Huddersfield are in a League Above Oldham

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

who is slagging off latics ? yeah there is alot of negativity around latics and who wouldnt be after the week we have had ! by the way i think the saying is doom and gloom not boom and gloom.

but then again they have a very rich owner, a council who backs them, they dont have two of the worlds biggest club next to them.

no of course they dont - Manchester and Leeds are both at least 16 miles away and no one Hudders supports or as ever heard of these far off places

It all costs money though, and we don't have the crowds to support that

It doesn't all cost money. What Huddersfield were doing today doesn't cost a lot but by doing it I'm sure greatly increases what they make. Doing the little things right.

But we have a limit to how many fans we attract. Whatever we do there just isn't the interest in Latics. Do you not see that?

You don't get it Prendy and I can't be bothered because I don't think you ever will. Some people on here do and that's good enough for me.

I do get what your saying I just dont think whatever we did we would have the reason to have a ground like Huddersfield and the attendances to match. The only way we will see a significant increase in attendance is via promotion. Huddersfield has a larger fan base than us and an awful lot less competition

I do get what your saying I just dont think whatever we did we would have the reason to have a ground like Huddersfield and the attendances to match. The only way we will see a significant increase in attendance is via promotion. Huddersfield has a larger fan base than us and an awful lot less competition

I'm not really talking about attendances, they're long-term. I'm talking about what they do on match day for the supporters that turn up. Compare Huddersfield's ground before the game compared to Oldham's. Where are the stalls selling merchandise etc? Hardly anything happens outside BP on matchdays.

Yeh but we could do whatever we want but we wouldn't pull in attendances like that in league 1. They don't have the likes of United and City on their doorsteps.

I agree they are well run, but think that goes beyond the club, their council support them, they have a super league rugby team that also helps. I dont care how well run we were I dont believe we'd match em

We don't own any shares in our ground as they were stolen by the Super League club, and the council won't agree to let us pay an inflated price to get them back unless we take some of the stadium costs, that they agreed to when it was built, off their hands.

Sean Jarvis is the major factor IMO.

no of course they dont - Manchester and Leeds are both at least 16 miles away and no one Hudders supports or as ever heard of these far off places

you are a clown, manchester united and manchester city have a much bigger fan base in oldham than huddersfield, genrally most people in huddersfield support huddersfield which is shown by there support. us on the other hand mcfc mufc rochdale bury stockport fcum droylsden hyde staylbridge both ashton teams so on and so on, how many have huddersfield got #?

you are a clown, manchester united and manchester city have a much bigger fan base in oldham than huddersfield, genrally most people in huddersfield support huddersfield which is shown by there support. us on the other hand mcfc mufc rochdale bury stockport fcum droylsden hyde staylbridge both ashton teams so on and so on, how many have huddersfield got #?

of course - and hudders population is the same as all Greater Manchester isnt it?

no but the fact most of oldham support city or scum and most of huddersfield support huddersfield says it all !!!

Nah we're no where near Leeds, Bradford, Barnsley, Sheff wed, Sheff Utd and all the Manchester clubs are we? :unsure: There are a LOT of people in Huddersfield who support Man Utd/Chelsea etc...

no but the fact most of oldham support city or scum and most of huddersfield support huddersfield says it all !!!

You'd be surprised how many Latics fans there are in Oldham, Lee. The problem is getting them to BP - not everyone in the town supports United and City, too may 'Latics' fans simply like to sit on their arses or come out for a big game only...

Nah we're no where near Leeds, Bradford, Barnsley, Sheff wed, Sheff Utd and all the Manchester clubs are we? :unsure: There are a LOT of people in Huddersfield who support Man Utd/Chelsea etc...

Do you really want to compare the distances between you and these clubs and then Oldham and our closest clubs?

Think you know really that United and City are a much bigger problem for us than they are for you. Leeds dont really pose the same kind of competition as they aint on TV all the time and as for the sheffield clubs we might aswell start talking about the two liverpool clubs

you are right there by saying you are nowhere near . .

There are areas between Barnsley and Hudders that have a good mix of fans from both clubs. FACT

yeh just drive down Wakefield Road and you will come across towns as big as Rochdale/Bury etc, not including a city the size of Manchester though :wink:

Hudds' ground shows what a good council can do for you- but then again your councillors are probably Hudds fans, unlike Oldham's.

The rest is down to a bloke with mega-millions who is in it for love as opposed to 3 blokes with probably less money combined who were in it for a property deal. A decent commercial manager who realises its 2011, as opposed to some bloke who despite working his socks off isn't in the same league and hasn't been for about 3 or 4 years.

17 years ago, aside from Leeds, who despite not currently being a Premier League club have everything else but the team, we were Hudds nearest PL club. (These days its some team that is owned by a very rich Arab). The distance from Huddersfield to their nearest current PL club is 21.0 miles, we have 4 within that, plus 1 0.6 miles further.

Without the SL team Hudds basically admit they wouldn't have their current ground- since the Giants own it more than town do. In 1997 Oldham's RL team finsihed bottom of SL, and were rightly relegated, however, the team who finished above Oldham, PSG went bust- but their place in SL was given to some team who finished 4th in the league below. That team was the Giants, so maybe the difference in the structure isn't all down to football and footballing matters.

However, the Terriers have done well with the hand that they were dealt- Latics on the other hand, haven't.

Hudds' ground shows what a good council can do for you- but then again your councillors are probably Hudds fans, unlike Oldham's.

The rest is down to a bloke with mega-millions who is in it for love as opposed to 3 blokes with probably less money combined who were in it for a property deal. A decent commercial manager who realises its 2011, as opposed to some bloke who despite working his socks off isn't in the same league and hasn't been for about 3 or 4 years.

17 years ago, aside from Leeds, who despite not currently being a Premier League club have everything else but the team, we were Hudds nearest PL club. (These days its some team that is owned by a very rich Arab). The distance from Huddersfield to their nearest current PL club is 21.0 miles, we have 4 within that, plus 1 0.6 miles further.

Without the SL team Hudds basically admit they wouldn't have their current ground- since the Giants own it more than town do. In 1997 Oldham's RL team finsihed bottom of SL, and were rightly relegated, however, the team who finished above Oldham, PSG went bust- but their place in SL was given to some team who finished 4th in the league below. That team was the Giants, so maybe the difference in the structure isn't all down to football and footballing matters.

However, the Terriers have done well with the hand that they were dealt- Latics on the other hand, haven't.

Excellent post rudemedic

I had forgotten it was Giants who were given PSG's place though not how bitter it felt that it was not Roughyeds who got it.