New midfielder

should give Medi a go instead of wasting a wage on this new guy

Medi's a fullback. I'd prefer to see Jones given a go I thought he played well last time I saw him (Brentford).

I doubt we'll be paying much for this new guy anyway - WBA are probably covering his wages in the hope that he gets some first team action.

Exactly what I was thinking! I've seen enough of Jones to have come to the overwhelming conclusion that he's crap, but surely Medi has got to be a better option than an 18 year old kid from West Brom...

this is the thing thought , Jones is a Centre mid and has been all his career , thats where he was playing week in week out for Hartlepool when the figure of nearly £500,000 was being thrown about !

Fans are writing Jones off because of a few bad games out of position !

I suppose every season we need a boo boy and hes it

Medi's a fullback. I'd prefer to see Jones given a go I thought he played well last time I saw him (Brentford).

I doubt we'll be paying much for this new guy anyway - WBA are probably covering his wages in the hope that he gets some first team action.

if medi a fullback stick him at fullback and put lee in cm,we had options,we crying out for a striker and we get another midfielder,pd gets a thumbs down for this one from me

STOURBRIDGE-born Mantom signed his first pro contract in May 2010 and later that month linked up with newly-promoted Icelandic top-flight side Haukar on loan until mid-June.

He made his senior debut for Albion in their Carling Cup second-round 2-0 win at Leyton Orient the following August and walked away with the man-of-the-match honours.

His impressive midfield performances for Albion reserves last term saw him earn call-ups to three first-team matchday squads.

He's been with the club since Under-12s level and won a call up for England Under-17s in August 2008.

He is a central-midfielder who has good awareness and vision.

He is a good passer of the ball and technically good.

this is the thing thought , Jones is a Centre mid and has been all his career , thats where he was playing week in week out for Hartlepool when the figure of nearly £500,000 was being thrown about !

+1

I think Jones has a lot to offer and Hartlepool fans raved about him in the middle.

What has put me off him is that, when he does play, he looks disinterested, lightweight and frightened to death of making a tackle. I can excuse the out of position bit but not the lack of effort...

http://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/page/NewsUpdate/0,,10337~2295545,00.html

I think that's the last loan we're allowed.

According to WBA it is a "youth loan". Found the following on another website.

Full details of the regulations can be found here:

http://www.football-league.co.uk/reg...800_2125731#50

Key highlights are:

- No more than 5 loan players in a match squad

- A club can have a maximum of 4 Players under 23 and a further 4 Players over 23 on loan (ie max of 8 players on loan)

- No more than 4 loans in from a single club (of which only 2 may be over 23)

The above 4 + 4 maximum is only in respect of standard loans. There is no limit on the number of emergency loans and youth loans.

Edited by LaticsPete