old firm tonight

Celtic have trashed more than their fair share of away seats including at Man Citeh in the pre season a couple of seasons ago.

As much as I abhor violence against football seats, this not enough to sway me against Celtic in the broader scheme of things.

You know what, Diouf....there has never been a footballer I have disliked more. Ever. But as soon as he pulled on a Ranger's top this season, I dunno.....it's weird but all that dislike goes out of the window and now I find myself liking him and cheering him on. Never thought I'd be saying that just a few months ago.

And Scott Brown is a :censored:....until he signs for Oldham.

hehehehehe yeah Scott Brown is a horrible little get, if he played for anyone but Celtic (or us, obviously) i'd probably hate him. No-one's ever said that football fans have to be consistent or fair.

Is there any reliable evidence of the Celtic bench giving Diouf racist abuse? Genuine question, if it's true it's inexcusable, but my first thought when i heard this was remembering how he accused Everton fans of throwing bananas at him. As Dara O'Briain said at the time, "bananas are pretty traceable. They tend to leave a trail of bananas. And there seem to have been precious few bananas lying round."

hehehehehe yeah Scott Brown is a horrible little get, if he played for anyone but Celtic (or us, obviously) i'd probably hate him. No-one's ever said that football fans have to be consistent or fair.

Is there any reliable evidence of the Celtic bench giving Diouf racist abuse? Genuine question, if it's true it's inexcusable, but my first thought when i heard this was remembering how he accused Everton fans of throwing bananas at him. As Dara O'Briain said at the time, "bananas are pretty traceable. They tend to leave a trail of bananas. And there seem to have been precious few bananas lying round."

I doubt it will ever be found. Likewise we will never really know what happen between McCoist and Lennon, even if we guess till the end of time. Lennon has made a point of offering his hand, and also made a point of having a private word, then gone mental... Still, it was a cracking match.

I'm being slightly hypocrtical as a previous post of mine stated that Rangers and Celtic fans constantly attack the media at what they percieve as bias. However, in direct response to the question, a 30 second google search has found a couple of things immediately indicating racism towards EHD. Deplorable, whatever the cause or provocation.

celtic+graham+spiers+scotlands+shame+neil+lennon+green+brigade.jpgPolice are hunting Celtic fans who rained down racist abuse on a black Senegalese footballer at Celtic Park.

One Celtic fan on popular Celtic fansite Kerrydale Street commented that "The guy beside me was doing it as well."

Another Celtic regular claimed "Over the years I have heard a number of players being racially abused from individual supporters and it really is sickening."

One Celtic die hard added "doesnt suprise me one little bit, there are too many thick stupid Celtic fans kicking about these days

racistcelticfan.jpg

Diouf Racially Abused by Celtic Supporter

Lennon racist remark to Diouf

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WCoXyGPl_AM

Diouf Racially Abused by Celtic Supporter

Lennon racist remark to Diouf

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WCoXyGPl_AM

Lennon racist remark? That's evidence? Hahahahaha! Ask somebody to whisper "Elephant Juice" to you, watch their lips, and the other youtube clip is clear evidence that Diouf is a diving cheating :censored:. As for the audible remark "Black Bastard!" well, that ain't the first, neither will it be the last time I've heard that being shouted at a footy game - and I've never been to an old firm match. So to load the post making out that Celtic are the only ones that are guilty is rubbish. And I ain't sympathetic to Celtic either. You've been suckered into believing the propaganda. What a joke Rangers and Celtic are.

There was an excellent interview with Pat Nevin on 5 live on Friday. He was a Celtic fan & couldn't put up with the racism. He stopped supporting them.

Both sides are built on racist views.

Disgraceful that they are both allowed to get away with it.

• 2 weeks later...

Time to prepare for the Slurminator.

NB. Deserved to win to be fair. Not sure how the Celtic lad didn't go for the first clean through 'foul'. Once given it was an automatic red.

Commentator on Setanta said it was because he was going away from goal. Hmmmm. Not convinced.

Congratulations to Rangers, Celtic just weren't good enough. Could have played all night and not scored. What a horrible, horrible goal to win it. God it's been a :censored:e weekend. Again.

Commentator on Setanta said it was because he was going away from goal. Hmmmm. Not convinced.

Congratulations to Rangers, Celtic just weren't good enough. Could have played all night and not scored. What a horrible, horrible goal to win it. God it's been a :censored:e weekend. Again.

As a neutral, the winning goal was hilariously agonising. I can't think you could get much closer to missing and scoring in the same moment.

This still backs up what I've thought for ages. Walter Smith is a football genius. I'm not sure his team is much better than Hearts', but with him in charge they're streets ahead of us.

I guess we'll find out when Ally takes over.

Met Walter Smith and his wife in a shop a couple of days ago. She suggested he goes and chat to all the school kids staring thro the shop window at him. He spent the next half hour talking to them and signing their school bags even though they were in a rush. As much as I love all things Celtic I sincerely respect the guy for the time he gave to those kids and the friendly banter he had with the 'bhoys'. If only all Celtic Rangers banter omitted the bigotry and hatred.

P.S. Can't believe the bluenose tw@t abused Celtic supporting school kids and scribbled all over their school bags

Kudos to Walter. Hail Hail!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...