Next season

I found a comment on his facebook and posted it on here somewhere, but basically said along the lines of Stephens won't be playing for us again. :disappointed:

What's Furman been saying? If we go off what most on here think, we won't even have a club next season never mind loan players!
Edited by OAFC_Rob

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We don't get to agree a transfer fee for Smalley, because he's not under contract. Anyone wanting to sign him has to pay compensation as he's under 24, though. I'm just not sure that that compensation will be any more than a nominal fee.

I'm pretty sure there's not a fixed formula for compensation, but I doubt we'd hold out for much, because no tribunal is going to value him that much.

We don't get to agree a transfer fee for Smalley, because he's not under contract. Anyone wanting to sign him has to pay compensation as he's under 24, though. I'm just not sure that that compensation will be any more than a nominal fee.

I'm pretty sure there's not a fixed formula for compensation, but I doubt we'd hold out for much, because no tribunal is going to value him that much.

Maybe PD can use the 'compensation' fee to treat the lads to a night out at the dogs :wink:

Good news is, it won't be for nowt if he does decide to move on. So long as we offer him a written contract equal to the one he was onChesterfield will have to agree a fee with us or have it go to a tribunal.

FIFY. I know its pedantic but I bet Everton wish they had been more pedantic.

2 from Taylor, Furman, Lee & Stephens will have to go to see us through the summer and early part of next season.

Seems like Stephens is off so +1 of the others at least.

Edited by Butter

We've been saying this for three years...

Indeed.

When Leeds were mooted as interested it was ‘i can see him going’. When Sheff Utd were mooted; it was ‘I can see him going’. When Blackpool actually bid; it was ‘i can see him going’. When Scunthorpe bid for him; again it was ‘i can see him going’.

Through all that; he’s still here.

I’m not for one moment saying he isn’t one of our more saleable assets; because he is. Its just that as a staunch Latics fans; he wont just go at the drop of a hat. The deal would have to be right for both CT & the club – he would ‘do the dirty’ on the club he clearly loves.

It’s pretty simple that of the players left at the club over the summer only Stephens, Taylor, Lee & Furman * have the ability & talent to be considered ‘saleable’ – players who could command a fee if a club(s) were interested. Of those; and this is pure speculation on my part based on what I know & have heard – Lee is unlikely to move out of the area & Taylor’s Latics’ allegiances mean those two for me are the most likely to stay. Stephens is a goner isn’t he; be it to Southampton or elsewhere; and with his performances (& the small matter of goal of the year award to his name); Dean Furman will surely attract interest this summer – and given the fact he can count London, Glasgow, Bradford & Oldham as ‘homes’ during his short career; moving around doesn’t seem to bother him too much. I think another one will be leaving with Stephens for a fee – and my money is onit being Furman.

+ * if we offer contracts to Alessandra & Smalley; but they move elsewhere; as has been mentioned, we’ll be entitled to some compensation too – granted it’ll be pretty nominal but still; all counts eh? Is it the same also for Tarkowski and Winchester too; if they go to another club this summer – wont we be in line for some compo for them too??

cant see Lewi being here next year, his omission from the squad on Saturday said it all for me . Although he signed a 3 year contract last year didnt he ?

Nope:

He was a regular in the reserve squad, receiving a contract extension in the summer of 2008. The club awarded the youngster a three year contract.

So, out of contract this summer too.....

Nope:

He was a regular in the reserve squad, receiving a contract extension in the summer of 2008. The club awarded the youngster a three year contract.

So, out of contract this summer too.....

bloody hell , time flies I thought it was last season he signed the 3 year deal

Edited by razza699

bloody hell , time flies I thought it was last season he signed the 3 year deal

Only seems like yesterday when he bagged a great hat-trick against Scunny doesnt it? He's never kicked on from that has he (for a variety of reasons)....and for that reason I reckon he's on his way at the end of this season.

A big shame as I rate him.

I can see Taylor going.

I'm pretty sure Kieran Lee will go. It seemed strange that we offered him a new deal during such difficult times. I won't be surprised if it's another Tom Eaves bog paper contract.

Like Tom eaves and Stephens then ? I carnt see it myself.

I wouldnt mind our team being made of a mix of experience and hungry young players who would run themselves ragged for 90 minutes.

