Whilst not defending Brill, what I would say is that people were happy when Ben Amos was brought in, but for me, he was no better than Dean Brill.

Some of the goals Amos conceeded and I'm thinking Southampton and Sheffied Wednesday were schoolboy stuff. Amos gets away without being barracked, probably because "he's played for youuuunited in the Champions League you know" whilst Brill is greeted with major slagging off both at the game and on the message boards.

At the end of the day the decision as to whether Brill stays or goes will come down to 1 thing and that is can PD bring in a better keeper within his budget.

There again Brill may well decide to move of his own accord, particularly after some of the :censored: he has recieved and in all honesty who could blame him

But to be fair to Amos, he didn't really have a settled defence in front of him, whereas Brill's return to form has coincided with the return of MVoto coming back.

But to be fair to Amos, he didn't really have a settled defence in front of him, whereas Brill's return to form has coincided with the return of MVoto coming back.

A fair point, but if Brill had conceeded some of the goals that Amos did, or indeed made some of the other mistakes that Amos did, then he would have been slaughtered.

I have little doubt that Amos is a better all round goalkeeper than Brill.

Accepting the 3 Sheffield Wednesday goals and the second Southampton goal as being down to Amos, he made much greater efforts to dominate his box than Brill, was more vocal in an organisational way than Brill and, for me, seemed more aware of what was happening in front of him. I liked a lot of what I saw in the lad.

But Amos isn't our keeper.

I've not been to the last couple of away games, but have read text commentary that says "Stunning save by Dean Brill" in both of them. These text commentaries are usual turgid messages that rarely use adjectives, let alone words like "stunning". Home games have seen us concede very few, but Brill has made the saves you expect and some that you don't expect. There's a vague element of blame around Walsall's Easter Monday goal - personally I think the keeper should have charged through the crowd to claim it - but Brill isn't one to dominate the box so those in front of him should have sorted it for him.

If Dickov has identified a better keeper that he knows he can get for whatever budget there is, then great - let's change it. But we could do a lot worse than Dean Brill and most of his howlers were before December 2009. We shouldn't forget that.

Why?

Seen him play a couple of times and he looks more than decent.

Obviously well thought of at Rovers to be given a deal until 2014, every chance he'll be available for loan again next season and isn't going to cost the earth.

Brill still lives in Luton so he might head back down that way, maybe even re-sign for Luton if they get promoted.

I'd like to see us go after this lad

http://www.rovers.co.uk/page/ReserveProfiles/0,,10303~1707390,00.html

haha luton fans don't like him, said he was on a ridiculously high wage and was to blame for quite alot of goals that meant they was relegated to conference..

Seen him play a couple of times and he looks more than decent.

Obviously well thought of at Rovers to be given a deal until 2014, every chance he'll be available for loan again next season and isn't going to cost the earth.

Only problem is that we'd still need a keeper of our own. Can't rely on a loan keeper being available (as happened with Amos). Can't see Ollerenshaw staying and Gerrard's definitely a backup's backup, so we'd still need Brill or A N Other permanent signing.

I have little doubt that Amos is a better all round goalkeeper than Brill.

Accepting the 3 Sheffield Wednesday goals and the second Southampton goal as being down to Amos, he made much greater efforts to dominate his box than Brill, was more vocal in an organisational way than Brill and, for me, seemed more aware of what was happening in front of him. I liked a lot of what I saw in the lad.

But Amos isn't our keeper.

I've not been to the last couple of away games, but have read text commentary that says "Stunning save by Dean Brill" in both of them. These text commentaries are usual turgid messages that rarely use adjectives, let alone words like "stunning". Home games have seen us concede very few, but Brill has made the saves you expect and some that you don't expect. There's a vague element of blame around Walsall's Easter Monday goal - personally I think the keeper should have charged through the crowd to claim it - but Brill isn't one to dominate the box so those in front of him should have sorted it for him.

If Dickov has identified a better keeper that he knows he can get for whatever budget there is, then great - let's change it. But we could do a lot worse than Dean Brill and most of his howlers were before December 2009. We shouldn't forget that.

Surely this can be said of all 'keepers with most of the goals that go in?

We seem to be quite good at pointing the finger towards Brill when we concede a soft goal. Maybe it would be better if Brill was moved on, because his position seems a bit unredeemable here, with the fans anyway.

I actually think he organises the defence quite well - his organisation of the defence was one of the positives that came out of the Exeter game.

I don't think wholesale changes of the squad help build for the forth-coming season. Brill's a decent 'keeper at this level and we've spent a few years training him up now - if we release him it means another club will benefit from the years of coaching we've given him. We don't need a new number one - other areas of the team need strengthening more urgently.

other areas of the team need strengthening more urgently

Can't argue with that.

Creating chances and having a shot at goal being top of the list.

Personally I'd keep Hazell. I'd hazard a guess Kieron Lee has made more errors that have led to goals being conceded this season :wink: .

Having just watched the BBC's highlights of the Swindon game it looked to me like Brill had an absolute blinder. We could've been three or four down but for his saves — and the centre halves need to take a long hard look at themselves for the mistakes that led to a couple of those chances.

I'm on the "keep" side. He's a good keeper. Yes he's a confidence player but many are, and unless an absolute star turns up in our price range (unlikely) I'm not sure we're going to do any better than swap like with like.

Having just watched the BBC's highlights of the Swindon game it looked to me like Brill had an absolute blinder. We could've been three or four down but for his saves — and the centre halves need to take a long hard look at themselves for the mistakes that led to a couple of those chances.

I'm on the "keep" side. He's a good keeper. Yes he's a confidence player but many are, and unless an absolute star turns up in our price range (unlikely) I'm not sure we're going to do any better than swap like with like.

He did, we was BRILLiant ( pretty :censored: i know ) but he also made a few mistakes which most probably wouldnt of been shown. he is a good keeper its took me long enough to start to like him, keep him unless someone with better quailty comes available.

Would you give him a new contract?,been pretty solid since coming back into the team or would you get rid?

No one would deny that Brill had a nightmare start at BP. Unfortunately this appears to have coloured people's opinions to this day. He's a decent shot stopper, is excellent on one on one situations but is prone to dithering on his line. Watching the FLS goalkeepers make gaffs every week, Gomez is PL and cocks up quite often. If people stopped trying to find fault with Brill for every single goal we concede they may very well see a decent keeper at League 1 level. I'd keep him.

brill and hazell both need to go - we need as much quality on our budget as we can get and i am sure we can do better than those two.

Dickov is not shy at being ruthless and I am sure he will be regards contracts

Tarkowski is nowhere near ready to take over from Hazell. He's made quite a few errors which he has got away with, and he's quite slow for his age. He's ok for backup, but nor a regular. If people think Hazell isn't good enough then we would need to look elsewhere for a replacement.