in Division One my bet is a ground share with Stalybridge Celtic - because of Latics present links with them.

However, if the club gain promotion my bet will be staying at BP for a couple more years until a new stadium is sorted out.

£1 ew :)

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

When Latics reserves first moved to Stalybridge the club laid on buses... but that died a slow death.

If the club remains in Division One my bet is a ground share with Stalybridge Celtic - because of Latics present links with them.

However, if the club gain promotion my bet will be staying at BP for a couple more years until a new stadium is sorted out.

£1 ew :)

Staly vegas it is then because although the current side is a vast improvement on recent seasons it isn't going up.

sorry to burst yer bubble.

To the previous poster yes mr blitz wants a return now,do you actually honestly believe he gives a hoot what happens to OAFC?

Sorry if my posts upset you,i like it straight to the point you see and seeing as my predictions from about 2 years ago(which were poo poo'd by many on here i might add)look absolutely spot on.........i'll continue to go with gut instincts.

Not to patronise but all your points are valid. It is no good me speculating until the future direction is publicised. From the Trust point of view that should be certainly before any season ticket sales are announced and perhaps sooner. I think I have answered most points with the exception of Harry.

There is an increase in funding by going into the Championship but of course your outlay becomes greater in respect of your players budget. If you want to survive in the Championship contracts become more expensive and those you are keeping have clauses for increases in their contracts.

If I have missed answering anybody please shout up.

Barry

Not to patronise but all your points are valid. It is no good me speculating until the future direction is publicised. From the Trust point of view that should be certainly before any season ticket sales are announced and perhaps sooner. I think I have answered most points with the exception of Harry.

There is an increase in funding by going into the Championship but of course your outlay becomes greater in respect of your players budget. If you want to survive in the Championship contracts become more expensive and those you are keeping have clauses for increases in their contracts.

If I have missed answering anybody please shout up.

Barry

I get the feeling you're trying to answer questions to the best of your allowed ability at the moment and sailing closer to the wind doing so than you've allowed yourself in all the previous years................................ yes or no?

I get the feeling you're trying to answer questions to the best of your allowed ability at the moment and sailing closer to the wind doing so than you've allowed yourself in all the previous years................................ yes or no?

A political Yes and No Lags.

Irrespective of the clubs position I have an outright responsibility to represent the fans. As I said I have to advise the Trust that the fans interests have to be carefully measured against the long term interests of the club and whatever that brings. If the final decision of the fans takes us in one direction I have to drive that forward.

At the moment. other than getting clear vibes from this site I do not know what discussions will occur at the Trust next week. We also have to consider that many fans do not contribute to OWTB but a lot have contacted me by phone and e mails etc.

My colleagues appreciate and respect my position and I will not waiver from my responsibilities.

The past 7 years have been littered with decisions that have been easy to make and although fans might not agree a great deal of things we have done and voted for have been in the best interests of the club. Yes we have made mistakes, who does'nt.

For my own part I have very strong views about the future but those are unimportant and come second to the responsibility I carry. And before you ask I will not go public on those private views at this stage.It serves no purpose. In some respects you read my mind well but I have never feared a difference of opinion or a need to express it in the Board Room if required. I will continue to do so. Perhaps I think the current position is very serious for the fans and unlike other occasions I really feel at the moment I need to be seen supporting the many worried and angry fans.

Perhaps I have not done any favours to myself in the past by not showing my true self. !!!!!!!

Barry

Fair do's Barry. I'll read into that what perhaps I should. One thing is clear, yes TTA (and it's still TTA that run the show no matter what the public front is) have kept us going with lots of cash, cash that was always in the main lodged in the land aquired cheaply. However they will reap the wrath deserved if we end up groundsharing at some low league outfit with no chance of returnimg to ourt rightful status due to TTA taking back some of the outlayed cash vis the land.

Bingo. People need to understand that promotion is not some kind of magical cure all. If we go up in a financial mess, we'll come back down in a bigger one. (That's no reason not to bother.... otherwise we may as well just pack in).

Hopefully alot of people will appreciate your comments in this thread, Barry. I guess we're kind of in limbo at the moment - we need some kind of base on which to build (and/or fight).

I will say one thing - any hope of any useful co-operation with the council becomes more distant with each club statement of their current tone. Granted many would say the council's incompetence rules out the chance of any useful co-operation anyway...