Im sure they woudnt do an Evina and want to leave the pitch after getting slighty hurt against Petboro, that was disgusting,

I wouldnt mind our team being made of a mix of experience and hungry young players who would run themselves ragged for 90 minutes.

Im sure they woudnt do an Evina and want to leave the pitch after getting slighty hurt against Petboro, that was disgusting,

yeh , because you knew exactly how Evina felt and what the physio had said about it ? . He should have played on , got an even worse injury and been out for the season

yeh , because you knew exactly how Evina felt and what the physio had said about it ? . He should have played on , got an even worse injury and been out for the season

Razza if a ball kicked in stomach has to make you go off then fair do;s

Razza if a ball kicked in stomach has to make you go off then fair do;s

It really depends on how hard the ball was kicked at his stomach. Someone Evina's size could be really hurt by that and. A ball hit hard enough in the stomach could cause internal bleeding in the stomach but it didn't get that far but it's something that could happen.

It really depends on how hard the ball was kicked at his stomach. Someone Evina's size could be really hurt by that and. A ball hit hard enough in the stomach could cause internal bleeding in the stomach but it didn't get that far but it's something that could happen.

No Lee, Evina is a weak and subbed himself obviously

:unsure:

Oh behave – he wussed out big time; end of. His head was down as it was; we were 5 nil down; he didn’t want to know and he used a ball to the nuts as an excuse for not wanting to come back on. I was really disappointed with him – Taggart & PD were slightly more animated (to say the least!) – it was poor all round from him & he (Evina) went down in my estimations after that.

He has made a good fist of getting back into my good books after that run for the 2nd goal on sat mind!!

1.) IIRC It wasn't his stomach more like his gentleman's area it was a bit too low for it to be stomach/solar plexus.

2.) There wasn't long left and that's the sort of injury which takes at least 5 minutes to recover from, if he had subbed himself off with 30 minutes to go that would have been bad but whilst it meant we had 10 men whilst he was off (and I think he came back on) I don't think he could have contributed much in that time.

1.) IIRC It wasn't his stomach more like his gentleman's area it was a bit too low for it to be stomach/solar plexus.

2.) There wasn't long left and that's the sort of injury which takes at least 5 minutes to recover from, if he had subbed himself off with 30 minutes to go that would have been bad but whilst it meant we had 10 men whilst he was off (and I think he came back on) I don't think he could have contributed much in that time.

He was a big fairy puff tart and can't believe anybody is arguing this!! He kept looking over to the bench while theactrically holding his noodle area a good 5 mins after the incident. There was at least a good 15 mins left in the game too! The factthat Taggarts head nearly blew off and he didn't start the next game go to confirm this.

Evina pulls out of challenges all the time and he definately wanted out rather than playing out the game able to come off with a bit of dignity.

Yes the run for the second goal does earn him a bit of a repreive but so far for me he has flattered to deceive. Yeah he is pacy and can go on a good run every now and then but we look much more assured and solid with black in the team and his forward play isn't too far behind that of Cedric. I am struggling to find too many positives, the 'rocket' shot which the keeper should have saved and having a storming second half against (I forget some help please) where the balls he was getting into the box were 1st class. If he could toughene up a bit he would improve his game no end. that said it is great to have some compettition at left back.

He was a big fairy puff tart and can't believe anybody is arguing this!! He kept looking over to the bench while theactrically holding his noodle area a good 5 mins after the incident. There was at least a good 15 mins left in the game too! The factthat Taggarts head nearly blew off and he didn't start the next game go to confirm this.

Evina pulls out of challenges all the time and he definately wanted out rather than playing out the game able to come off with a bit of dignity.

Yes the run for the second goal does earn him a bit of a repreive but so far for me he has flattered to deceive. Yeah he is pacy and can go on a good run every now and then but we look much more assured and solid with black in the team and his forward play isn't too far behind that of Cedric. I am struggling to find too many positives, the 'rocket' shot which the keeper should have saved and having a storming second half against (I forget some help please) where the balls he was getting into the box were 1st class. If he could toughene up a bit he would improve his game no end. that said it is great to have some compettition at left back.

yeh , lets bring back wingers like Kiegan Parker and Joe Colbeck ! Evina is :censored: !