21 years ago tonight

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Mine's 12 weeks. Her mum'd throttle me if I tried taking her tonight :lol:

Give her a pie, she'll soon warm up!!

Mine is still going at 6 years old and wasn't very impressed when her bet didn't come in on Saturday, that was after having her pie and throwing beer at strangers. I'm not quite sure what Latics has turned her into :grin::grin:

Ha! That was what I thought last night Savage when I realised it was 21 years!!

Ad Rick, I must have been stood near you. Always used to stand there cause it was the most raucous place in the ground but was always a bit terrified by the surge down the stand when we scored and the ensuing backward scramble up the concrete as people pushed back. It wasn't too bad when there was room to move your feet but on nights like West Ham and Soton when we were packed in like sardines, it was proper scary for a 14/15 year old! :unsure:

We used to stand a bit further back (ont wood) and used to enjoy petrifying the 14/15 year olds in front of us by surging as far down as we could whenever we scored. It was also a great way of wrestling some space back around where you were stood. :D

I Used to meet up with some proper top blokes - Martin (posts on here occassionally), Big Gaz, Craig and a few others. We even used to have a couple of Doris's join us on regular occassions.

They were magical times and it makes me glad that I remember them :) , but sad that they are a thing of the past :disappointed:

It was a great night to be in the Chaddy.

Do you remember the "We thought we had scored" song from the Hammers fans when they were 5 or 6 goals down.

We were in the pub after the game watching the highlights on the telly as were a bunch of Hammers fans who took the beating with remarkable good nature.

The return leg was a strange feeling, we were well beaten 3-0 but still celebrating getting to the final. I forked out for the posh seats but wish I'd been with the majority of Latics fans, they seemed to enjoy the loss more than me.

We used to stand a bit further back (ont wood) and used to enjoy petrifying the 14/15 year olds in front of us by surging as far down as we could whenever we scored. It was also a great way of wrestling some space back around where you were stood. :D

I Used to meet up with some proper top blokes - Martin (posts on here occassionally), Big Gaz, Craig and a few others. We even used to have a couple of Doris's join us on regular occassions.

They were magical times and it makes me glad that I remember them :) , but sad that they are a thing of the past :disappointed:

That's cos you're a complete :censored: :censored: Rick! :grin:

Happy days! Still got all my old ticket stubs from that season in an envelope somewhere.