old firm tonight

Mr Diouf is a loveable rogue. To be fair (cough) I only saw the second half but the Hun really did look shockingly poor.

shame they had so many injuries Rangers, and the first sending off killed the game

Loved Bougherra's attempt to stay on the pitch by simply placing the card back in the ref's pocket. Was desperate for that copper at the end to just drag Diouf out of the way

felt a bit sorry for that ref, thought he had a decent game with everything he had to put up with :grin:

felt a bit sorry for that ref, thought he had a decent game with everything he had to put up with :grin:

I'd actually agree with that - thought Whittaker's first was wrong as was Bougherra's 2nd (although he should have gone for the stamp he got booked for anyway) but considering how much was going on he did alright. Reminded me of Howard Webb in the World Cup final

Celtic this season have brought bitterness, hatred and bigotry to an all new high. Their accusations of "masonic" bias towards them and associated referee intimidation, their coughing during the silence for the Ibrox disaster, the anti-poppy banners, and Lennon's outright thuggish behaviour have gone to far. Ally has acted with dignity throughout and tonight he has seen what he is up against. Rangers will no longer maintain the "dignified silence" which has long been their policy. Time for the tiger to stop having its tummy tickled and start fighting back. Beginning with the SPL on Sunday, Rangers are still in the driving seat, with one game to go at Ibrox.... Sod Europe, Sod the cups, just go out and win the league again Rangers. 53 and counting.

As for the game tonight, disapointed that Rangers only had a couple of shots on goal, but Celtic didnt do a lot to impress me, unlike a few weeks ago. Hopefully, Super Calley will beat them in the next round anyway.

Edited by slurms mckenzie

Celtic this season have brought bitterness, hatred and bigotry to an all new high. Their accusations of "masonic" bias towards them and associated referee intimidation, their coughing during the silence for the Ibrox disaster, the anti-poppy banners, and Lennon's outright thuggish behaviour have gone to far. Ally has acted with dignity throughout and tonight he has seen what he is up against. Rangers will no longer maintain the "dignified silence" which has long been their policy. Time for the tiger to stop having its tummy tickled and start fighting back. Beginning with the SPL on Sunday, Rangers are still in the driving seat, with one game to go at Ibrox.... Sod Europe, Sod the cups, just go out and win the league again Rangers. 53 and counting.

As for the game tonight, disapointed that Rangers only had a couple of shots on goal, but Celtic didnt do a lot to impress me, unlike a few weeks ago. Hopefully, Super Calley will beat them in the next round anyway.

Yes, and Jock Stein buggered your kitten. You've come out with it all before...

Loved Bougherra's attempt to stay on the pitch by simply placing the card back in the ref's pocket. Was desperate for that copper at the end to just drag Diouf out of the way

That cleared up the debate on here after the MK Dons game about whether you can be shown a red card after the final whistle. Cheers for that, El Hadj.

In the spirit of peace and non-bitterness, i hope Papac's injury wasn't as serious as it looked like it could have been. I'm sure it wasn't, they tend to use spinal boards and not take any chances with neck injuries.

Don't believe all you read and don't tar an overwelming majority of good people on the basis of a few idiots. Like certain media outlets who wilfully try to ruin Celtics reputation, you merely attempt to deflect heat from Rangers.

The biggest problem is the Old Firm tag, and the view that both clubs are “as bad as each other”. One of the men who pushed that myth hardest was Gordon Smith (fromer head of the SFA) who’s view on the Rangers fans and their choice of songs was so clearly ridiculous even Jim Traynor couldn't defend it, prompting him to famously ask, “Which part of F*** the Pope do you not think is sectarian?”

Gordon Smith went much further than that when he alleged Rangers get “harsher treatment” than Celtic when it comes to highlighting sectarianism; he was one of the most ardent pushers of the idea that both clubs are “as bad as each other”, a view which was useful in staving off the empty threat of SFA sanctions against clubs who’s fans engage in bigoted or racist behaviour. After all, if you accept the premise, how can you fine Rangers or dock them points when Celtic fans are “just as bad”?

