Time for a rest?

Can't be surprised at not scoring recently with a striker who's scored about 6 all season and none for the last god knows how many weeks alongside a winger.

Omar can't hold the ball up due to his clumsy feet but will run all day for the team. The lad needs a co striker with decent control and quick feet who can play him in. Not ideal but I'd give Lewi a shot.

Cos his old man was a lumberjack.

Whatever happened to the pre season claim made by Dicky and Gerry that Brooke was going to be a 'big player for us this season'?

Bad injury and I don't think he's really recovered his fitness or form yet. He looked really good in pre-season, I was gutted when he got the injury in the Preston game. Next season is Brooke's make or break, this season has passed him by but not really his fault, just bad luck.

i think we should play an unfit, out-of-form defender upfront instead of two strikers we have on the bench as strikers

What was Dickov thinking? Trotman comes on to play up front so we can lump the ball forward - beggars belief - starting to question P Diddy's tactics at the moment - is he losing his grip?

Whatever happened to the pre season claim made by Dicky and Gerry that Brooke was going to be a 'big player for us this season'?

He got a bad injury in the pre-season game against Preston and has gone back to the old Brookey. It's a shame because up to that point in pre-season, he looked like he'd toughened up.

Why don't we give him a chance - three games on the bounce and let's see what happens - cannot be any worse than what we are currently seeing can it?

I'm all for giving players and managers a chance, but we can very easily say that the Irish lad was the force and that we have become inept since, which is a load of bollocks - obviously.

Along the same thought, Tounkara is not only a different player, but a better one - and when your job depends upon it you don't exort to just chance.

I would like us (unpopularly so) to keep giving Feeney a constant run - who is a more proven goalscorer, despite his special thread.

Did his dip in form coincide with MVoto leaving the club?

possibly....but pretty lame excuse if it is...

trotman came on up front probably to give us extra height and muscle in the hope he held it up to lay off for someone to pop it in...

says quite a lot of how much dickov no longer rates feeney.....and doesnt want to put brooke in the firing line when he isnt back to full fitness or confidence...reid hasnt really pushed on since arriving,if anything has gone backwards....

tonks will run and run but isnt a poacher....i would have brought smalley back to prove he can do it at this level with his confidence up,if chesterfield come up he wont come back here...only to play against us.

i would have brought smalley back to prove he can do it at this level with his confidence up,if chesterfield come up he wont come back here...only to play against us.

Now THAT is a very good point.

The lad is ours, and I'd rather the last chance saloon was at Boundary Park and not in Derbyshire*.

*Or is it in Yorkshire?

First choice strikers - Tonk and DJ Bembo. Linked up superbly earlier on in season before Bembo's injury, also think it might of helped Tonk in that Bembo can speak French aswell.. Anyone have any idea when DJ Bembo due to return? Him and Brooke could be our strike force next season..

Anyway, Tonk on the bench on sat, so the team would be..

Amos

Lee

Hazell

Tarky?

Black

Jones

Stephens

Furman

Taylor

Brooke

Alice

Now THAT is a very good point.

The lad is ours, and I'd rather the last chance saloon was at Boundary Park and not in Derbyshire*.

*Or is it in Yorkshire?

Right first time....Derbyshire. I'm not sure we can recall Smalley as the loan was for the rest of the season. I would have thought this is the last place he would want to come anyway and it's nailed on he will stay at Chesterfield.

I think you have to remember he's playing in the bottom division and may well have found his true level.

Shame the 'loan back Tom Eaves from Bolton' thing didn't work out

Maybe next season?

Now; as controversial as this might be – is Tom Eaves any better than we have right now? I’m really not sure he is; and as such; would he add anything different to our side; again; I’m not so sure he would?

Big lad, raw, unproven at this level, a very much ‘work in progress’, potential definitely but far from finished article.................we’ve already got one of those; and he starts most games for us. Tonk Vs Eaves; there’s really not much difference as i see it.

If we are to bring in a striker (and for what its worth I don’t think we will be able to financially) – then it has to be one that offers something new; be it searing pace, a fox in the box etc – as what’s the point in going like for like for what’s already here?

Now; as controversial as this might be – is Tom Eaves any better than we have right now? I’m really not sure he is; and as such; would he add anything different to our side; again; I’m not so sure he would?

Big lad, raw, unproven at this level, a very much ‘work in progress’, potential definitely but far from finished article.................we’ve already got one of those; and he starts most games for us. Tonk Vs Eaves; there’s really not much difference as i see it.

If we are to bring in a striker (and for what its worth I don’t think we will be able to financially) – then it has to be one that offers something new; be it searing pace, a fox in the box etc – as what’s the point in going like for like for what’s already here?

Eaves probably has better finishing than Tonk..