new site

The bishops is mates with Mr Newman hence the name, sad but true.

Back onto the stadium, I doubt Oldham Council are going to knock down the almost brand new and state of art special school based on the Kaskenmoor site. Never going to happen. Newbridge cost £8.2mill 5 years ago, not happening unless SC wants to replace it elsewhere at his cost.

More bollocks I am afraid.

There speaks a soul which has never found peace over being mercilessly taunted about his bright red jumper and the nancy name of his senior school...

They only changed the name in my 5th year so I didn't have to wear that stupid "In bod we sever" jumper. To be fair I didn't wear the Henshaws uniform either but as I was a good kid the teachers let it slide.

Who says we'd have a cinema and football pitches as self-sufficiant facilities on the grounds of any new ground? A smaller site could mean different facilities being planned.

erm....go back to the first page of the thread then scroll down until you find it....i think you will find it wasnt me...

but i do know oldham council would like those facilities in the borough,and this would be an ideal oppertunity for it to happen.....but for what its worth..i cant see it happening there,as the special needs school is newish,and wouldnt be knocked down....

erm....go back to the first page of the thread then scroll down until you find it....i think you will find it wasnt me...

but i do know oldham council would like those facilities in the borough,and this would be an ideal oppertunity for it to happen.....but for what its worth..i cant see it happening there,as the special needs school is newish,and wouldnt be knocked down....

Certainly not when it cost £8 million English Pounds! (Ish!)

Yeah, Newy's or Cardy's!!! On a serious note i'm worried of the proximity to The Radclyffe School - it could be a recipe for disaster, I still remember the punch-ups we used to have at St. Augustines when we used to have regular 'meets' with Kaskemoor and Failsworth students intent on bashing the 'left-footers' bearing in mind loads of us were off Fitton Hill and Limeside they invariably were seen off with their tails between their legs….

how far back ya wanna go....i remember having battle with st anselms....before it went to st augustines,i was at south chad...

I was at Anselms as well - though can't remember many 'rucks' with South Chadderton? Still I was probably hiding behind a tree somewhere anyway!!

hahah,i was there from 78 to 80,then moved down to butterworth lane...

no 8 million is a lot to wipe out and i doubt our stupid council are that stupid.....

however albert street is industrial,and were the gas chamber used to be,plus the scrub land,now if they relocated the buinesses that are on one side which back onto mersey road north is it???? then add in the old gas works yard it self which runs adjacent to hollinwood avenue,then that would be a decent sized site,get everything they want,and be a marquee regeneration project,and the school never needs to be touched...

My money is still on the beal valley golf course just road access is a problem, but not alot of near by residents.

Bullcote Lane is crying out for a widening....I remember it as a one cart track..its tarmac now but still a one cart track although they have traffic lights on it now.

Its a busy road these days esp at rush hour. Widen the thing and stick the new stadium where the non existent golf course should have been

Bullcote Lane is crying out for a widening....I remember it as a one cart track..its tarmac now but still a one cart track although they have traffic lights on it now.

Its a busy road these days esp at rush hour. Widen the thing and stick the new stadium where the non existent golf course should have been

Apparently, it's a flood plain !!?? Although, that doesn't stop a road and railway line running through it. Flood plain, my arse. Marshy ground, maybe.

Apparently, it's a flood plain !!?? Although, that doesn't stop a road and railway line running through it. Flood plain, my arse. Marshy ground, maybe.

Half the houses they have been trying to build in the SE of England over the last decade are in flood plains, to say nothing of the City of London, and most Japanese nuclear power plants. But if you put a football ground on one the world will EEEEEEENNNNDDDDDD.

i can put my money on none of these happening.. ever

So where will we end up Lee stuck at BP forever?

As for the Beal Valley being a flood plain because its just a pile of rubble yes when it rains puddles get ovefilled. If you use to go past it on a train there was a bit of water on the side but have never heard anymore moan, complain or near by be evacauted because of it.

Frankapan you are right about the need for Bullcote Lane to be widened.

hahah,i was there from 78 to 80,then moved down to butterworth lane...

no 8 million is a lot to wipe out and i doubt our stupid council are that stupid.....

however albert street is industrial,and were the gas chamber used to be,plus the scrub land,now if they relocated the buinesses that are on one side which back onto mersey road north is it???? then add in the old gas works yard it self which runs adjacent to hollinwood avenue,then that would be a decent sized site,get everything they want,and be a marquee regeneration project,and the school never needs to be touched...

:shock: That's a bit of local history I wasn't aware of