Darryl Flahavan?

Not sure if it has been mentioned, if so apologies. I was reading and looking on the BBC site seeing who was being released from what clubs, when I came across this article.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/13391018.stm

My question is would you want Darryl Flahavan back at Oldham, seemed okay when we had him here he's 32 now so no spring chicken and maybe not young enough to fit into Dickov's plans but since we don't have a proper a keeper maybe worth having a butchers what you think?

Yeah I thought that, but maybe the some much needed experience especially at our level. Also with people saying we need two GK's maybe worth enqurying to how much he want in wage, if low sign him up on a short term deal with potential to extend.

From what I saw of the 2 under Penney, Darryl was better than Brill, but Brill did improve this season. Depending on his wage demands he could be a very useful acquisition. However, his personal circumstances might have changed and he might not want to move 200 miles on a more permanent basis. However, as we know the culture of the coaching staff is different this year than last so he might not fit in as well, or the coaching staff might not rate him as much as Penney did.

Plus, when considering a GK, it is worth bearing in mind that youngsters coming through the ranks of a higher up team are often available for a long loan- see Amos for us and Sczenzy (sp?) last season at Brentford, now playing PL for Arsenal.

Rather have kept Dean Brill. I'd forgot he'd even played for us.

Everyone forgot that error he made last game of last season against Charlton? Howler.

You forgotten the errors Brill has made this season and last season? Howlers.

Plus, when considering a GK, it is worth bearing in mind that youngsters coming through the ranks of a higher up team are often available for a long loan- see Amos for us and Sczenzy (sp?) last season at Brentford, now playing PL for Arsenal.

True a youth from the prem might be good in the sense, they get money thrown at their football education, should be cheap on the wages front, but lack experience, often confidence and how to command the area properly but that last one does depend on the individual. But shouldn't we be looking at GK's because at the moment all we have is Paul Gerrard and a youth rite?

So why not one with experience of lower league and one with potential.

Also whats stopping a prem club recalling the player like with Amos?