Latics vs. MK Dons

2hwmnpc.jpg

MK Dons warmed up for their play-off challenge with a victory over Oldham. Angelo Balanta put the visitors in front with a cool finish following Adam Clayton's pass, which deflected off of Carl Winchester and into his path. Winchester levelled with a long-range finish for his first senior goal, before 18-year-old Keanu Marsh-Brown fired home the winner from 20 yards. Oldham manager Paul Dickov made a late substitute appearance to end his playing career at the age of 38.

I was at the game, i suppose because we finished in mid table obscurity theres no interest. Two highlights of the game, young Carl Winchester's bullet goal from distance, did "our wee country" proud and Dickov's stepping onto the pitch to a standing ovation from both sets of fans.

I was at the game, i suppose because we finished in mid table obscurity theres no interest. Two highlights of the game, young Carl Winchester's bullet goal from distance, did "our wee country" proud and Dickov's stepping onto the pitch to a standing ovation from both sets of fans.

Cheers Mark. Maybe so, but for people like me who couldn't make it, it's even more depressing that those that could make it, couldn't be arsed talking about it. Ahh well.

Cheers Mark. Maybe so, but for people like me who couldn't make it, it's even more depressing that those that could make it, couldn't be arsed talking about it. Ahh well.

Match-Report:-

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz, spent most of it pissing about on my iphone……good attempt at an atmosphere in the RRE….

Match-Report:-

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz, spent most of it pissing about on my iphone……good attempt at an atmosphere in the RRE….

hands blistered yet again but didnt work out too well gave up in the end:(

Edited by LaticsLee

Sorry Frankly, after the game, we all piled into the Rifle range, drank copious amounts of alcohol, watched the Blackpool game, ate some grub, listened to PD who made a quick visit, drank some more beer and got in at some ungodly hour...

OH well, last game and allblush.gif

Edited by underdog

I went, and wondered why I bothered. In fact, I'm wondering whether I should bother renewing my twenty-odd year season ticket after that.

Most of the players simply couldn't be arsed yesterday because there was nothing to play for (How about a bit of PRIDE?). John Gorman's antics were the only highlight of the game (Carl's goal aside) and the 'retain' list should be very small from what I saw.

Mvoto has been inconsistent in this second spell, and his failure to clear for their second goal was typical of the simple mistakes displayed throughout that game and frankly, most of the season by all players.

Shocking passing, lack of awareness and minimal movement off the ball have been our trademark for some months, and yesterday was a display of all those traits at their best.

There you go. There's your match report.

No idea what Taggart offers us. He wouldn't make my retain list either.

I went, and wondered why I bothered. In fact, I'm wondering whether I should bother renewing my twenty-odd year season ticket after that.

Most of the players simply couldn't be arsed yesterday because there was nothing to play for (How about a bit of PRIDE?). John Gorman's antics were the only highlight of the game (Carl's goal aside) and the 'retain' list should be very small from what I saw.

Mvoto has been inconsistent in this second spell, and his failure to clear for their second goal was typical of the simple mistakes displayed throughout that game and frankly, most of the season by all players.

Shocking passing, lack of awareness and minimal movement off the ball have been our trademark for some months, and yesterday was a display of all those traits at their best.

:lol:

I thought Mvoto had a decent game yesterday. The way he was holding his head it looked like his stitches had burst in the second half; every time he went up for a header i couldn't help thinking "bloody hell mate, just leave it".

Disappointing game yesterday, some of them were already on their holidays (Aidy White looked half asleep),but it was a nothing end-of-season game at the end of a confidence-destroying run so maybe that was only to be expected. Trying to look on the bright side, Winchester had a good game, deserved that cracker of a goal.

So am i the only one that wasn't looking forward to the end of the season? Bored already. Roll on June 17th (and hopefully an announcement about the ground in the next few weeks, fingers crossed).

Where's the thread about the game? Or has no-one bothered to talk about that?

All I can see is a load of nonsense about made up rumours and crap really.

No one it talking about the game because we were again horrendous .

Nailed it there mate and Dickov needs to address this it's not been good enough and some of that lot have stole their (late) wages since February - all season if you're Feeney. The second-half of the season has been worse than it was under Penney last season in terms of goalscoring and lack of wins.

Out of yesterday's line-up i'd only retain five or six and half of those would be squad players… unless we bring in some serious quality and experience we're going down next year. Not doom and gloom but fact, £800k budget will not get you much when you are competing against:-

Charlton

Sheff Wed

Sheff U

PNE

Scunny

Chesterfield

Possibly Hudds or Peterborough

So it'll be up to us to make sure we finish above Bury, Dale, Accrington if they come up, Walsall etc…but Dickov has found out the hard way this year that kids will always struggle in the second-half of a season and need guidance from experience around them…Dickov could do worse than have a word with Stitch, who was in a very similar situation...

Nailed it there mate and Dickov needs to address this it's not been good enough and some of that lot have stole their (late) wages since February - all season if you're Feeney. The second-half of the season has been worse than it was under Penney last season in terms of goalscoring and lack of wins.

Out of yesterday's line-up i'd only retain five or six and half of those would be squad players… unless we bring in some serious quality and experience we're going down next year. Not doom and gloom but fact, £800k budget will not get you much when you are competing against:-

Charlton

Sheff Wed

Sheff U

PNE

Scunny

Chesterfield

Possibly Hudds or Peterborough

So it'll be up to us to make sure we finish above Bury, Dale, Accrington if they come up, Walsall etc…but Dickov has found out the hard way this year that kids will always struggle in the second-half of a season and need guidance from experience around them…Dickov could do worse than have a word with Stitch, who was in a very similar situation...

Have to agree with that, the lack of quality/ experience in the backroom staff needs to be addressed.

One major issue i see is our complete lack of any pace throughout the side....We lack any creativity an its often unfair to criticise the strike force when quite simply, they get little or no service at all.

We're in desperate need of an influential player in the middle of the park or someone who can play off the strikers and hold up the ball because we're pretty much too slow to attack. That's why I'd defiantly keep Allesandra.....Morais is the only player we're likely to still have who can create something for us next year - taylor has too many days where if the team doesn't perform - he doesn't perform just like yesterday.

I think anyone who turned up to that garbage yesterday can see clearly that next season will be a tough one for us.