My overriding fear is that a future outside Oldham is no real future at all - because a sustainable number of fans simply won't make the move.

A political Yes and No Lags.

Irrespective of the clubs position I have an outright responsibility to represent the fans. As I said I have to advise the Trust that the fans interests have to be carefully measured against the long term interests of the club and whatever that brings. If the final decision of the fans takes us in one direction I have to drive that forward.

At the moment. other than getting clear vibes from this site I do not know what discussions will occur at the Trust next week. We also have to consider that many fans do not contribute to OWTB but a lot have contacted me by phone and e mails etc.

My colleagues appreciate and respect my position and I will not waiver from my responsibilities.

The past 7 years have been littered with decisions that have been easy to make and although fans might not agree a great deal of things we have done and voted for have been in the best interests of the club. Yes we have made mistakes, who does'nt.

For my own part I have very strong views about the future but those are unimportant and come second to the responsibility I carry. And before you ask I will not go public on those private views at this stage.It serves no purpose. In some respects you read my mind well but I have never feared a difference of opinion or a need to express it in the Board Room if required. I will continue to do so. Perhaps I think the current position is very serious for the fans and unlike other occasions I really feel at the moment I need to be seen supporting the many worried and angry fans.

Perhaps I have not done any favours to myself in the past by not showing my true self. !!!!!!!

Barry

Whatever has been said in the past, I know that you share all our pains and seek to achieve the same objective. It's going to be tough for you in the next few months and I wish you well and want you to know that you have my full support.

Guest Scratch2000uk

I don't get it, Barry you are supposed to represent the fans, yet you seem to gag yourself in the interests of a board that has by all means done with the town, football club, and council?

It's quite clear to me the board want out, and demolishing the stands that are still left, and selling the remaining bits of BP they will accomplish what other have failed to do. <_<

Leave this town and fans, without a hometown football club or home. :ranting:

I guess you will start talking ( like a fans rep ) when the :censored: hits the fan, or it's too late to do anything about the plight we are in. :lol:

Fans rep?? do me a favour. :ranting:

Barry, I appreciate you filling on at least one or two of the gaps in our understanding of the situation.

On the drastic subject of ground sharing and I hope it never happens but if it did I hope that the board take into account those supporters that would need to use public transport to get to the ground.

For example Stalybridge Celtic: I've done bit of journey planning from Oldham to Stalybridge and the journey time is a minimum of 1Hr 20 mins each way and includes a change of buses in Manchester, no joke after a night match. The travelling time and the cost would be a large deterrent for the significant number of supporters who have no choice other than to use the buses.

I hate to say this but the best option would probably be the athletics stadium near City's ground.

We could always rent City's ground. one stand should be sufficient.

Edited by laticsrblue

Here's my take on it Barry - and I suspect it would be the same for many others.

Preferred option: Playing at Boundary Park forever.

Acceptable option: A new stadium within the borough of Oldham - playing at Boundary Park until it's built.

Right on the line of acceptable: Approved plans for a new stadium within the borough of Oldham with no hurdles left outstanding - groundhsaring at Spotland (nowhere else - all other locations would just about kill the club) for no longer than 2 seasons.

Really pushing it: A new stadium outside the borough, but literally on the border. Talk of Middleton perhaps ...

Anything else: I really can't see it working. Even sites like Ashton Moss feel just a little bit too far away for my gut instincts.

I agree with garcon's post above. If the willy waving with the council is a ploy to get concessions (e.g. they pay for the cleaning of the Coal Pit Lane land previously considered in lieu of legal action), fine. If it really is about not co-operating with OMBC then it ain't willy waving. It's cutting off our own balls.

Barry, I appreciate you have a dififcult duel role to fulfil. The legal responsibilities of being the director of a limited company can doubtless conflict with being the fans' voice on the board. It's good to see you confirm this:

I think the current position is very serious for the fans and unlike other occasions I really feel at the moment I need to be seen supporting the many worried and angry fans.

You are, at the moment, a massively important part of the hopes, dreams and loves of Oldham Athletic fans.

Maybe we should retain the current playing budget and use the money for something other than the demands of these overpriced players.

This is my whole point. More fans dosen't save the club if we just go up and increase the playing budget above what we bring in each week. I just don't see a future until we say a big fat no to the overpriced demands of these players.

Its why I view me going and putting £20 behind the turnstile as utterly pointless.

Edited by oafc0000