Lennon Attacked

I'm catching up with the news, I've been pretty busy so I only saw this today:

<br></br>

<br></br>

<object width="640" height="390"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="640" height="390" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

<br></br>

<br></br>

What the hell has Lennon done to get all this heat? Is it purely sectarianism?

Nooo...did you have to bring this up on 'ere ? :wink:

As for Lennon - well, just Google and YouTube the bastard (not that I condone assaults, bullets in envelopes and mail bombs).

Edited by Yard Dog

I like the fact the guy can't throw a punch without falling flat on his arse.

Lennon's always taken a fair bit of stick. Remember this:

<iframe width="640" height="510" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ss_7WGYa9nQ?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

If this had been Cantona or Keane, rather than She-ra, the authorities would have been all over it.

Nooo...did you have to bring this up on 'ere ? :wink:

As for Lennon - well, just Google and YouTube the bastard (not that I condone assaults, bullets in envelopes and mail bombs).

There will always be a bit of nonsense when topics like this arise, just can't seem to remember anything as close and as scary as this.

There will always be a bit of nonsense when topics like this arise, just can't seem to remember anything as close and as scary as this.

As the Bin Laden joke went:

"I heard the most hated man in the World had been killed, and I thought to myself "Who's going to get the Celtic job now then?"

It would be pretty unusual for Hearts to be about sectarianism as there's not much of that goes on there (or Hibs for that), it's pretty much a Rangers - Celtic thing. But, he does bring alot of this on himself, and Hearts have more than their fair share of drunken dickheads willing to meet the other side of that bargain.

I love the way he runs past Lennon's 24 hour security, though.

They hate him for having been a Catholic captain of Northern Ireland. He was getting death threats long before he joined Celtic even as a player.

He "retired" from his country because "The Brothers" persuaded him it was good for his health and the health of his family.

Edited by opinions4u

And as i have posted before, if he had wanted to make any kind of sectarian statement he could have taken the easy route and played for the republic. It would be seen as not quite the right thing to do for a catholic boy playing in front of those seething bigots with their have filled songs, and i cant think why he did it other than to try and bridge the gap. Oh well.

They hate him for having been a Catholic captain of Northern Ireland. He was getting death threats long before he joined Celtic even as a player.

But that has nowt to do with the plank at Hearts attacking him. As I said, there is next to no sectarianism at Hearts (I've been more than a few times including a few Hibs ganes). Fans (not Rangers') hate him because he is a :censored:.

Edited by OldhamSheridan

Thats why people are sending bullets and bombs to him? Then why are they sending them to other people as well? You think chris porter is a :censored:, but you dont (yet) have access to the tools of a paramilitary organisation.

That's why people are sending bullets and bombs to him? Then why are they sending them to other people as well? You think chris porter is a :censored:, but you don't (yet) have access to the tools of a paramilitary organisation.

But the dick at Hearts was akin to me and Chris 'bastard son of a whore' Porter.

The bullets, bombs and :censored: are other people who have religious stuff going on.

Two different sets of people.

Ok, so what has he done that is so uniquely twatish that makes supporters of these havens of multi-culturalism such as rangers, hearts and abeerdeen hate him so very much such that they want him to be in dear of his life? I am looking forward to this, you are really going to open my eyes to the sort of man he is.

Ok, so what has he done that is so uniquely twatish that makes supporters of these havens of multi-culturalism such as rangers, hearts and aberdeen hate him so very much such that they want him to be in dear of his life? I am looking forward to this, you are really going to open my eyes to the sort of man he is.

Again you are pairing them together.

The ones that wish him death are the religious freaks, or as you prefer Rangers fans.

The fan that knocked one on him (judging from his Hearts shirt and my experience of the place) was a pissed up plank. Hearts and Aberdeen hate him because he's a dickhead himself. Neither (especially Aberdeen) have no religious aspect.

NB. It'll take a lot for Aberdeen fans to dislike Celtic (managers) as they side with against the Gers so much. They hate them.

I certainly agree that aberdeen have on love for rangers, having heard a hardcore oil worker describe the lovable glasgow chaps as, "filthy bigoted bastards." but there are many contentious managers and players in football. What has lenonn done? It must have been something special.

What has lenonn done?

Am I supposed to answer this?

The first thing he did was play for Northern Ireland and be Fenian.

The second thing he did was be ginger.

The third thing he did was be an utter c&&t.

He is not a fan of some clubs due to (1).

He is not a fan of some clubs due to (2) and (3) - and this is where Hearts fit in.

Am I supposed to answer this?

The first thing he did was play for Northern Ireland and be Fenian.

The second thing he did was be ginger.

The third thing he did was be an utter c&&t.

He is not a fan of some clubs due to (1).

He is not a fan of some clubs due to (2) and (3) - and this is where Hearts fit in.

OK, but this is what I thought the reasons were. Glad to be reassured that it's nothing sectarian then.