21 years ago tonight

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

One of the best nights in Boundary Park history as goals from Adams, Ritchie, Barrett, Holden, Palmer and Ritchie saw West Ham trounced 6-0.

Would be nice to see again tomorrow.

West ham goals start at 5.30

21 years,I'm getting old :disappointed:

One of the best nights in Boundary Park history as goals from Adams, Ritchie, Barrett, Holden, Palmer and Ritchie saw West Ham trounced 6-0.

Would be nice to see again tomorrow.

West ham goals start at 5.30

Stood in the Main Stand Paddock. Chaddy End side. What a night!

Yooo hooo, Julian! :unsure::wink:

Remember it well, Phil Parkes in goal as Ludo was injured

Top left of as you look at it from the pitch ........... "Has Macari had a bet" timeless.....

Was it Earl who set us on our way or Neil Adams?

Adams,I was ball boy that season,but that's another story :grin:

I missed the game as I was too young then but I was allowed to stay up and listen to Piccadilly Radio and commentary from Stuart Pyke. I listened to most of the cup games that season on the radio, only seeing the FA Cup Semi's on the tv and the Littlewoods Cup Final live. I wouldn't change it at all.

If we won 6-0 every week in major cup semi-finals no-one woudlcare. But we don't and they do. And, yes I was there; probably my favourite Latics night ever.

i was there in the chaddy end..fantastic night.as was most of the games in those seasons....was just amazing to be a part of it....

you must have been stood near me

And me - probably half way Up left side of chaddy.

Remember going to return leg on one of Latics coaches and it dropped us right outside the Boleyn pub mid afternoon for a 7.30 kickoff! Pretty scary stuff after a 6-0 drubbing!

Edited by ajw65

I was sat right in the corner of the lookers about 10 seats in and 2 rows from the back on the chaddy side, probably about level with the edge of the box. It was an amazing. It is a shame we will never have a side that good again :disappointed:

Was there that night back of the chaddy singin my heart out "has macari had a bet" "wheres your handbag julien " "were going to wembley twice". One of the best nights ever at boundary park if your to young to of been there times the atmosphere at goodison after maccas goal by ten. amazing night Watched my old vhs copy of this and southampton away only last week still get that same buz even now .

Was there that night back of the chaddy singin my heart out "has macari had a bet" "wheres your handbag julien " "were going to wembley twice". One of the best nights ever at boundary park if your to young to of been there times the atmosphere at goodison after maccas goal by ten. amazing night Watched my old vhs copy of this and southampton away only last week still get that same buz even now .

I was thinking along similar lines. younger fans today just won't be able to imagine what that night was like.

incredible team, incredible night, incredible atmosphere. will we ever see the like again?

I was in the lookers near the hammers fans. when it got to 4-0 I remember a grizzled, middle aged fella standing up on his seat & dropping his trousers to literally wave his tackle at the pitch.

horrifyingly gruesome & yet hysterical.