Yoofs come from 3-1 to win 6-3 at Carlisle

Yoofs win 6-3 at Carlisle, even though the kids were 3-1 down at half-time, but within 4 minutes of the re-start the fledgling blues were back level at 3-3. It sounded like Philly's lads were in control even when they were behind. A brace from Schoolboy Mcintosh, pacy and powerful apparently and a couple from Kyle Riley, before a stunner from Sutherland and an injury time strike from Jack Laird nicked a 6th to seal the points and a rampant second-half. Sounded like a very good performance from the young 'uns. (It really could have been 9 or 10 from how it sounded, complete domination and it bodes well for many of the Schoolies who will become next season's youth team crop)

Yoofs win 6-3 at Carlisle, even though the kids were 3-1 down at half-time, but within 4 minutes of the re-start the fledgling blues were back level at 3-3. It sounded like Philly's lads were in control even when they were behind. A brace from Schoolboy Mcintosh, pacy and powerful apparently and a couple from Kyle Riley, before a stunner from Sutherland and an injury time strike from Jack Laird nicked a 6th to seal the points and a rampant second-half. Sounded like a very good performance from the young 'uns. (It really could have been 9 or 10 from how it sounded, complete domination and it bodes well for many of the Schoolies who will become next season's youth team crop)

The Carlisle commentators were full of praise for Mcintosh, not seen him myself but others back up his potential.

Carlton has both of those.

Eaves - big powerful, scored, not injury prone.

Wolfy - Small, Fast, :censored:e, Injury Prone.

I think 24hours point was that Wolfy had both pace and a good goalscoring record too.

Let's just wait and see. A good record in the kids has not spelt out a successful career at Latics or elsewhere for many/any of the crop of the last few years.

Chris Hall was prolific in the youths, scored plenty in reserve football too.

Matty Barlow was even more prolific in the youths....

Look where they ended up

This lad, McIntosh - having watched him for his 45mins for reserves on Tues night - as I've posted elsewhere, there looks to be plenty to work with but he is incredibly raw. I don't recall a manager having to do so much in-game coaching to a player before; as Dux was to the young lad. BUT - at 16 years of age; time is on his side - and working with TP & Mick Priest every day, well - he has as good as chance as anyone eh?

Let's not get giddy here and start proclaiming the 2nd coming with this young lad....in a season, 2 seasons time; he may have developed sufficiently to stake a claim for 1st team football - at present, I think it wold be way; way too soon to expect to see him in the team next year.