Today the outrage of the Celtic support is focussed, correctly, on the News International chain, and one of the most biased and nakedly inflammatory acts of recent years was the attempt to put Celtic at the centre of a date rape allegation involving a Rangers player.

I am not going to discuss the case , or name the player involved, although everyone by now knows who it is; what is important here is that the press deliberately attempted to bind Celtic to the story, first with the use of the Old Firm tag to hide the fact the player in question plays for Rangers and, more seriously, to actually use a picture of Celtics stadium in the story in a further effort to mask the truth and, far worse, to wilfully give the false impression that the suspect was a Celtic player.

Mr Diouf is a loveable rogue. To be fair (cough) I only saw the second half but the Hun really did look shockingly poor.

The Hun. They're both a bit Birmingham City these days. Awful match the other week when Celtic won 3-0. Truly poor.

Rangers and Celtic should both be wound up. They serve no positive purpose.

I agree. Let's wind up the old firm. You're both rubbish!

etc.

Date rape allegations? Are you sure that your not mixed up with the Dundee United player? Or are you stating that it was not Neil Lennon who sent vile repulsive text messages threatening to kill a teenage girl who he impregnated and these were sent by a Rangers player? Or the paranoid theory that a recent front-page headline of a Celtic fan doing monkey impressions to EHD was in fact a photoshop set up by the "establishment" media. However, I have noticed that both sides of the support of the "Old Firm" believe that the media are out to get them and comment anything they can for points scoring purposes.

Edited by slurms mckenzie

I hate both of the old firm. Nasty horrible sides & fans.

But

Last night was fantastic. Average footballers kicking lumps out of each other. Tackles galore, arguments - that's what I want to see when they play each other.

Is there one to come at ibrox too? I hope so. Hopefully they can carry on from where they left off.

slurms. take your head out of the sand

I was there. I did the tour today and saw first hand the damage Bougherra has done to the tunnel after being sent off and kung fun kicking a part of it. Add to that the seats that have been booted out where the rangers fans were last night, as well as the tour guide stating that the toilets in the away end have been "dismantled". Yet you're laying all the "thuggish" comments on celtic.

Anyway. By far the best footballing experience of my life. Never experienced an atmosphere like that and probably wont again. Down the Gallowgate was mental before the game and that walk to the ground. Amazing atmosphere.

Should of been alot more than 1. Rangers were awful and once the first sending off happened there was only one winner. when a side takes 86 minutes to have a shot on target in a cup game you have to worry. enjoy the suspensions!

JUST CANT GET ENOUGH!!!

You know what, Diouf....there has never been a footballer I have disliked more. Ever. But as soon as he pulled on a Ranger's top this season, I dunno.....it's weird but all that dislike goes out of the window and now I find myself liking him and cheering him on. Never thought I'd be saying that just a few months ago.

And Scott Brown is a :censored:....until he signs for Oldham.

slurms. take your head out of the sand

I was there. I did the tour today and saw first hand the damage Bougherra has done to the tunnel after being sent off and kung fun kicking a part of it. Add to that the seats that have been booted out where the rangers fans were last night, as well as the tour guide stating that the toilets in the away end have been "dismantled". Yet you're laying all the "thuggish" comments on celtic.

Anyway. By far the best footballing experience of my life. Never experienced an atmosphere like that and probably wont again. Down the Gallowgate was mental before the game and that walk to the ground. Amazing atmosphere.

Should of been alot more than 1. Rangers were awful and once the first sending off happened there was only one winner. when a side takes 86 minutes to have a shot on target in a cup game you have to worry. enjoy the suspensions!

JUST CANT GET ENOUGH!!!

Rocky, If you take your head out of the sand, Celtic have trashed more than their fair share of away seats including at Man Citeh in the pre season a couple of seasons ago. After every single game at Ibrox, terrorist graffiti is all over the place, with damage to the seats. I wouldn't claim any moral high ground in this area.

I wasn't at the game, as I will never step foot inside that cesspit as long as I'm alive. However, you don't have to look far for evidence of racist abuse being given to EHD from the Celtic fans and staff. That kind of atmosphere I could do without. As for suspensions, enjoy Fuhrer Lennon's extended ban from the touchline.